If i ask MJ to sign my 1s, do you think hed do it?

So you all mean to tell me that you wouldn't get tired of for the last 30+ years if your life, every day, everywhere you go people asking you to sign stuff? People only interested in taking pictures and getting you to sign stuff. After about 10 years of that if become an *** hole too.

I bet it was even worse for Michael Jackson. People would kill the man standing next to them just for an autograph. I would only do it if I was in front of cameras so I wouldn't be scrutinized for ignoring muh *******

Last edited:
Another factor that why he doesn't want to sign things is that some people only see $$ if you know what I mean.

i think people have to realize for someone that has been in the spot light for so long (speaking of MJ) even when there was no mess media (internet, twitter, instagram, etc etc) he was crowded everywhere he went. He basically could not go anywhere to enjoy his day off other than some private golf course. I think it's understandable that MJ would say no to most random adults that comes up to him for autograph because all everyone see is $$$. Stars today are different because of all the media available, everyone has something to say on twitter or post on their instagram, so when they actually already willingly let their fans knows what they are already doing they are going to be more friendly to the fans. that's just imo.

If i ever meet MJ for some miraclus reason I would just ask for a picture together. 

One thing we have to keep in mind is, and if you've read books on MJ you'd know this, that he has this mentality everyone is out to use him to make money - Chicago Bulls, NBA, Nike, his family, friends etc. To a large extent this is true, and even if it wasn't, you could hardly blame the guy for feeling like that, so if he refused to sign something, I'd understand.

However, I think you can refuse an autograph with courtesy and don't need to be an *** about it. Also, if I was a famous celeb and I didn't want people making money off my signed stuff, I'd just take a photo with the fans, so I don't see the harm in MJ doing that (apart from feeling like an object and being bothered 24/7).

NICE EXPERIENCE.  Mj don't sign much unless at A charity event or special invite to any event affiliated with his brand NIKE/JB so on so on with all the others.
I'm pretty sure he's under A signing contract with Upper Deck so any signings with certain circumstances & restrictions I'm sure would apply. 
That's the difference between the G.O.A.T and this era of the "So called KING" LeFlop James. The GOAT lives for ever, A king ain't A king for ever.

This is true.

He will not sign your shoes. He likely won't even acknowledge your presence.

I respect Michael Jordan. Now that he is retired (and not killing my beloved Knicks), I am also a fan of Michael Jordan...But all from a distance. I would never want to meet him.

Just wouldn't mind my boys being able to meet him....Maybe shoot a jump shot or two hear him speak etc. My days of being celebrity shocked have came & gone. Growing up all the posters on my wall was him majority of the sneakers i select was and still are jumpman logo. Just always appreciated what he brought to my favorite sport.

he might sign your gear if you have a disability or something he can exploit to make him look good. either that or breasts the size of watermelons. ... but that is also kind of a disability, i guess

There's so many more people that are better idols than Jordan. I don't really care for the guy off the court. He could've been a voice to a generation that fed out the palm of his hand, but instead he took the get rich and become a corporate puppet in a way. Everyone bad mouths LeBron, but dude has been a better role model than MJ. Not a better player, but def a better role model.

There's so many more people that are better idols than Jordan. I don't really care for the guy off the court. He could've been a voice to a generation that fed out the palm of his hand, but instead he took the get rich and become a corporate puppet in a way. Everyone bad mouths LeBron, but dude has been a better role model than MJ. Not a better player, but def a better role model.

Last edited:
Dead On Fam +1

he might sign your gear if you have a disability or something he can exploit to make him look good. either that or breasts the size of watermelons. ... but that is also kind of a disability, i guess
You're right about stars being able to have something to exploit to benefit their public image. It depends on the individual honestly.

More than 50% of stars are authentically cool without cameras present that would benefit the public's perception of them. Those are the real stars to me because they are cool like that in person not being recorded on film.

And there are some who come off as sincere, caring, or actively involved in humanitarian work that is documented in articles or shown on TV, but in real life without cameras around, they're *** holes because they aren't truly sincere, just love public admiration of them, but don't care to reciprocate since they don't receive the benefit of being recorded to boost their supposed positive image.

You're right about stars being able to have something to exploit to benefit their public image. It depends on the individual honestly.

More than 50% of stars are authentically cool without cameras present that would benefit the public's perception of them. Those are the real stars to me because they are cool like that in person not being recorded on film.

And there are some who come off as sincere, caring, or actively involved in humanitarian work that is documented in articles or shown on TV, but in real life without cameras around, they're ***** holes because they aren't truly sincere, just love public admiration of them, but don't care to reciprocate since they don't receive the benefit of being recorded to boost their supposed positive image.

agreed.

i just wonder if MJ was always a nasty person or if he became that ways after decades of people trying to exploit him for their own profit.

i think that MJ "retired" to play baseball because his gambling problems were so bad and also if they didnt force MJ to walk away from basketball for atleast 1 year they would have had a 7 peat on their hands and we all know that is a plain and simple fact, someone must have threatened him with his life or something to not get the allusive 4 in a row title but its all speculation and only the GOAT himself really knows

Die hard Jordan fan here. That said with everything money was going through at that time, he wouldn't have beat Olajuwon and Vernon Maxwell those years. I'll forever stand firm on that. They/y'all always try to shade us lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom