Im 19 and about to have my own apartment.. FML

Sup niketalk, bored at work and pondering about an issue im going through maybe you guys can give me some advice.

I'm 19, turning 20 this December and due to a family emergency ( My uncle was diagnosed with ALS , bka Lou Gehrig's disease and has less than a year tolive ) My parents decided they have to uproot and move from Queens, NYC to Boulder, Colorado to take care of him. I'm planning to go to F.I.T in spring andmy entire life is here. My boyfriend of almost three years is here, my friends, everything. I have lived here since I was 6 months old.

My parents gave me the option of staying in our apartment and they said they will take care of all expenses until I can do so on my own or I can movewith them to Colorado. I honestly do not want to go to Colorado. I don't know if this sounds selfish or not but I have plans for myself here. But on theother hand.. I don't want to live alone. I just get paranoid thinking about always coming home to an empty house. I'm not willing to find a roommate,because I think living with a stranger is even worse. The upside? Rent is under 800 for a two bedroom apartment in Astoria because of rent stabilization so itwould be maintainable for me in the future, unlike anywhere else in this state.

What do you guys think?

How is this an L? Your 19 and your parents are willing to pay for you to live in your own apartment....

I think it's a good situation and if I were you personally I'd stay, but if you're not wanting to be alone then you should move

Originally Posted by J Burner

How is this an L? Your 19 and your parents are willing to pay for you to live in your own apartment....
I think I would hate living alone.

Originally Posted by gORJESS

Get a roommate, charge rent. Now you've got parents paying for your apartment, your not living alone, and making some money on the side. I know myfriends would have been lining up to move in if I was in your situation.

ya i think this is a way to really grow and show some independence ... i mean i know you said your parnts are paying for the place but just to be on your ownits a big deal.

You don't want to live alone and you don't want a roommate. So basically you'd like to hide under your parents a little longer? Sorry, but itsounds like it's time to grow up.

I'm sure you have a friend who is looking to move out.

get them as a roommate. you get money and you aren't living alone. Problem solved.

21ozszd.gif

rmvf55.jpg

how is this a loss? free rent? you get to live on your own.. sounds like a win to me.. worst vent ever .. lol

youre gonna be 35 and still living at home thinking like that.

better take it...some _ dont even get a car from their people but you have to think about accepting a all-expense paid apartment in NY?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You don't want to live alone and you don't want a roommate. So basically you'd like to hide under your parents a little longer? Sorry, but it sounds like it's time to grow up.
I dont think its immaturity. Im not trying to hide under my parents either. I honetly dont think I would enjoy being home alone all the time.

Its called growing up, sometimes you have to live alone.

Originally Posted by reeeem0

youre gonna be 35 and still living at home thinking like that.

better take it...some _ dont even get a car from their people but you have to think about accepting a all-expense paid apartment in NY?

Its not even like that. Literally one day I woke up and discovered I would be living alone if i didn't move half way acrossthe country. So this is a little bit of a shock.

Have a friend move in with you...++++ seems like you have a sweet deal to me, I would be braggin if I were you.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You don't want to live alone and you don't want a roommate. So basically you'd like to hide under your parents a little longer? Sorry, but it sounds like it's time to grow up.
I dont think its immaturity. Im not trying to hide under my parents either. I honetly dont think I would enjoy being home alone all the time.

So....what is it that you want? You realize that living with your parents or being completely alone 24/7 are not the only options in life, right? You canhave roommates, if you don't want roommates, have your friends over as much as possible, or be at your friends places as much as possible. Most peoplewould just have a friend move in. Getting a roommate does not = living with a stranger. Like I said, my friends would have been lining up for this one.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Have your man move in with you...y'all can walk around butt nekket too, if he ain't down,i'll join[/color]

Back
Top Bottom