I Saw the Most Terrible Thing Yesterday... (Pics)

There is no such thing as a bad dog. Pits can be the most loyal and most loving companions and can he trained to be very good dogs. It's the owners that are to blame. IMO, it should be the owner that should get punished, not the dog.
I feel really bad for the other dog, though. 

owner of the little dog should have had it on a leash. no matter how well behaved you think your dog is, that doesn't mean you're above following the rules. it could have easily been prevented.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by CWrite78

^ that's not true.

not all pits are bad, it all really depends on the owner. i've seen pits that look just straight evil but are the kindest, most submissive dogs i've come across.

while they're capable of being "kind" and obedient dogs, they're aggressive by nature.  there's really no good reason to own a pit bull especially considering the many options of less aggressive breeds one can choose from.
That whole "aggressive by nature" crap is a big misconception.

i guess my professor in the companion animals class i took was wrong.

c'mon bro.  be serious.  there's a reason pit bulls have the reputation they do.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

It's not the pit bulls owner's fault tho. No matter what, you should always have your dog on a leash. I have a black yorkie poo, if we're in public then he's on his leash. People need to stop being so reckless.

how is it not her fault? If u have dogs that are going to violently kill another dog that gets near it why wouldnt u put a muzzle on that dog? Not only that but she wasent strong enough to control the dogs after they went crazy...it was no less then 80% her fault

roll.gif

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by djuzi05

I swear Pitbulls are the devil. And people that defend them are idiots. They aren't meant for domestic pets.

LOL. uneducated people FTL. any dog can become agressive if they are trained that way. +$#%#
But these dogs have a greater propensity to be really violent. People who are obsessed with pitbulls knowing fully well their nature remind me of chicks who go for bad guys because they want a challenge. I mean there's nothing cute about this breed. 

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Damn thats horrible.

Should have tazed the pitbulls bro.

Tazers don't work well on dogs.skin is too thick.That's her bad for not having her dog on a leash tho!

while they're capable of being "kind" and obedient dogs, they're aggressive by nature.  there's really no good reason to own a pit bull especially considering the many options of less aggressive breeds one can choose from.

c'mon bro.  be serious.  there's a reason pit bulls have the reputation they do.

Yeah dumb owners trying to buy an image, cowards trying to make money, and the media, what else? there dog agressive if not properly trained and socialized,

No good reason to own a pit??? less agressive breeds? im agressive my damn self why would i want my dog to be any diffrent? people get dogs for the lifestlye they fit and these dogs stand security for so many damn familys when the man of the house cant be there whos there ? most loyal creature on earth im post this article for yall change your thoughts real quick.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BARANGAY LAPASAN (Philippines)
Mar 1, 2007

The children in the Fronteras household refer to their dog as "kuya" ("big brother"), and he certainly proved it on the day he sacrificed his life to protect the family.

On Monday, Feb. 12 at around 2 p.m., "Chief", an American Pit Bull Terrier, rescued Liberata la Victoria, 87, and her granddaughter Maria Victoria Fronteras from a deadly cobra which had entered their house through an opening in the kitchen.

Liberata la Victoria and Chief had been watching TV on the sofa when suddenly Chief jumped up and alerted her to the presence of a cobra less than 10 feet away. Maria Victoria rushed in and pulled her grandmother into a separate room, hoping the snake would leave.

But when Maria Victoria later emerged from the room, she was terrified to find the cobra poised about two feet away. Equally startled, the cobra expanded its hood and appeared to be spitting venom as it prepared to strike.

"The snake was in front of us, maneuvering a deadly attack," says Maria Victoria. "I screamed out loud to ask for help." 1

That's when from "out of nowhere", Chief dashed between the cobra and the two women, using himself as a shield against the cobra's attacks. Chief then seized the cobra by the neck and slammed it into the floor, killing it.

But for Chief it was a Pyrrhic victory. In the struggle, he sustained a fatal bite to the jaw, and moments later he began gasping for breath and collapsed.

The family sought the help of a veterinarian, but they were told that nothing could be done. According to the vet, the bite was too close to Chief's brain, and the venom had already spread. Maria Victoria called her husband Marlone who, stunned by the news, rushed home immediately.

Ian de la Rama, a friend of the family, says it was less than 30 minutes from the time Chief had been bitten that he "went wobbly and lost control of his organs," 2 urinating and defecating uncontrollably. Yet he still kept clinging to life.

It wasn't until Marlone arrived that Chief finally let go.

Ian de la Rama describes, "Chief gave his two deep breaths and died. He was fighting and saving his last ounces of breath to see a glimpse of his master for the last two seconds of his life." 1

Ian adds that the last thing Chief did as he gazed up at Marlone was wag his tail.

rip Chief a dog that did what half of NT wouldnt have the balls to do and thats a fact come on now a Cobra most of you kids would be gone.

No good reason to own a pit? come on now dog took out a damn Cobra for its family i respect that any day.

Originally Posted by Cash is Clay

Yeah dumb owners trying to buy an image, cowards trying to make money, and the media, what else? there dog agressive if not properly trained and socialized,

No good reason to own a pit??? less agressive breeds? im agressive my damn self why would i want my dog to be any diffrent? people get dogs for the lifestlye they fit and these dogs stand security for so many damn familys when the man of the house cant be there whos there ? most loyal creature on earth im post this article for yall change your thoughts real quick.

laugh.gif
  that was a pain to read.  from what i gathered from your response, you're probably not the best representative for the pro-pit bull team. 

for the article:  touching, but there's a ton of articles with similar stories, just different breeds.  i never disputed a dog's loyalty.  what makes you think a german shepherd is incapable of doing what that pit did? 

Originally Posted by DMoney82

It's not the pit bulls owner's fault tho. No matter what, you should always have your dog on a leash. I have a black yorkie poo, if we're in public then he's on his leash. People need to stop being so reckless.

U right. I felt so bad for her cuz she was screaming like she was getting killed and sat there and watched something she loved so much get slaughtered. When the cops and animal control came she begged for them to take her pit bulls away, there was nothing they could do because her dogs were on a leash and hers weren't. That lady couldn't hold back them two Pits once the lil dog ran up on em. It was over, they were dragging her at one point. They ripped that dog to shreds at the end. We also got a notice from the property that you have to register vicious animals like pits and apparently ol girl didn't do that so now she has to remove them from the property.
30t6p3b.gif
Ripped to shreds though? Damn! 

I feel bad for the girl losing her dog...but it should of been on a leach. Not saying all, but from my experience small dog owners are some of the most irresponsible animal owners. This reminds me of this past summer playing ball at the park. Heading to the car some lady had 3 dogs with her a young roti, ,pomeranian and yorkie. All 3 ran at me and my boy, only the Roti stopped when she called for them. Cussed the lady out and told her if her dogs run up on me like that again not leached I'm going to have to punt them. It's a simple fact, and law in most places if you are in a public place other then a dog park/leach free area all dogs have to be on a leach. 

ive owned shepards they could do that but theres no way in hell any shepard is as game fearless courageous and loyal as a pitbull what they do have that pits dont have is reasoning they are more cautious to act without a command but the pit will act on its own thoughts and improvise i think thats why k-9s are only shepards but your saying there 0 reason to own this breed untrue people breed champions show dogs and as a companion these dogs are unmatchable and the diffrence in that situation a shepard IS NOT GAME a pit is game a pit will die to get the job done it is GAME.

As for your smart comment and anybody else no disrespect but dont worry about how i type this is no damn book and you are no damn teacher so im not looking to be accepted by any lames on here ive got a life outside thousands and thousand of post count my life is building blocks not building post count ,am not worried about being accepted on here but i will speak my mind.

Ive seen a 4 month old pitbull run in the street get ran over caught in the tires squealing for its life it made unimaginable sounds in pain and boom somehow the pup just got up and walked it off i was in aw shocked how can it still be alive better yet walk like nothing happened after being ran over at 4 months old the dog was solid white but it was all black after getting ran over and stuck in the tire after seeing that it was done deal no other breed will have my respect like that
pimp.gif

The lady with the poodle should have definitely put her dog on a leash, but to say the lady with the pits was not at fault bc it got provoked by the dog is straight up stupidity. Last I checked, people don't put leashes on their children so what if a young kid was walking with their parents and playfully slapped one of the pits and they both went off and attacked the child? Dogs very rarely randomly snap, so the lady walking them had to have seen aggressive behavior from the pits in the past, whether it was indoors or out in public around other dogs. This could have been much worse (RIP to the poodle tho) so allowing the owner of the Pits to get off w.o any punishment even though she was responsible for her dogs would be unfair

As for your smart comment and anybody else no disrespect but dont worry about how i type this is no damn book and you are no damn teacher so im not looking to be accepted by any lames on here ive got a life outside thousands and thousand of post count my life is building blocks not building post count ,am not worried about being accepted on here but i will speak my mind.
You are free to speak your mind just as we are free to let you know how miserable it is to decipher your thoughts when you don't use any punctuation for an entire damn paragraph. 
laugh.gif
 Just because you're not in school and we're not teachers doesn't mean you can just not bother to break your thoughts up into sentences and expect everyone to have no issue reading it. 
I agree with you that there is some validity in owning a pit or similar breeds for security reasons depending on your living situation, but I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people out there who don't train them properly/need them for that. If you actually take the time to train it properly and take all the necessary precautions then there's nothing wrong with it. But there's way too many people that get pits because of the aggressive/macho/alpha image they portray, word to this guy:

A lot of you non alpha males are showing your true colors. No wonder so many of you get jacked picking shoes up. 
laugh.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BARANGAY LAPASAN (Philippines)
Mar 1, 2007

The children in the Fronteras household refer to their dog as "kuya" ("big brother"), and he certainly proved it on the day he sacrificed his life to protect the family.

On Monday, Feb. 12 at around 2 p.m., "Chief", an American Pit Bull Terrier, rescued Liberata la Victoria, 87, and her granddaughter Maria Victoria Fronteras from a deadly cobra which had entered their house through an opening in the kitchen.

Liberata la Victoria and Chief had been watching TV on the sofa when suddenly Chief jumped up and alerted her to the presence of a cobra less than 10 feet away. Maria Victoria rushed in and pulled her grandmother into a separate room, hoping the snake would leave.

But when Maria Victoria later emerged from the room, she was terrified to find the cobra poised about two feet away. Equally startled, the cobra expanded its hood and appeared to be spitting venom as it prepared to strike.

"The snake was in front of us, maneuvering a deadly attack," says Maria Victoria. "I screamed out loud to ask for help." 1

That's when from "out of nowhere", Chief dashed between the cobra and the two women, using himself as a shield against the cobra's attacks. Chief then seized the cobra by the neck and slammed it into the floor, killing it.

But for Chief it was a Pyrrhic victory. In the struggle, he sustained a fatal bite to the jaw, and moments later he began gasping for breath and collapsed.

The family sought the help of a veterinarian, but they were told that nothing could be done. According to the vet, the bite was too close to Chief's brain, and the venom had already spread. Maria Victoria called her husband Marlone who, stunned by the news, rushed home immediately.

Ian de la Rama, a friend of the family, says it was less than 30 minutes from the time Chief had been bitten that he "went wobbly and lost control of his organs," 2 urinating and defecating uncontrollably. Yet he still kept clinging to life.

It wasn't until Marlone arrived that Chief finally let go.

Ian de la Rama describes, "Chief gave his two deep breaths and died. He was fighting and saving his last ounces of breath to see a glimpse of his master for the last two seconds of his life." 1

Ian adds that the last thing Chief did as he gazed up at Marlone was wag his tail.

rip Chief a dog that did what half of NT wouldnt have the balls to do and thats a fact come on now a Cobra most of you kids would be gone.

No good reason to own a pit? come on now dog took out a damn Cobra for its family i respect that any day.
Story is crazy man. Realistically I dont believe that woman OWNED those pitbulls I believe they belonged to her boyfriend or whatever and she was out taking them for a walk so when they attacked she had no control because they wasn't obedient to her.

eek.gif
 WHAT THAAAAA !%@*?! Cobras just slithering into homes now?!

I'm done. 

^ Shut up. A kid is going to walk up and slap a pit???? GTFOHWTBS
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
I knew a kid in HS that walked up to somebody's pit and was playing with it and it bit his entire face..He has a huge scar running down the side of his face from when they had to sew the chunk of his cheek back to his face..I've seen a lot of kids that are rough with animals because they picture them as play things and not living beings..So
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom