I never knew that......

In the 1980s, there was an online service called Viewtron. You could read news, buy stuff online, e-mail, bank, etc. It predated the modern internet.

It folded in 1986 because it was too expensive and was losing money.

WHOA. Had no idea about this.
eek.gif

The only thing about Viewtron is it wasn't "WORLD WIDE"... it was almost like a Local Internet. Way ahead of its time!

The Shopping component had to be BS tho. Couldn't even see pics of what you're buying. Lol

That Walmart bs about it closing down the competition.. Those smaller stores and chains are just as greedy ..

FIdel castro was captured when invading the Dominican Republic as a law student and when being brought to the Domincan Republic jumped ship and swam 9 miles in shark infested water back to Cuba

I'm reading a book about the Havana Mob and the revolution in the 50's...a lot of crazy history there

If lobster and shrimp were considered insects id still eat the hell outta them. Ive eaten insects before too

-when your mouth is shut youre tounge subconsciously suctions to the roof of your mouth...this is so the jaw muscles can relax.

-dogs like squeaky toys becuz its from their wolf instinct of almost dead prey still wimpering.

-Traitor" and "tradition" have the same root word because both involve handing something over.

-the word 'daisy' comes from the Old English for 'day's eye', as the flowers open during the day and shut again at night.

-muscle" - derived from the Latin word "musculus", which translates to "little mouse". When physicians were first observing the musculature, it is said that they remarked that the muscles in the biceps and calves (most notably) looked like mice running under the skin.

Why are u @ing me lol?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom