If this doesn't inspire you then please check your pulse, you may be dead.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

5:55 and  6:40 was  very true.
But ironic that he works  at Sunday Night football

It is, but there is clearly more to him than just football. 
He's right about the need for the people to get up and do something. We have all the tools to do it now, yet we continue to allow programs that benefit us to be cut, and we allow our government to look out for themselves and those who got them elected. It's mind boggling.

Good video. The only problem is that we live in a police state that discourages protests through violence and fear, thus allowing the government and elite to cut the programs that we need. The government's done a good job putting down the masses over the past 30 years, and appeasing the masses with, as Olbermann stated, video games, entertainment, social media and trivia. Good luck trying to change things without a seat in power. Hell, good luck trying to get the masses to watch that video.
Average person writes:

10 minutes? tl;dw, cliffs?

I wish I could say that a new generation of politicians would bring a new generation of thinking and morality, but I cant. The same things will continue to happen until either we, the people, can change things with numbers, or the elite suddenly have a change of heart and start looking out for the betterment of all, not just themselves.

I'm really not well versed in politics or with what's going on with the government but the speech gave me chills. Going to see if I can inform myself on what's going on with this debt deal on the internet.

I no understands 
frown.gif

Sadly its times like this that make me look at Obama and hope he loses the election to a better Democrat who will say F the rep and help his own party instead of trying to constantly work together leading him to IGNORE his own party.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Sadly its times like this that make me look at Obama and hope he loses the election to a better Democrat who will say F the rep and help his own party instead of trying to constantly work together leading him to IGNORE his own party.

and its thinking like this that has got us where we are today on passing everything at the last minute or not at all. No one wants to compromise and get things that benefit the masses as a whole instead of just the people that voted a particular person in office. And im not blaming dems or reps. it goes both ways

Originally Posted by runzombierun

and its thinking like this that has got us where we are today on passing everything at the last minute or not at all. No one wants to compromise and get things that benefit the masses as a whole instead of just the people that voted a particular person in office. And im not blaming dems or reps. it goes both ways
Yea but HE WAS IN THE PERFECT POSITION. Democrats had ALL the power and he when he tried to work together rep acted out and people elected a a bunch of Tea Party people. The democrats lost power before he got anything really done outside of health care which still has not taken a real hold. If he just used his majority rule he would have DONE ALOT MORE. 

So... Keith Olbermann is organizing a movement then? No? He wants other people to do it. Ok...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by runzombierun

Yea but HE WAS IN THE PERFECT POSITION. Democrats had ALL the power and he when he tried to work together rep acted out and people elected a a bunch of Tea Party people. The democrats lost power before he got anything really done outside of health care which still has not taken a real hold. If he just used his majority rule he would have DONE ALOT MORE. 

exactly the people are the ones that changed the balance of power. so what does that tell you right there?

personally im not either a rep or dem. i have things that i like and dislike about each side and when it comes time to vote i look at both sides and not just vote for my party, just so you know where im coming from.

We as young adults are more than able to organize our own movements. We have all the tools necessary to spread the word quickly. If peaceful protests don't start happening then nothing will change.

who has Current TV though
id watch him if i did 

i just wish he was still on MSNBC 

he just seems over the hill now speaking to no audience 

Back
Top Bottom