I have to do it, DETROIT APPRECIATION

you know how i feel......
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Detroit does suck.... but its home.
like you have to be from there to love it and hate it.
i know so many folks i went to school with has relocated, and we all say the same "Had to move cuz its for the best, but the D is always gonna be home"

and if ya'll think Detroit is bad, you should see my birth city Flint (Flintstones
pimp.gif
)
way worse than Detroit.
Detroit is home, only place i could see myself moving to is Cali or AZ...but yeah flint is grimmy as hell lmaoo..more crime in flint than detroit.

7MILE......LOVE IT.....Fireworks wearing Yays......the good old days. Its home I will always love it. Not living there now because of work but soon as i goback for a vacation im hitting up coney island....
pimp.gif
Somerset . Isn't the best place to raise a family now but ehh its the crib. And nah...90% of thepeople saying detroit sucks this and that haven't been.

NYSE: GM
52week High: 20.65
52week Low: 1.00
sick.gif

gm

How are you a fortune 100 trading for $1.45 today?
laugh.gif

The Markets and consequently America does not respect GM, Chrysler, the city of Detroit or the State of Michigan.

Lions 0-16?
Pistons+ Iverson Fail?
Didn't one of your recent mayors get the axe for some shady stuff?
Well above national average unemployment rate?
Skyrocketing commercial and residential property vacancy rate?
Wasting tax money with a bailout? What is the difference between Chrysler and soon GM filing for bankruptcy now versus back in Janruary? Our Tax money.
indifferent.gif

Giving those 2 companies money was like trying to put a band aid on a fatal wound.

My point: This Detroit Appreciation thread is a victim of horrible timing. This post would have done much better in 2006.

Whatupdoe ...... I love how people dog us out...... sure we have a ton wrong with us ...but we keep going strong ... and the efforts of detroiters hasbenefited not only the USA but also the world!!!! take it for what it is ....I will keep repping hard...

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Whatupdoe ...... I love how people dog us out...... sure we have a ton wrong with us ...but we keep going strong ... and the efforts of detroiters has benefited not only the USA but also the world!!!! take it for what it is ....I will keep repping hard...

good, detroit really is where the strong survive.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by raburns04

Honestly, I love Detroit. Other cities may have better weather, better public transit, and a better reputation, but you have to give it up to a place that has such a confident steez with seemingly so little to celebrate.

There are entire neighborhoods that look like they've been bombed out, but there are some of the stateliest mansions and nicest new developments as well. The Yankees may have 26 championships to 25 amongst Detroit's major sports teams, but the Red Wings dynasty has survived the intro of a salary cap in the NHL. NYY just buy players, Detroit builds gritty and hard-working teams. Detroit has more automotive R&D facilities located in its vicinity than any other place in the world. It has served as the Motor City, the 'arsenal of democracy' - building the bombers and tanks that kept us safe in WWII, and and the home of the Motown Sound. It has given rise to some of the finest soul, rock, and electronic artists to ever grace this planet. It is still the single busiest border crossing in North America and a vital commercial hub. It has a rich and cultured history, and I pray it has a bright future.

laugh.gif
.......thats the best you could come up with??

Detroit sucks. Point Blank Period.....and I have team Michigan sig...soo thats how much it sucks.
Hey, it's not easy! Not everybody understands the appeal of ghettotech, Faygo, gators, old-school players, paczkis, and the Dream Cruise.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Abandoned%20Houses%20Detroit%20Michigan03.jpg
I actually like the details in this house. put this in a nice neighborhood it would be a rehab home. I look at way too much HGTV lol.

1. It's the only city in the history of the United States to hit a population of over 1,000,000 residents and then subsequently fall back under that number.
  2. The city has lost more than half of its population since the 1950's.
  3. Over 30% of the city's population lives below the poverty line.
  4. Over 36 square miles (58 square kilometers) of land sits vacant, which is roughly the size of the city of San Francisco.
  5. The city tears down between 1,500 and 2,000 homes a year, which only keeps pace with the problem and doesn't cut into the backlog of the 12,000 abandoned homes.
Things are getting so bad that people are moving their deceased loved ones' bodies out of the city into other cemeteries

"Suburbanites are taking the bodies of their relatives out of cemeteries because they're afraid to come to the city," Vogel said. "There areabout 400 to 500 hundred (being moved) a year which shows you the depth of racism and fear."

You know your city sucks when even the dead people are leaving.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom