I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

F*** You OP, Cheap Bastard
laugh.gif

Na thats grimey dude, Im a server and we dont make anything hourly so we live off of tips. Now putting Grat. on a party of two is OD, but you should take into consideration
the things that are going on in the environment and then make a judgement to tip or not.

You say you guys live off of tips, so basically you work on commission. when you work on commission, you have to put in work. i just get tired of tipping becoming a HAVE TO type of thing. if a server is good and gets my order right, brings refills in a timely manner, and has a good attitude, i have no problem dropping a tip, and a good one at that, but this tipping thing becoming a standard is just obsurd.

for example, the pizza guy gave me a piece of his mind for not tipping him. but he didn't do anything. papa  johns is 5 mins from my house. this guy drove 5 mins and walked a pizza 20 feet to my door. that doesn't deserve a tip. i already had to pay the $2.50 delivery charge, so i've already paid for him to walk my pizza to the door. his argument was that he makes minimum wage to deliver pizzas, but that's not my fault. maybe he should've had more ambition in life and he wouldn't be a 40 year old pizza guy. that's not my problem.

now in an eatery, that's different. you deal with multiple tables and have to be on your game. like i said before fill my drink and get my order right and there won't be a tip problem out of me.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Thank you for the answer. OP's TITLE SAYS "I WILL NEVER TIP AT A RESTAURANT EVER AGAIN" so i think he is getting at the fact that he is no longer tipping anymore ever out of principle
maybe it's because he's brave enough to not support a system he seems faulty. 
ohwell.gif

the way he got there was by thinking about it, which most people don't.

I feel the same way he does, but honestly I'm just too insecure to do it.

I don't think "not tipping" is going to change the system tomorrow, and I dont want to take the "society L" and look like a jerk, or even worse, broke by my female companions, 

but at least I'm honest about it 
laugh.gif
so u dont tip your barber? you dont tip a fine hispanic waitress gettin your mofongo?
30t6p3b.gif

cats in here, if u not gonna tip definitely dont go to no swank restaurant...you gonna feel embarrassed by that frugalness 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Thank you for the answer. OP's TITLE SAYS "I WILL NEVER TIP AT A RESTAURANT EVER AGAIN" so i think he is getting at the fact that he is no longer tipping anymore ever out of principle
maybe it's because he's brave enough to not support a system he seems faulty. 
ohwell.gif

the way he got there was by thinking about it, which most people don't.

I feel the same way he does, but honestly I'm just too insecure to do it.

I don't think "not tipping" is going to change the system tomorrow, and I dont want to take the "society L" and look like a jerk, or even worse, broke by my female companions, 

but at least I'm honest about it 
laugh.gif
so u dont tip your barber? you dont tip a fine hispanic waitress gettin your mofongo?
30t6p3b.gif

cats in here, if u not gonna tip definitely dont go to no swank restaurant...you gonna feel embarrassed by that frugalness 

I don't understand how this has been manipulated into some sort of race issue. Black people are not the only ones that are taxed. There is no conspiracy amongst all national-chain restaurant owners to only tax black people. I mean, C'MON MAN! If you don't like tipping then stay at home and cook.

I don't understand how this has been manipulated into some sort of race issue. Black people are not the only ones that are taxed. There is no conspiracy amongst all national-chain restaurant owners to only tax black people. I mean, C'MON MAN! If you don't like tipping then stay at home and cook.

What I don't like is how it's established as a set %. Like bringing my $15 plate as oppose to my $30 plate should yield you more money? Why can't I just give you 3-4 as a tip, not including for larger party's of course.

What I don't like is how it's established as a set %. Like bringing my $15 plate as oppose to my $30 plate should yield you more money? Why can't I just give you 3-4 as a tip, not including for larger party's of course.

last thing imma say,

and its the third time ive said it

how are yall questioning him mentioning the percieved prejudice due to his skin color

and the COMMON, INDUSTRY-WIDE STEREOTYPE is that black people dont tip?

just answer that one question for me....

(i mean, nobody is telling me anything new, ive dated, kicked it with and am friends with plenty of servers. yall make it seem like these people dont walk away with AT LEAST 70 bucks, on slow days, a shift...IN CASH...my ex NEVER reported the right tips....yall make it seem like they working in a sweat shop all day....they kick it, clown, chill, and serve you in between that.)

i lied, imma also say something else, again, repeating myself

the only dudes in this thread concerned with other people are the dudes boasting about leaving tips...

LOL

theres people who tip and don't tip in the thread, and NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM is concerned with the next man's pockets...

that's just madd funny to me.

the "big tippers" are the only ones concerned with dudes not tipping

well, besides the servers.

LOL @ dude defending servers when i said "they could find a diff job" but, IN THE SAME SENTENCE, say the EXACT SAME THING about people who work fast food and work twice as long for half the money...."they shouldnt work fast food"

yall dudes are ridiculous

niketalk has gotten silly over the years.....

you post 15 lines of text which outline your overall argument

and dudes nitpick half of line 5, because you used an arbitrary statistic just for the sake of the argument....or nitpick an example you pulled from SOMEONE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT...

as if that's disproving or countering the overall argument....

then, dudes who also don't like you, bandwagon fans, quote it with emoticons and talk about you taking Ls.

these dudes HAVE TO BE YOUNG AND NEW HERE....have to be.

it's ridiculous these days.

last thing imma say,

and its the third time ive said it

how are yall questioning him mentioning the percieved prejudice due to his skin color

and the COMMON, INDUSTRY-WIDE STEREOTYPE is that black people dont tip?

just answer that one question for me....

(i mean, nobody is telling me anything new, ive dated, kicked it with and am friends with plenty of servers. yall make it seem like these people dont walk away with AT LEAST 70 bucks, on slow days, a shift...IN CASH...my ex NEVER reported the right tips....yall make it seem like they working in a sweat shop all day....they kick it, clown, chill, and serve you in between that.)

i lied, imma also say something else, again, repeating myself

the only dudes in this thread concerned with other people are the dudes boasting about leaving tips...

LOL

theres people who tip and don't tip in the thread, and NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM is concerned with the next man's pockets...

that's just madd funny to me.

the "big tippers" are the only ones concerned with dudes not tipping

well, besides the servers.

LOL @ dude defending servers when i said "they could find a diff job" but, IN THE SAME SENTENCE, say the EXACT SAME THING about people who work fast food and work twice as long for half the money...."they shouldnt work fast food"

yall dudes are ridiculous

niketalk has gotten silly over the years.....

you post 15 lines of text which outline your overall argument

and dudes nitpick half of line 5, because you used an arbitrary statistic just for the sake of the argument....or nitpick an example you pulled from SOMEONE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT...

as if that's disproving or countering the overall argument....

then, dudes who also don't like you, bandwagon fans, quote it with emoticons and talk about you taking Ls.

these dudes HAVE TO BE YOUNG AND NEW HERE....have to be.

it's ridiculous these days.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

laugh.gif
  You make a good point about earning your tips, but honestly do you think most servers love or even enjoy their job?  Safe to say no.
Therefore, they know they can slack off and give you awful service and still get a tip.  Regardless, tips are expected in American society and culture, it's just a matter of what you would like to tip for their service, either 15% for poor or 20-25% for excellent service.  
And that is what OP is saying. People expect to get tipped. They feel entitled, even though they might not have earned it. Why is someone viewed as a bad person if their service was piss-poor and they didn't tip? I don't understand that approach at all. I thought it was supposed to be something EARNED.

As OP said, people tip a lot of times just so they won't be "that person."

I feel many people forget this.  I understand that some waiters/waitresses can have bad days or be too busy that they may not get to you immediately, but at least be polite and act like your parents raised you right.  I'll be damned if someone isn't going to refill my drinks or leave me waiting to order, and expect me to leave even a 15% tip.  I have never worked as a waiter or busboy, but my friend has and he's a way more harsh tipper than I am.  People need to learn to deal with their emotions at the correct time and place, don't bring that *+%+ to me when I'm trying to sit down and have a nice meal with family/friends.  At the end of the day, if the service was alright then I'll consider leaving a 10-15% tip, but if it was bad then I'll leave $1 or $2 and keep it moving...

10-15% is trash. You are the prime example of people going back into the kitchen and being like damnit, black people are at it again. STAY THE %*++ AT HOME. Eat your cheap %@@ food and stay out of restaurants.

You are the reason this stereotype exists.

I know people in college that wear pins to work that say 10% don't pay the rent.

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

laugh.gif
  You make a good point about earning your tips, but honestly do you think most servers love or even enjoy their job?  Safe to say no.
Therefore, they know they can slack off and give you awful service and still get a tip.  Regardless, tips are expected in American society and culture, it's just a matter of what you would like to tip for their service, either 15% for poor or 20-25% for excellent service.  
And that is what OP is saying. People expect to get tipped. They feel entitled, even though they might not have earned it. Why is someone viewed as a bad person if their service was piss-poor and they didn't tip? I don't understand that approach at all. I thought it was supposed to be something EARNED.

I feel many people forget this.  I understand that some waiters/waitresses can have bad days or be too busy that they may not get to you immediately, but at least be polite and act like your parents raised you right.  I'll be damned if someone isn't going to refill my drinks or leave me waiting to order, and expect me to leave even a 15% tip.  I have never worked as a waiter or busboy, but my friend has and he's a way more harsh tipper than I am.  People need to learn to deal with their emotions at the correct time and place, don't bring that *+%+ to me when I'm trying to sit down and have a nice meal with family/friends.  At the end of the day, if the service was alright then I'll consider leaving a 10-15% tip, but if it was bad then I'll leave $1 or $2 and keep it moving...

10-15% is trash. You are the prime example of people going back into the kitchen and being like damnit, black people are at it again. STAY THE %*++ AT HOME. Eat your cheap %@@ food and stay out of restaurants.

I know people in college that wear pins to work that say 10% don't pay the rent.

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

they should wear one saying working for less than half of minimum wage doesnt pay the rent...

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

they should wear one saying working for less than half of minimum wage doesnt pay the rent...

You're a broke **# "rapper." If you don't want to tip, do not eat out. Its part of our culture. In some countries, tipping isn't necessary, and in others, it is automatically added. You know the rules before you go to a restaurant. Stop wasting your money on studio time (believe me, you are wasting it) and learn how to tip!

edit:  Stop enforcing the stereotype..makin us look like cheapskates.  You are the reason I overcompensate.

You're a broke **# "rapper." If you don't want to tip, do not eat out. Its part of our culture. In some countries, tipping isn't necessary, and in others, it is automatically added. You know the rules before you go to a restaurant. Stop wasting your money on studio time (believe me, you are wasting it) and learn how to tip!

edit:  Stop enforcing the stereotype..makin us look like cheapskates.  You are the reason I overcompensate.

Back
Top Bottom