I HATE BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I just cannot fathom how someone can sit down and watch a baseball game, and I hate how they take up time slots on ESPN.

away from what?

Basketball and football highlights. Not saying they don't deserve equal time slots, I just personally can't stand baseball.

^Its not that baseball haters watch baseball while complaining about it, I think it's mostly the fact that they turn to ESPN expecting to see someaction packed highlights and instead you get baseball
sick.gif

Well, I hate basketball. So there.
frown.gif
Take that back. Mods are you gonna let him get away withthat?

Originally Posted by rock4light

I'd rather watch grass grow. This $$! is boring. I think all you cats are fronting when you say you can sit and watch a game at home.
i watched 145 Reds games on tv last season.

I'd rather watch grass grow. This $$! is boring. I think all you cats are fronting when you say you can sit and watch a game at home.

�MLB Extra Innings the last 3 years now... I don't see myself not buying it in the future either...
I said I wasn't going to get into this, but I think you have to have an appreciation for the subtleties of the game. Baseball is a statistic monster. Thereare stats for everything.

Even though this is a video game video, it captures the feeling of opening day IMO...

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

I just cannot fathom how someone can sit down and watch a baseball game, and I hate how they take up time slots on ESPN.

away from what?

Basketball and football highlights. Not saying they don't deserve equal time slots, I just personally can't stand baseball.

^Its not that baseball haters watch baseball while complaining about it, I think it's mostly the fact that they turn to ESPN expecting to see some action packed highlights and instead you get baseball
sick.gif

Well, I hate basketball. So there.
frown.gif
Take that back. Mods are you gonna let him get away with that?

Never he is a Yankee fan!
pimp.gif

As for the ESPN coverage, most of the baseball season is during NBA, NFL, and NHL off-seasons so it only makes sense that baseball is what you see most. The same goes for those seasons/sports, you don't see baseball coverage unless something big happens because THEY AREN'T IN SEASON
laugh.gif

Dang, how did I miss this?

While I appreciate the diversity involved with the different likes/dislikes we all have, and while I respect everyone's opinion... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... your opinion is clearly wrong.
ohwell.gif

I hate to be the one to tell you, but it's true.

laugh.gif

But nah, I can't agree with you, bro. At all. I love the game itself, with all the chess matches that go on, I love the atmosphere, especiallyearly-afternoon games (
smokin.gif
x infinity), I love the history, I love that the champion is pretty much never the team everyone would thought would be thechampion at the beginning of the season, I love the length of the season (because it means that a 16 game winning streak... means absolutely nothing as far asthe playoffs are concerned
laugh.gif
)... dang, man... how could you know baseball and not like it?

You have to not know it.

You have to.

I'll throw out one un-appreciation for you: Dane Cook.

And the entire Yankees season being on ESPN; that's definitely unappreciated.

And the Red Sox becoming Bristol's favorite child, quickly stealing the Yankees spotlight; it's unappreciated, because instead of taking shine awayfrom the Yankees, they're just becoming another form of the same thing, so now there's two of them. That's unappreciated to the fullest.

Everything else is appreciated, though.
smokin.gif

I just cannot fathom how someone can sit down and watch a baseball game

Baseball is a slow game to watch but there are so many subtleties and underlying stories that go along with it.

I have no problems watching a game live. If the game gets boring, the fan atmosphere more than makes up for it.

9e625be69bcc45fa84f63fad355a7e168de8d60.jpg

I'd say baseball games are fun...of course I'd rather play baseball rather than watch it but TO EACH HIS OWN !
happy.gif

^Its not that baseball haters watch baseball while complaining about it, I think it's mostly the fact that they turn to ESPN expecting to see some action packed highlights and instead you get baseball
sick.gif

Right, and because the NBA/NFL is filled with great teams who are exciting to watch... Sure you could say that watching the Suns and the Nuggets isexciting, but what have they ever won? Teams like the Spurs and Pistons are the least exciting, but are the odds on favorites every year. The NFL is great, butit's normally only 2 days a week, and I think that a majority of people only watch to bet or play fantasy football... So is the MLB or baseball really thatbad? The beauty of the game is that there is a game everyday almost. I was at the Pistons-T'Wolves game the other night and about left halfway into the 3rdquarter... I was wishing I would've went to the Twins game to watch them get blown out by the Angels... The fact that Billups, Sheed, and Rip didn'tplay didn't help... And like what was previously said, I think by wildKY, 162 games DO matter, only 4 teams in each league get to the post season...

I have tried to watch baseball, but it's just not me,

The only time I may watch is the world series ninth inning clinching game

I was watching a little bit of Brewers/Cubs this afternoon. Damn Brewers didn't win.
frown.gif

i will catch the indians game if i have time but other than that only time i really say man i have to see that game is in the playoffs. (only if indians are init) last year was the first time in a long time i said that

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

I swear it seemed like they just had the world series like a month ago now a new season is starting...now i gotta put up with all those lame baseball highlights on sportscenter....baseball is so boring to me...i dont understand how anyone can watch it...

u can go ahead and take this post and file it with the other things u are gonna share at 2nd grade show and tell

^
laugh.gif

I hear ya; I'm the same way with the Lakers.

People often complain 'Man, why are the freaking Lakers always on TNT or ESPN?! That sucks!'

And I'm like "No it doesn't. I think it's pretty awesome.
smokin.gif
"

i hate baseball season as well, i just don't have the patience to sit down and watch an entire baseball game. But on a side note: Lets go Mets!

Q:: Guess what I did before work this afternoon?

A:: I woke up, looked out the window, scratched myself, went to the bathroom, had a bowl of Lucky Charms while i read the paper, did a little cleaning aroundthe 'ol room, took a shower, then I watched the Cubs game for 3 hours......

Q:: Guess what I'm doin tomorrow?

A:: Yup, only I might get a little wacky and go with Honey Nut Cheerios over the LC's.

I love baseball and Honey Nut Cheerios.

The end.

A:: I woke up, looked out the window, scratched myself, went to the bathroom, had a bowl of Lucky Charms while i read the paper, did a little cleaning around the 'ol room, took a shower, then I watched the Cubs game for 3 hours......

A:: Yup, only I might get a little wacky and go with Honey Nut Cheerios over the LC's.

The end.
pimp.gif

even though im a giants fan,that sounds like a great day my man. More power to u

Honey Nut Cheerios over Lucky Charms?
eek.gif
Wildin'.
smh.gif

Baseball is the greatest sport to ever be played.
pimp.gif
Football is veryclose behind.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by aRog27

A:: I woke up, looked out the window, scratched myself, went to the bathroom, had a bowl of Lucky Charms while i read the paper, did a little cleaning around the 'ol room, took a shower, then I watched the Cubs game for 3 hours......

The end.

Lucky you
laugh.gif
. I have school and other stuff to take care of. My life isn't that carefree... yet
laugh.gif

I hate the fact that more than half of the teams are out of it by the time summer begins. So if you're a fan of a team other than the Yanks, Sawx, etc, the chances are pretty high that you'll be watching an under-achieving squad all year long. And really, what fun is that? I mean, the Orioles haven't made the playoffs in 11 years. The Jays, FIFTEEN years. The Rays... never in 10 seasons. The Pirates, SIXTEEN.

I think even the baseball purists can agree that it hurts the game a bit to have so few spots for the post-season. Most "purists" or "elitists" cried about the wildcard at first. But look how great that has turned out. It's probably time to expand the playoffs a bit imo.

I also am tired of the same ol', tried and true pinstripes on the uniform look. It's like every team has pinstripes it seems.
smh.gif

Actually, more than half the teams in each league were still alive during the last month of the regular season. Off the top of my head:

NL East: Mets, Braves, Phillies
NL Central: Cubs, Brewers
NL West: Dodgers, Padres, D'Backs, Rockies

NBA teams have had their droughts as well, but you must admit, half the league getting in the playoffs is not good as well. The playoffs are way too long inthe NBA. Four teams, three division winners and a wild card team, is perfect. It also gives more meaning to winning some of those 162 games.

Most baseball purists would actually say that it is best that there are a few spots for the playoffs, compared to too many spots.

I guess you have been tuning in to Sportcenter a lot and seeing the Yankees constantly. In reality, not many teams rock pinstripes (off the top of my head):Yankees, Cubs, Rockies, Twins, Astros, Mets, Phillies, White Sox.

I love baseball season....
smokin.gif

I love football, college more than the NFL, but the coverage (Year Round) is OD. They don't have nothing to cover right now, I bet they were happy as hellthat Chris Henry got dumped, they covered that story to death. Getting a panel discussion on a players release,
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom