I rock wit Troy Ave, but he kinda got killed by this Vice article

I didnt say they where as talented as the other rappers i named.I said the cinfidence is just as high as theres.The rap has changed dramatically.The talent you speak of is not needed anymore.Confidence with enough talent to write good hooks on trap beats is all a new rapper needs today.The talent level has decreased dramatically.Its because the youth see the trash that become successful.Then they repeate it.Thats why it might get worse in a couple of years.A rapper doesnt even have to be good at making albums anymore.Put out a couple of catchy songs online.Then your good.We can blame the gate keepers and fans for that.Its quantity over quality now.Its why your favourite rapper doesnt think they need to release new material anymore.Why would Jay or Nas release an album in this climate.Cats have crowned Future,Young Thug,yahty,uzi,Kodak as top rappers.Rap is literally a parody/joke right now.Compared to how it use to be.If we had a couple more on a high skill level from different regions.Then we would have more balance.Having 3-5 good artist compared to 15-30 trash artist is not balance.Thats why some feel Kendrick is overrated.In this era who is his competition.Where are the young Ice Cubes,2Pacs,Biggies,Puns,DMX,Nas,Jay,Scarface.Its not his fault.But you had to be on Kendricks level skill wise.Just to have a chance in the 90,s.You dont need that skill set to get on now.

So yes.Confidence,and repetitive sing songy hooks on trap beats,with a no f attitude=success in rap today.Were not talking about how it use to be.

im with grimey you still need talent at the end of the day...someone enjoys there music  if not they wouldn't be in the position they are right now

Last edited:
Today=A little talent with a overly confident attitude.1988-2005=God like talent/spitting with the ability to tell stories through album format.Most of yall think Dolph,Future,Migos,yahty,uzi are talented.There talented in making catchy songs.Thats where all the talent talk with these new rappers stop.Most of this generation rappers are 20%-40% talent.60%-80% confidence.So when yall say talent.Please break down the talent to me.Because other than catchy club songs.Whats so talented about them.If were comparing it to how it use to be.The rap game is a parody now.You had cats with the skill level of Migos getting jumped by Suge Knight .For auditioning at Death Row offices.For thinking there talented.Now yall think and call this talent.Nope its not talent.Its mostly trash with a little talent.

Whats funny about this Troy Ave situation.Is that all of the hate hes getting.Is free promotion.He has literally the entire state help him promote for free.Rappers,radio Dj,s think there hurting him by hating and talking greasy about him.There actually helping.Because now since some people werent fans.There going to check his music out now.Just to see whats all the hype is all about.

Budden clearly got some hate in him about ol boy.

I dont really get all the hate on troy ave
. I can see it from both sides of the situation tho. I can see why the fam is upset but i also see troys perspective. They both seem to be pretty solid, troy just still got that cocky street/rapper mentality which can rub a lot of people the wrong way.

1. Being a mediocre rapper but acting like you're better than you are
2. Coke Rap = being a fraud
3. Calling random rappers weirdos(Kendrick is a weirdo?)
4. Talking about Capital Steez
5. Tax, who does have a pretty strong following
6. The events after Tax, continuing to glamorize getting shot and that lifestyle
7. Attacking your mans family

You can't see why people hate Troy Ave?

It was whatever with the first three for me. It didn't matter. I looked at it as promotion during this current time.

After number four I was done with kid. I said it up here. I said Joey shouldn't have even responded.

Whats funny about this Troy Ave situation.Is that all of the hate hes getting.Is free promotion.He has literally the entire state help him promote for free.Rappers,radio Dj,s think there hurting him by hating and talking greasy about him.There actually helping.Because now since some people werent fans.There going to check his music out now.Just to see whats all the hype is all about.

When do you hear a DJ playing him? He hasn't had **** that stuck since All About The Money. That was two years ago, before the drama with Tax.

And none of the **** has made his career pop at all

It's like a car crash. You're stopping and looking, but who is trying to stop and trying to help?

Like I said earlier, Tyga is the biggest ****** rapper in the world if we count news stories. Are you buying any of his music because of it?

Success and getting on is very subjective.Its funny that most people think making over 6 Figures a year.With a house and a couple of cars.While having creative control independently isnt success.Being a person to have those things.And live a comfortable life while doing what you love.Is success to me.For the last couple of weeks.You cant go online without seeing Troy,s name.Hes getting OD free promotion from all the talk.Your crazy if you dont think so.Hes independent on top of that.Labels pray for there artist to get this much promotion/marketing.It took for his homeboy to get killed.And for him to get shot.But hes getting it.

Attention is indeed a form of currency. But the point is to grab people's attention and SELL SOMETHING to them while you have it. The attention only lasts 15 minutes.

Soulja Boy did a masterful job at getting everyone's attention a few months ago. And it when it was up...it was up.

This incident isn't going to push Troy Ave past the level of success he had already gained. Troy Ave isn't gaining any NEW fans that will generate more revenue with any of this. 

Last edited:
1380092_524500827635874_398850432_n.jpg

Thats why Joe feels the need to put his 2 cents in.I never heard Troy talk negative about Joe or Cyn.I did find it odd that Joe said my girl told me to not say 1 word about Troy.Hes not worth it.I dont think Cyn said that.I think Joe knows something we dont.Joe is emotional.So if Troy had her in any type of sexual way before Joe,walla.This is what we see.

Attention is indeed a form of currency. But the point is to grab people's attention and SELL SOMETHING to them while you have it. The attention only lasts 15 minutes.

Soulja Boy did a masterful job at getting everyone's attention a few months ago. And it when it was up...it was up.

This incident isn't going to push Troy Ave past the level of success he had already gained. Troy Ave isn't gaining any NEW fans that will generate more revenue with any of this. 

I don't know if this can be definitely stated.

All this madness is likely getting his music more looks. Some people may actually enjoy it.

And I was surprised to see that he's doing a string of West Coast dates as we speak.

But at some point the music needs to get better IMO (though I haven't actually listened to any of Nupac, so maybe it already is).

Last edited:
Thats why Joe feels the need to put his 2 cents in.I never heard Troy talk negative about Joe or Cyn.I did find it odd that Joe said my girl told me to not say 1 word about Troy.Hes not worth it.I dont think Cyn said that.I think Joe knows something we dont.Joe is emotional.So if Troy had her in any type of sexual way before Joe,walla.This is what we see.

Troy Ave apologist :lol:

No, he gave his opinion on the situation on his podcast just like he would any news situation. Did Soulja Boy mention Joe in a diss song?

He also mentioned Troy when he talked about Troy when the shooting happen. It's a news story within hip hop.

If you don't think speaking out against someone dissing a dead mans family, that's saying something. What did they do to get dissed? That should be your question instead.

Then Troy proceeded to diss him in song.

So what did you expect Joe to do?

Last edited:
TROY AVE is a straight up clown for real watching the breakfast club interview should have confirmed that like for real who sees gunmen coming at their cars & yells out "YOU AIN'T NO KILLER" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].. Dude here been a lame & a cornball he wanted to be like 50 now he's 2PAC....He really is trying make himself out to be the NUPAC look at the pics he has on the NUPAC cover like dude really tried it....He's a trash can rapper like he's not a good rapper....

I mean...she's a model/video girl. It's not exactly a shocker that she licked someone's face in a music video. 

But let NT tell it, your video vixen girlfriend licking someone's face in a music video 4 years before you dated her is an L. 

Troy Ave apologist :lol:

No, he gave his opinion on the situation on his podcast just like he would any news situation. Did Soulja Boy mention Joe in a diss song?

He also mentioned Troy when he talked about Troy when the shooting happen. It's a news story within hip hop.

If you don't think speaking out against someone dissing a dead mans family, that's saying something. What did they do to get dissed? That should be your question instead.

Then Troy proceeded to diss him in song.

So what did you expect Joe to do?

Also this isn't the first time Joe has taken issue with Troy Ave on the podcast. This is even before Cyn came into the picture.

I believe it was when Joey Badass man committed suicide and Troy Ave made some disgusting remarks about it then as well.

So now we don't worry about how many women someone slept with, we worry about what they did in videos :lol:

Do you dudes find your girls at the monestary?

I hate how dudes have some sort of belief that I can have an opinion and express it on a message board, but how dare Joe give his opinion publicly. You don't think cats like 50 and Fab don't talk about it?

Back
Top Bottom