I have to do it, DETROIT APPRECIATION

Home Sweet Home!
pimp.gif

Belle Isle on a summer day > _____________

Honestly, I love Detroit. Other cities may have better weather, better public transit, and a better reputation, but you have to give it up to a place that hassuch a confident steez with seemingly so little to celebrate.

There are entire neighborhoods that look like they've been bombed out, but there are some of the stateliest mansions and nicest new developments as well.The Yankees may have 26 championships to 25 amongst Detroit's major sports teams, but the Red Wings dynasty has survived the intro of a salary cap in theNHL. NYY just buy players, Detroit builds gritty and hard-working teams. Detroit has more automotive R&D facilities located in its vicinity thanany other place in the world. It has served as the Motor City, the 'arsenal of democracy' - building the bombers and tanks that kept us safe in WWII,and and the home of the Motown Sound. It has given rise to some of the finest soul, rock, and electronic artists to ever grace this planet. It is still thesingle busiest border crossing in North America and a vital commercial hub. It has a rich and cultured history, and I pray it has a bright future.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Abandoned%20Houses%20Detroit%20Michigan03.jpg

Fisher_Body_plant_21_-_Detroit_Michigan.jpg

Abandoned%20Houses%20Detroit%20Michigan03.jpg

Dont see how that can be appreciated in your city

this is finna sound dumb, but I can appreciate run down buidings like this

they add the character to a neighborhood thats missing in the burbs

smh at myself

Originally Posted by raburns04

Honestly, I love Detroit. Other cities may have better weather, better public transit, and a better reputation, but you have to give it up to a place that has such a confident steez with seemingly so little to celebrate.

There are entire neighborhoods that look like they've been bombed out, but there are some of the stateliest mansions and nicest new developments as well. The Yankees may have 26 championships to 25 amongst Detroit's major sports teams, but the Red Wings dynasty has survived the intro of a salary cap in the NHL. NYY just buy players, Detroit builds gritty and hard-working teams. Detroit has more automotive R&D facilities located in its vicinity than any other place in the world. It has served as the Motor City, the 'arsenal of democracy' - building the bombers and tanks that kept us safe in WWII, and and the home of the Motown Sound. It has given rise to some of the finest soul, rock, and electronic artists to ever grace this planet. It is still the single busiest border crossing in North America and a vital commercial hub. It has a rich and cultured history, and I pray it has a bright future.

laugh.gif
.......thats the best you could come up with??

Detroit sucks. Point Blank Period.....and I have team Michigan sig...soo thats how much it sucks.

Detroit does suck.... but its home.
like you have to be from there to love it and hate it.
i know so many folks i went to school with has relocated, and we all say the same "Had to move cuz its for the best, but the D is always gonna behome"

and if ya'll think Detroit is bad, you should see my birth city Flint (Flintstones
pimp.gif
)
way worse than Detroit.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

WHAT UP DOE!!!

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

its funny that people hate on the city that already has so much going against it.....but like others have said, you have to live here to love it......

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

roll.gif
a8615ce6ead02a3135171181028bf47e50ee292.pjpg
roll.gif
laugh.gif
i remember this ........is it true that cats in detriotused too or still do wear these coats called "ali wasson" or however you spell it......... but anyways they would be wearing these 2 or $3000 coatsand setting at the bus stop
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom