I see Lebron in athleticism decline

I kinda see what you guys are saying by this video right here...  But I blame it on the cold he came down with.. LeBron is still as athletic as ever... Definitely even more....Stop with all the conspiracy theories...

I kinda see what you guys are saying by this video right here...  But I blame it on the cold he came down with.. LeBron is still as athletic as ever... Definitely even more....Stop with all the conspiracy theories...

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

laugh.gif
cuz he can't drive anymore.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

laugh.gif
cuz he can't drive anymore.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by tyisny

I was thinking about this the other day but not as of right now.... Im talking in the next 3-4 years, just how dominant can lebron stay if you think about every other superstar and the age that they start to fall off athletically.

Just like Kobe Lebron has been playing straight outta highschool except that hes carrying much more around and those days in cleveland are def gonna catch up to him in the future. I feel that Lebron is really gonna have to change his game ALOT once he gets around 29-30 to still be considered elite, especially considering that with the heat they are expected to make long playoff runs every year and him and D-Wade are going to have to be the guys who carry this squad for a minute
+1. to do that, he needs to continue to improve that midrange game so he can be even better. he's showing what a midrange game can do in the past 4-5 playoff games as he's WINNING games off of them, not just drives. and it makes his game so much easier.
secondly, a post game. and i'm sure the post game will be a big element of his offense next year. he tried to toy a lot down there but he's still nto fully comfortable, but he's learning. if he can do to his post game what he has done with his midrange, he'll continue to be the best player in the L for the next 5-6 years

but what people forget is that b/c he's still so big and strong, despite his athleticism drop off, he's still better than 98% of the L. there still is no specimen like him.
Exactly plus he needs to find easier/savvier ways to score. ie mj. Mj got to a point where it was pretty much effortless to score, thus he didnt have to exert as much energy. Bron imo is actually in a better position then kobe, due to kobe had to be the main facilitator of the offense, with lbj he and wade can share the load. this will become into fruition soon once they can get a better bench etc... esp next year with more cap space and the new mle. If this happens him and wade will be at a point where they will only have to press the green button when needed.

Where is this bench going to come from? They already don't have cap space as it is because of the Big Three. And with a new CBA coming and the MLE almost certainly going to be eliminated, that makes it a lot tougher to sign players to form a solid bench. Not every player is going to want to accept the LLE.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by tyisny

I was thinking about this the other day but not as of right now.... Im talking in the next 3-4 years, just how dominant can lebron stay if you think about every other superstar and the age that they start to fall off athletically.

Just like Kobe Lebron has been playing straight outta highschool except that hes carrying much more around and those days in cleveland are def gonna catch up to him in the future. I feel that Lebron is really gonna have to change his game ALOT once he gets around 29-30 to still be considered elite, especially considering that with the heat they are expected to make long playoff runs every year and him and D-Wade are going to have to be the guys who carry this squad for a minute
+1. to do that, he needs to continue to improve that midrange game so he can be even better. he's showing what a midrange game can do in the past 4-5 playoff games as he's WINNING games off of them, not just drives. and it makes his game so much easier.
secondly, a post game. and i'm sure the post game will be a big element of his offense next year. he tried to toy a lot down there but he's still nto fully comfortable, but he's learning. if he can do to his post game what he has done with his midrange, he'll continue to be the best player in the L for the next 5-6 years

but what people forget is that b/c he's still so big and strong, despite his athleticism drop off, he's still better than 98% of the L. there still is no specimen like him.
Exactly plus he needs to find easier/savvier ways to score. ie mj. Mj got to a point where it was pretty much effortless to score, thus he didnt have to exert as much energy. Bron imo is actually in a better position then kobe, due to kobe had to be the main facilitator of the offense, with lbj he and wade can share the load. this will become into fruition soon once they can get a better bench etc... esp next year with more cap space and the new mle. If this happens him and wade will be at a point where they will only have to press the green button when needed.

Where is this bench going to come from? They already don't have cap space as it is because of the Big Three. And with a new CBA coming and the MLE almost certainly going to be eliminated, that makes it a lot tougher to sign players to form a solid bench. Not every player is going to want to accept the LLE.

Well it's not about his first step it's his second step. I never thought of LeBron as the guy constantly beating ppl off dribble with speed unless he has a running start from halfcourt.

Well it's not about his first step it's his second step. I never thought of LeBron as the guy constantly beating ppl off dribble with speed unless he has a running start from halfcourt.

Now find the dunk he did in that game coming down the lane, and find the one from earlier this year when he lifted off from the bottom of the circle vs. the Bulls.

This loss of athleticism is being grossly overstated.

Now find the dunk he did in that game coming down the lane, and find the one from earlier this year when he lifted off from the bottom of the circle vs. the Bulls.

This loss of athleticism is being grossly overstated.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by LDJ

True but alot of the players ie big z and a few others will be off the books, and I believe esp if the win the chip this yr, you will get players ala like gary payton did joining the lakers who will play for the mle at a shot for a chip rather then make a little more and play for a team without a legit shot.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by LDJ

True but alot of the players ie big z and a few others will be off the books, and I believe esp if the win the chip this yr, you will get players ala like gary payton did joining the lakers who will play for the mle at a shot for a chip rather then make a little more and play for a team without a legit shot.

Kobes mid range and post up game are much better than Lebrons. Not comparing stats , just footwork, skill set, etc. I would be much more comfortable throwing the ball on the block to Kobe or in the mid range with the game on the line than Lebron. But I will give Lebron credit, this season I respect his game more. Shot looks to be better and definatly is doing more than just shooting 3's and putting his head down and driving.

Kobes mid range and post up game are much better than Lebrons. Not comparing stats , just footwork, skill set, etc. I would be much more comfortable throwing the ball on the block to Kobe or in the mid range with the game on the line than Lebron. But I will give Lebron credit, this season I respect his game more. Shot looks to be better and definatly is doing more than just shooting 3's and putting his head down and driving.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it
Nope, they have. In my 2K Spreadsheet, his shot ratings came out fair decent for someone that "can't shoot."

And I just recently lowered his dunk rating in my game as well and vertical. So OP, you aren't alone.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki. (Dirk shot 53 percent -- he's a freak.)
And Dirk came out to a 99 Mid Range rating through my system. Only person in the game. On point.
Humor me. When you get a sec, make that into a separate thread and PM. I'd love to see what you've come up with.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it
Nope, they have. In my 2K Spreadsheet, his shot ratings came out fair decent for someone that "can't shoot."

And I just recently lowered his dunk rating in my game as well and vertical. So OP, you aren't alone.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki. (Dirk shot 53 percent -- he's a freak.)
And Dirk came out to a 99 Mid Range rating through my system. Only person in the game. On point.
Humor me. When you get a sec, make that into a separate thread and PM. I'd love to see what you've come up with.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

This is something a lot of NTers don't understand.  More power to you though. 

Back
Top Bottom