I just yelled at my boss... Update on pg 8

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Well since you've already gone off on her, then just go off on her superior if you get fired because she can't do her job.

Kinda like how George Costanza got hired by the Yankees.
this

You need to find this guy and talk to him about the situation.
office_toby_650wide.jpg

Trust me, SHE is more nervous than you.

No offense it's an internship, not the end of the world. They'll be more. Trust me. Seeing that you're working as an intern is indicative of your work ethic and drive. That's all that matters. SHE has basically dressed you down in front of the whole group losing HER cool. SHE has a lot more to lose. This is her occupation. If she comes up to you putting the power play on you, tell her that you're going to speak to HR about what just happened. In fact, you should anyway. Tell HR that you took this internship with this company to get an experience of a professional work place as you decide your career path. You SHOULD NOT be subject to any hectoring or mocking attitude from superiors who are supposed to offer guidance. like I said, SHE is way more nervous than you. Trust me. I know it's not the best feeling, but I don't see this as your fault. If that's what she said verbatim ("And, next time, think for a second before you waste my time with these %!$%%@@ questions.") SHE is in a LOT of trouble. I work at a large investment bank and speaking to interns like that is a fire-able offense.

She was obviously testing you.. You will definitely be getting a bonus/raise. Nothing to worry about fambs

Originally Posted by Volkswaggin Chedda

Originally Posted by shogun

Go to HR and complain about her.  You're an intern, no need for her to insult you for everyone to hear.  That's verbal abuse.

This. And QUICKLY. She was in the wrong and not you- she cursed at you, insulted your intelligence, and embarassed you in front of your co-workers. DONT LET YOUR "INTERN" STATUS MAKE YOU THINK YOU DESERVE THAT TREATMENT.
What HR will do is confidentially handle the situation and be your advocate. Its their job. If you go to them you can't lose. If you don't you risk letting your boss manipulate the situation to get rid of you. Good luck man and POST UPDATES!!!!
yep. be proactive.  get on offense.

burn down the building word to office space. i have vindictive thoughts like that, call me a sociopath
grin.gif

or you could take it up with HR.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Well since you've already gone off on her, then just go off on her superior if you get fired because she can't do her job.

Kinda like how George Costanza got hired by the Yankees.

HIRE THIS MAN!!!

Originally Posted by natelav129

So i'm an intern right. It's my second summer working at a corporate insurance company, but I work in the IT department.
Basically, I've been setting up this collaboration site for my supervisor ( a woman, if that matters, idk) and things have been straight I suppose even though i'm her mule doing all the work.

I guess she stressing cause she's supposedly presenting this to her higher up and wants it to be perfect.

So far, i've made maybe one or two little mistakes that i've easily fixed within minutes but today I was struggling understanding all these functionalities she wanted me to incorporate.

Long story short, she calls me into her office, we're discussing whatever and she can see I'm a bit confused. So, her approach was not to slow it down a bit and explain clearer....it was to completely degrade me and talk to me like a !@!#*# idiot, with the door open, for the whole floor to hear.

Now, i'm a pretty relaxed dude. I apologize and tell her I understand just to get out of there basically. 

So, as I'm about to walk out she says "And, next time, think for a second before you waste my time with these %!$%%@@ questions."

At that point, I say "Well next time, hopefully we're able to communicate more efficiently."

I guess she took this as like warfare or some %%+% because she immediately gets heated, does the little "What did you say?!" act, closes the door, and gets in my face.

No longer could I take it and without even thinking I begin to insult her knowledge of what I'm working on, her inability to give direction, and my business-like facade is gone.

It ended with her just telling me to get out, and now I'm at my desk while all my co-workers are like "Dude, @#!"

I don't even know really how to handle a situation like this, as I've never even been close to having a conflict at work before. BUT, I'M PRETTY SURE I WILL BE FIRED.

Anybody ever had a situation like this before? I'm still sitting here like 
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

Brief:

1. Working on project for my boss, which she is completely reliant on me for

2. For first time, have issue on delivering what she wants

3. Proceeds to yell and belittle ya boy

4. Could not avoid retaliating....or tried for a second

5. Sitting here like Oh %%+%....
Changes for future employment ruined.
pimp.gif

I applaud you man! I wanted to do that to my previous boss but I didn't have the courage to do it...

I suggest finding another job, it'll certainly be awkward at your workplace.

Originally Posted by Freeze

Originally Posted by Volkswaggin Chedda

Originally Posted by shogun

Go to HR and complain about her.  You're an intern, no need for her to insult you for everyone to hear.  That's verbal abuse.

This. And QUICKLY. She was in the wrong and not you- she cursed at you, insulted your intelligence, and embarassed you in front of your co-workers. DONT LET YOUR "INTERN" STATUS MAKE YOU THINK YOU DESERVE THAT TREATMENT.
What HR will do is confidentially handle the situation and be your advocate. Its their job. If you go to them you can't lose. If you don't you risk letting your boss manipulate the situation to get rid of you. Good luck man and POST UPDATES!!!!
yep. be proactive.  get on offense.
God luck OP

Go over here head...(her boss) or contact HR and asked what you can do about the problem you have with her.

I am pretty sure when you did your orientation it was some kind of rules or code of ethics.

you should have done like shawn wayans did on "the wayans bros" show and gave her whatever it was you were working on at the last minute.

purposely mess #%!@ up and let her present it
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom