If Somebody Loves You....Won't they Always Love you...

Listening to a song and this got me to thinking---is this true? If someone truly loves you, will they always love you? I'm so conceited that I hopeeveryone who ever loved me still does....even if I don't return the favor. I think back on people who I've told I love them and I don't feel thatway about them anymore. I already know at least two times I said it and I shouldn't have, that's my bad
tired.gif
. I was on that cool @#$@ "I only love people who love me back,"
grin.gif
and once somebody said it---I felt obligated to say it back, just, iffor no other reason, to be cordial.

If you don't love people who you once did--did you ever really love them? At this juncture, there have been two occasions where I felt really compelled tosay it first, regardless of how they felt about me. And those are the two that I still "love." Those are the two that when they get married, unlessit's to me, it will be kinda tough (word to Sally) I think even if I'm married, it would still sting. One time I came really close, but I didn't. Wrote it down, but couldn't muster up the courage to go through with it. Prolly wouldn'thave changed anything anyway....but I digress.

Now it's 2:40 and I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself. But the real question I pose to you NT is this:

Where do broken hearts go?
frown.gif

Damn you @bifflawson for getting me all sad
laugh.gif

thats interesting, I think I will always love my ex aka first love... its not going anywhere, even if its concealed within me

Originally Posted by nightruans

thats interesting, I think I will always love my ex aka first love... its not going anywhere, even if its concealed within me
thats how i feel...

me and my ex both already knew that when we broke up... i still love that chick wit all my heart...

sucks we havent talked in so long... our anniversary would be Monday

frown.gif
DAMN YOU FOR MAKIN THIS THREAD!

U can't stop lovin somebody, if u can, u never loved them in the first place. Now the degree of the love can change but not the presence

but are we good for anybody else then if it's still "there"? I can say for the first guy it has subsided substantially, and thinking about it IKNOW there was a time where I didn't think I'd even be able to fathom marrying someone else.

But I did fathom.....and, well.

Now I'm to the point where I don't even know what's the point. Lightning ain't gon' keep striking....is it?? I ain't tryna live me lifeon some "what if" and if an opportunity presents itself I'm lying to my husband and kids making up *!!@ about out of state conferences.....

#nahimgood

if i had love for anyone in my life, ever, i always will. theres no going back. if you dont have love for them then you are in denial or you never truly lovedthem.

even after people have done me wrong, i still love them if i once had love for them, whether it be friends, beaus, what have you

Ehhhh...Things change guys, big time. You will always feel something toward anyone you have been involved with, but as time progresses and you grow up, youdont have the same feelings for people as you once did.

They'll move and get married and it may affect you a bit, but you will keep doing your thing and find the one you want to settle down with as well. Thatslife.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

but are we good for anybody else then if it's still "there"? I can say for the first guy it has subsided substantially, and thinking about it I KNOW there was a time where I didn't think I'd even be able to fathom marrying someone else.

Now I'm to the point where I don't even know what's the point. Lightning ain't gon' keep striking....is it?? I ain't tryna live me life on some "what if" and if an opportunity presents itself I'm lying to my husband and kids making up *!!@ about out of state conferences.....

#nahimgood
There is a distinction made between being in love, and loving another person. When you are able to make that distinction you will know if the nextman is the one for you.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Ehhhh...Things change guys, big time. You will always feel something toward anyone you have been involved with, but as time progresses and you grow up, you dont have the same feelings for people as you once did.

They'll move and get married and it may affect you a bit, but you will keep doing your thing and find the one you want to settle down with as well. Thats life.
THIS

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

but are we good for anybody else then if it's still "there"? I can say for the first guy it has subsided substantially, and thinking about it I KNOW there was a time where I didn't think I'd even be able to fathom marrying someone else.

Now I'm to the point where I don't even know what's the point. Lightning ain't gon' keep striking....is it?? I ain't tryna live me life on some "what if" and if an opportunity presents itself I'm lying to my husband and kids making up *!!@ about out of state conferences.....

#nahimgood
There is a distinction made between being in love, and loving another person. When you are able to make that distinction you will know if the next man is the one for you.
I think this will get the party started....

pray, do tell. and I am GENUINELY interested in what you have to say (which don't come often on this site
laugh.gif
) But I think I feel you...but I don't wanna mess it up so I'll let youexplain yourself.

I don't believe it ever will. If it does, it's safe to say that you didn't really love the person in the first place.

Do we ever stop loving our parents? I mean, we may hate them sometimes...

I've only loved and been in love with one person before, and no, I believe that if you both are still 'in love' with each other, you aren'tgood for anyone else.

I haven't fallen "In love" yet.
embarassed.gif

But i have someone that is in love with me. She said I am the "Love Of Her Life".

smh.gif
I 've disrespected her so badly, and she still let's me inside her guts.

She sprung.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

U can't stop lovin somebody, if u can, u never loved them in the first place. Now the degree of the love can change but not the presence

Ellaborate on second sentence what are those degrees?

If you don't love people who you once did--did you ever really love them?
yes and no. Depends on the situation and how you feel inside. Sometimes feelings and situations change that you think to yourself you didnt reallylove them.

Ehhhh...Things change guys, big time. You will always feel something toward anyone you have been involved with, but as time progresses and you grow up, you dont have the same feelings for people as you once did.

They'll move and get married and it may affect you a bit, but you will keep doing your thing and find the one you want to settle down with as well. Thats life.

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Ellaborate on second sentence what are those degrees?
The status of u and the other person's relationship. You love your mother differently than u would ur significant other. U love your childdifferntly than u would ur mother, etc. There's no way to love two ppl the same way.

With that being said, if u are w/ someone and yall break up, the love may be there but it will dwindle in the sense of love when yall would be inseparable orwhen yall would
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

True story right here.

One thing I have really started to understand is that once you get to know a partner, personally, physical, and in their philosophy toward the relationship youdevelop a bond. The longer the bond the more likely you will use the word "love" to define how you feel.

Being in love is what compromises you are willing to make for your partner. Loving another person whom you know you won't marry is accepting that youcan't as partners make the compromises necessary to make the relationship work.

If you have a deep bond, you two are equal, and you can't make the day to day stuff work then the compromises have to be laid out.

Listening to a song and this got me to thinking---is this true? If someone truly loves you, will they always love you? I'm so conceited that I hope everyone who ever loved me still does....even if I don't return the favor. I think back on people who I've told I love them and I don't feel that way about them anymore. I already know at least two times I said it and I shouldn't have, that's my bad
tired.gif
. I was on that cool @#$@ "I only love people who love me back,"
grin.gif
and once somebody said it---I felt obligated to say it back, just, if for no other reason, to be cordial.
grin.gif
I feel the same way

%%%$ the first girl I loved. I didn't love her enough anyways.. sure I learned a lot from it, but %%%$ that @$!*# and that's all there is too it now.
%%%$ first loves, it's a reason they're first, you make all the mistakes with that one so you can move on and do better with the next.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

I don't know, I've never experienced true love to begin with
ohwell.gif
I dont know if what I experienced was love but I never felt that way about any girl ever
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

love is unconditional. anything conditional isn't love, they're temporary feelings or lust.

Back
Top Bottom