I hate Nas for saying hip-hop is dead.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Gives these damn "purists" more of a reason to make an argument that no other genre of music has to deal with. Self-hate and depreciation.

Without saying too much i'll say a few things:

if a majority of people like some music...they like it. Theres nothing wrong with that. They just LIKE it. They're aware of everything that goes along with it. They just like it.

Also, I can't play my Roots or Common collection in the club.

With that said, Nas, you have these commenters on blogs annoying the hell out of me talking about what "Hip-Hop" is. IF you want to have your million man march, go ahead, but dont hate on the next man when you're not popular OR because your music marginalizes the same people you hope to reach.

Since you got a Common collection listen to "I Used To Love Her"

He's basically preaching the same message so you cant hate Nas.

In addition Nas doesnt need to get mad about nothing cuz he will sell well in the stores.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Some of y'all are confusing Hip Hop with rap.

Rap is not the only element of Hip Hop.

Hip Hop as a whole IS dead.
while certain aspects are dying like graf and bboying the culture will never die... Old school 80's/90's hip hop>99.9 percent of the new $@@*

I remember Dre3G usin it on Kasts Greatest Hit record in 01
"I'm out here knowin Hip Hop is Dead"

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

People were saying Hip Hop was dead long before NAS used it , it has nothing to do with him .

Step ya game up .
"I'm out here knowin' hip-hop is dead; The average *+*!# on my corner yellin' what the #@!% you mean-mean
See we ain't even sing the mouth to chop counter-clock wise goes the neighborhood
Hand me downs and canned-goods, wont cut the Grei-pupon
We got to make it run, back to the drawing board can't afford to lose yall make me yawn"

_Andre 3000 (2001)

It goes even further back. Dudes been saying it since '97. Matter fact, some dudes were talking about it in '94 and even earlier. '97 is when itreally started to die in the mainstream though, and as a result, when the underground really started to get popping
pimp.gif

His worst is Nastradamus but he really wanted to change that with that garbage release.

Mainstream Hip Hop is Dead

I remember when back in the day cats like Mos Def,The Roots,Pharoahe Monch all got radio & video play, Its not not like that now. There is no balance onthe radio these days, every hour the same songs are being played. There is no Nas,The Roots, or Talib being played on the radio

What I didn't like was how "hip-hop is dead" became a sub pop culture after Nas said it. People walking around with hip hop dead t shirts andtalking about what "real" hip hop is. The thing that annoyed me the most is that rap artist been complaining about the transition of rap since"what they do", "I used to love her", and "too late"...but those complaints went unnoticed because it didnt come from the mostpopular artist. Though Nas is still one of my favorite emcee's, him saying "Hip Hop is dead" is like Al Gore talking about global warming.However, I feel if your unhappy with something use should be able to express how you feel without being labeled a "HATER". The fact is the integrityin rap music has decreased tremendously, and a culture like hip hop that has empowering history behind it should be executed with respect of ones craft..(iknow that sounds cheezy..but ehh)

I hate you for hating nas.

"some techno auto tuned pop beat" > "gritty" piano beat "straight out of the gutter"

HUGE STONE FACE

Hiphop evolved.

Get over it.

Originally Posted by KIXrUS16

The fact is the integrity in rap music has decreased tremendously, and a culture like hip hop that has empowering history behind it should be executed with respect of ones craft..

"There are too many MC's who are overrated
You ask me, they wasn't even supposed to make it
In the rap biz, they don't know what rap is
So give it up, become a actor or a actress
Or a producer, cause you fail to use the
Mic right, so take flight before I bruise ya
For sayin those bull crap wack raps on wax
You need to get smacked, sit back and rip that contract
Hey yo, I'm serious, Big L ain't playin games
I should get foul and buck wild and start sayin names
But deep down inside you know who you are
Your rhymes are not up to par, you fake superstar
And that really gets on my nerve
When a rapper gets the credit that he don't deserve
Goin platinum and don't have no soul
Some rappers are mad nice and don't even go gold
"

smh.gif

Originally Posted by kingk777

Hiphop evolved.

Get over it.

I never understood this. What does "evolved" even mean ? This garbage is not "evolution"... it's just garbage made by lames whodon't know/understand where it came from and have no respect. Don't even deserve to hold a mic.

"Hip Hop has never been the same since '88
Since it became a lucrative profession there's a misconception
that movement in any direction is progression
Even though the potency of it lessens

big money industries writing checks to suppress the question"

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom