If you Fail in America, chances are it was your fault.

Originally Posted by Hans Landa

Originally Posted by HigherGround

They don't have that immigrant optimism my man
pimp.gif
, They don't understand.

pimp.gif
 You see those Mexicans & Chinese-Americans speaking limited English having their own businesses? WHAT other country are you able to do something like that? 
pimp.gif

If you actually would do some research you would understand that most of these immigrants that have their own businesses come to america with some sort of capital to invest, so its not like they come over dirt poor.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

So basically you're just feeling yourself and decided to make an outlandish thread because of it...

Is that the gist of this discussion?

*shrugs*

sounds about right to me...

without anything to back it up its just like he farted on his keyboard and pressed [POST]

lol @ OP sending me an angry PM because I checked him... he's upset...

Just accept the fact that you're not as hungry.

So basically you're just feeling yourself and decided to make an outlandish thread because of it...

Is that the gist of this discussion?

how many times do you've to edit your statements? Just take a seat somewhere.
Quoted for stupidity.

What did I edit?

So thirst to spit hate and ignorance, that you make yourself look like a buffoon.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

In this country success comes at the cost of others failing. Everyone has the potential to succeed but everyone CANT succeed..

Exactly.

Poverty is built into capitalism.

I'm glad at least a couple of people were able to articulate why the OP's statement has no real basis.

OP, I might agree with you if our country was run by a communist dictator, but since it isn't and never has been. 

The same corporate or even small businessmen you laud as being living evidence of the existence of the American Dream probably have the same killer instincts as your average drug dealer, if not moreso.  Keep that in mind before you make such inane comments next time.

indifferent.gif
 I hear a lot of kids (I use that term loosely) complaining about joblessness, Uncle Sam taking their money, healthcare being better in Canada, conspiracy theories, blah blah blah.. 
Blame all your shortcomings on the nation eh? 
grin.gif
 This is getting real old.. USA IS THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY.. Coming from a 3rd world country, I strongly attest to this. A Lot of you are acting like spoiled kids. GROW up & hustle, work hard, strive. 

& NO, I am not mad.. I'm actually 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 Guess parents just don't understand.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eghckk

Everyone always brings up that immigrant argument but the truth is a lot of the immigrants in the US are struggling but the reason why you don't hear them complaining as much is because by comparison the struggle they experience in the US doesn't compare to the one they would be experiencing in their native countries. It's easy for a immigrant to come to the US and say "this is the land of opportunity anything is possible" because they have something to compare it to. If you're coming from a third world country the US probably does seem like it might offer more opportunities by comparison (if I didn't you wouldn't have moved here). The difference between people who have grown up in the US and people who emigrate to the US is that people who are born here know that there's a lot of opportunities in the US and everyone has a chance but everyone doesn't have a fair or equal chance. No matter how hard some of us may "hustle" or "work hard" we still have to deal with a lot more road blocks than others.
/thread

op your optimism is annoying

LOL! @ "farted on your keyboard and pressed post".
OP i'd still like to know where you came from and how long you've been here.
*taps foot like Sonic when you don't move him*

Not at all. An individual's inconsiderate, selfish parents could have possibly set them up for failure if they decided to have that individual (and possibly other children) while being under the poverty line. A lot of negative could stem from that happening. Children being forced to leave school early to help their families financially is one of those negatives. That doesn't seem like their fault to me. There are a lot of poor people who decide to reproduce in this country.

High school is the foundation of your life. If you bust your fanny in high school it unlocks a lot of doors. Once you're in a good university everything falls into place. Take out some government loans, get good grades, get some good internships and then you graduate and coast into a good job. It's really that easy.

Unfortunately, a lot of kids don't have the family structure in place that reinforces how important high school is.

yea op what do you do? you judgemental jerk
since im on the internet i cant really clown on you
but you can blow it!!!

To "make it" in modern day America or to be "successful" you better be making at least 6 figures....Off the bat, that's an impossibility for everyone because of our current fractional reserve banking system and the modern application of American "free-market" capitalism.

We don't have the psychical, moral, political or economic infrastructure for your fantasy world.

The great plains would have to be turned into Utopian Urban centers, there would have to be some type of barter system re-established and implemented into the formal economy, corporations would have to be totally re-envisioned and restructured, farming subsidies would have to be quadrupled (at least), etc, etc, etc. You ever heard of inflation? Corporate hierarchy? Employment specialization? Urban planning and decay? Seasonal unemployment? Business cycles?...All of those things ensure that there will be always be millions who "aren't successful" at one point or another.

Our economy is powered by the working class, those working check to check just to get by and it will remain that way until the Republic is no more. The United States is engineered for mass mediocrity, manageable failure and a tantalizing portion of excess. Its a testament to the collective state of delusion and ignorance that so many Americans seem to be in...that you to even take yourself seriously and others co-sign your thesis.

Yes America has many great opportunities but it also has many treacherous pitfalls.

And why do y'all act like America is this glimmering paradise surrounded by these savage and barren land masses...there are people in Western Europe that would commit that before being forced to live in the States. There are other nations in this World that are doing pretty good for themselves as well.

^
You should have stopped in the first sentence, you resonate "L" all the way from your screen name to the incoherent babble you write.

sounding like a bunch of losers sitting in a bar " oh yeah, this is a tough world. It is impossible. The GOV is messing it for us. Free market doesn't exist" GO BACK IN TO YOUR MOTHERS WOMB AND HIDE.

lazy !#$ people want everything to come to them. If it dont all they do is *@!$* and complain about it.

^
You should have stopped in the first sentence, you resonate "L" all the way from your screen name to the incoherent babble you write.

sounding like a bunch of losers sitting in a bar " oh yeah, this is a tough world. It is impossible. The GOV is messing it for us. Free market doesn't exist" GO BACK IN TO YOUR MOTHERS WOMB AND HIDE.
Way to refute his post with something half way intelligent.

Wait....

Originally Posted by usherplaylist

High school is the foundation of your life. If you bust your fanny in high school it unlocks a lot of doors. Once you're in a good university everything falls into place. Take out some government loans, get good grades, get some good internships and then you graduate and coast into a good job. It's really that easy.

Unfortunately, a lot of kids don't have the family structure in place that reinforces how important high school is.

That easy huh?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

successful isnt necessarily defined by ones salary. A person can make under 50k and be successful.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

GTEK wrote:
Now what exactly would you call succeeding in America again?

I wake up when i want to. Nuff' said 
pimp.gif

RetroMan23, great link
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Unemployed people wake up when they want to as well.. [/color]
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Mad, they are. 

BTW, I do admit my original post was quite arrogant.. So my apologies if I touched a nerve with you (salty) people on here.. I am glad that some people here can agree with me amidst all the hate. 
happy.gif

OP I'll cosign your post for the most part. That doesn't mean I don't recognize that there are things that need to be done to at least try to even out the playing field in America.There are def inequalities and obstacles that need fixing. However I firmly believe that under any circumstances a person in America can succeed. Is it rare? It is hard? Does it seem like a fantasy? Yes, yes, and yes. But that doesn't mean its impossible and complaining about things in the corner of your room or over the internet really doesn't get much done.

you really don't know what you are talking about..

While yes things are much more possible in America than anywhere else. Doesn't mean you can make it.

There are millions who bust their @!@. Work harder than most and don't make it...

What you should say is America is your best chance to make it, but doesn't mean your chance will ever be given or realized.

Originally Posted by Essential1

What you should say is America is your best chance to make it, but doesn't mean your chance will ever be given or realized.

Touche. Again, I did not mean to sound arrogant. 

NYVictory45 wrote:
OP I'll cosign your post for the most part. That doesn't mean I don't recognize that there are things that need to be done to at least try to even out the playing field in America.There are def inequalities and obstacles that need fixing. However I firmly believe that under any circumstances a person in America can succeed. Is it rare? It is hard? Does it seem like a fantasy? Yes, yes, and yes. But that doesn't mean its impossible and complaining about things in the corner of your room or over the internet really doesn't get much done.

i love how people always assume that b/c things are discussed online people aren't doing anything off line...

My parents were immigrants.  I grew up with nothing.  Graduated from NU, and I have a great job.

Haters will always love to hate.  The problem with America is nobody wants to work hard anymore, everybody wants to be spoonfed, and when you don't get it, you complain.  Just look at that thread about the guy look for a 9-5 job
laugh.gif
Quit making excuses, it's getting pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom