I have to do it, DETROIT APPRECIATION

I'm from detroit, I dont live there now but detroit is
smh.gif
for the most part but has a few
pimp.gif
parts to it

i've never been to detroit, but the majority of my college friends are from there...real cool peeps.

dudes would live in a dorm and have cartier glasses, gucci loafers, pelle pelle & ali wassom jackets, minks and not have a car..

Y'all some damn fools if y'all thinking Detroit not about to bounce back. We got Dave Bing in office and that huge movie studio they're in theprocess of building. Give us 5 years..

Only 3 good things have ever come out Detroit...Henry Ford, the Detroit Red Wings and Motown Records. Other than that, the city is garbage.

Originally Posted by westhellthug

everybody that is saying Detroit sucks how many have actually been to Detroit

I have family that lives in warren and other fam that live in detroit and I can tell you when I visit it may be the sunniest day outside and it will just feelreally gloomy/depressing. Detroit FTL

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i've never been to detroit, but the majority of my college friends are from there...real cool peeps.

dudes would live in a dorm and have cartier glasses, gucci loafers, pelle pelle & ali wassom jackets, minks and not have a car..
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The hate in here is funny... Is Detroit a messed up city? Yes. But I think most of the people here can still see the beauty that lingers beneath the surface.Plus at least our city has character! I'll take that over the white-washed, disney-eque, pseudo suburbs that most major cities are becoming.

Just the our history should get us a pass from all this hatred... Music: Motown, the invention of techno/raves, hip hop: Dilla/Em/etc., The Nation of Islam,American industry during WWII, 1st indoor mall in America, 1st modern Zoo, etc., etc. You can call it ugly or run down all you want, but at least resepct theimpact Detroit has had and continues to have on the nation at large.

But like so many other people said, if you aren't from here I couldn't expect you to ever understand what is so special.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Freshman year of college that was me
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Tha hell was i doing in Florida with Pelle Pelle Leather and a sherling leatherback then....

Detroit sucks...and this is coming from a person that grew up in Gary, IN and Indianapolis. And somebody school me onwhy they're called the Detroit Pistons when they actually play in Auburn Hills.

^ Because they used to play in Detroit but had an Arena built in the burbs. Same reason the Giants/Jets aren't called the NJ Jets.

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

^ Because they used to play in Detroit but had an Arena built in the burbs. Same reason the Giants/Jets aren't called the NJ Jets.
Good looks for the info.

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Detroit sucks...and this is coming from a person that grew up in Gary, IN and Indianapolis. And somebody school me on why they're called the Detroit Pistons when they actually play in Auburn Hills.
I'm sorry, but you've got no leg to stand on . . . Gary? C'mon . . .

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

please thousandaire, i can't find a box in rhode island that's as rundown as detroit.

laugh.gif
Boy it ain't !#$% poppin' in Rhode Island unless your name isPeter Griffin

Originally Posted by FaMs

"Suburbanites are taking the bodies of their relatives out of cemeteries because they're afraid to come to the city," Vogel said. "There are about 400 to 500 hundred (being moved) a year which shows you the depth of racism and fear."

You know your city sucks when even the dead people are leaving.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I spent a week in Detroit recently on a business trip and it was better than what I thought it would be (although my expectations for Detroit were not veryhigh). I had some good food and enjoyed drinks at a bar during one of the Red Wings regular season games. All in all not a bad trip (never is when the companyyou are there to work with is contractually obligated to pay for everything).

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Originally Posted by FaMs

"Suburbanites are taking the bodies of their relatives out of cemeteries because they're afraid to come to the city," Vogel said. "There are about 400 to 500 hundred (being moved) a year which shows you the depth of racism and fear."

You know your city sucks when even the dead people are leaving.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

DAMN!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Detroit does suck.... but its home.
like you have to be from there to love it and hate it.
i know so many folks i went to school with has relocated, and we all say the same "Had to move cuz its for the best, but the D is always gonna be home"

and if ya'll think Detroit is bad, you should see my birth city Flint (Flintstones
pimp.gif
)
way worse than Detroit.

True indeed fam Belle Isle in the summer > anything

I don't get why everybody hates on Detroit? We don't talk down on any of your cities. Detroit isn't much different from most other cities in termsof what we have to offer. I've been to so many different cities throughout the world and they are all pretty much the same. As for Detroit's economicproblems much of it can be tied to the fact that Michigan is one of the most segregated states, and Metro Detroit is probably the most racially divided metroarea. In the past the city was where the rich lived (evident in some of the residences scattered throughout the city). White flight occurred when the citybegan getting populated with "too many blacks", and the rich whites began to move towards the outskirts of Detroit, and surrounding cities. When thewhites left so did the money, and with the money went the jobs, and education, and as a result of less jobs, and sub par educational systems crime ratesincreased as a product of the desperation of Detroiters attempting to make ends meet. We have the same problems as any big city though, and so much to offer.If any of you are ever in Detroit give me a call and I'll show you a good time and change your mind, Detroit has something for everyone.

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Tigers are looking solid ^

true indeed.... Verlander is back to his old self, and D Train is looking solid... Zumaya is back and Fernando Rodney is looking amazing (pause), Bondermanwill be back next week, look for the Tigers to make noise in the AL.... i WILL be back for the playoffs...... and im trying to make it back for the Red WingsStanley Cup celebration.... Dowtown gonna be SO live. Woodward Ave FTW!

Back
Top Bottom