Im 22 and im losing my hair FML...

Man as a society, more and more men, younger and younger are starting to recede. Maybe its the food we are eating, maybe i'm just paying attention more, but it certainly seems like there has been a rise in the amount of men balding at a younger age.

Been shaving my head with a 1 or zero for years (since high school, 25 now). I actually still have a good hairline when I grow it out for a few but it is def not perfect. receding a lil in the corners but not terribly bad.

The funny thing is, is that I have a better hairline than most men who grow theirs out
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways, I shave with a razor now cause it is a lot faster and smoother but you can still see that I have hair.

But if your hair is going like that just shave it man. It won't look bad at all just make sure your skin is nice
Example:

sov87s.jpg

i'd never seen that variant hair clip up there

that air randy hair looks interesting. gotta do some research on that

Simply solution to male hairloss.
Stop drinking caffeinated beverages and begin to workout and eat better.

I've been thinking about going completely bald
But, 1. I have got a round face

2. I don't want a shiny head

One day, i'll do it

i'm with you. my hairline receding at a FAST rate.
30t6p3b.gif

my grandpa had the fullest head of hair. i got that vegeta hairline right now:

20091010054922!Vegeta.jpg

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Been shaving my head with a 1 or zero for years (since high school, 25 now). I actually still have a good hairline when I grow it out for a few but it is def not perfect. receding a lil in the corners but not terribly bad.

The funny thing is, is that I have a better hairline than most men who grow theirs out
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways, I shave with a razor now cause it is a lot faster and smoother but you can still see that I have hair.

But if your hair is going like that just shave it man. It won't look bad at all just make sure your skin is nice
Example:

sov87s.jpg

nah he betta keep it low
if he got it lined up it would be looking like this

Tray.jpg
laugh.gif

My hair has been thinning since I was 18...And I naturally have thin hair. Going bald isn't really a concern for me...if that's natures will then i'll roll with it. Atleast I got a cute face.

But right now I still have a good amount of hair left. But I am taking precautionary measure and I actually just started using this...

nat-196_2z.jpg

It's like $25 on amazon...comes with a hair serum, a vitamin containing biotin, zinc and herbs, and a dht blocker pill that helps control dht.

Another thing worth noting is that all of these things seem like a lifetime commitment.

If I could give any advice is that if you lead a stressful life...it could be detrimental to your hairline...I used to stress over losing hair and such but it's pointless...worrying about something never got anyone anywhere so whatever happens it happens...it doesn't make you less than who you were...

Originally Posted by manamazing55

in terms of heredity, youre supposed to look at your Mothers side of the family.

Having said that, I dont think there is any true predictor. I have hair loss, and my Mothers side really has none, whereas my Grandfather and all of his brothers lost their hair on my dads side

Unfortunately, its just part of life for some of us

You my friend are misinformed and like many people still cling to that old wives tail. It has been proven by science that sides of the family don't mean anything. If the "bald gene" is in your DNA, you will lose hair. Pattern baldness is genetically inherited period point blank from your DNA. OP if it is truly that much of an issue, go to Bosley and fix it.

If you're really concerned, use Nioxin.

I switched to Redken about five years ago and my hairline hasn't receded since. It's quite a bit more expensive, but totally worth it. It's true that cheap products like Head & Shoulders do a lot of damage to your hair, and can kill follicles.

OP I started using this shampoo as well.

0005233640110_500X500.jpg

It's not as thickening as I thought it would be versus this

1000947_C1470100_A_400.jpg

but the vive pro dries my hair out...the thicker fuller hair is a great moisturizing shampoo if you get dry scalp sometimes. Cleans my hair, has a nice smell.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If you're really concerned, use Nioxin.

I switched to Redken about five years ago and my hairline hasn't receded since. It's quite a bit more expensive, but totally worth it. It's true that cheap products like Head & Shoulders do a lot of damage to your hair, and can kill follicles.

Nioxin sounds like a scam.  I would talk to a dermatologist and see what they say and use propecia and rogaine.

OP when I was around your age my hair started thinning out, and it scared the crap out of me since my father also started going bald around that age. But what I later figured out is that it wasn't only because of hereditary reasons but because I spent most of my teen years constantly wearing fitted hats and basically treating my hair like crap. The lack of sunlight is truly what has done me in and once I started reversing this process my hair loss has significantly slowed down, even though I haven't taken other steps needed to stop it. Also stress is another thing that seems to quicken my hair loss

f all that , man get hair transplants
just get a consultation, and depending what type of balding you have will determine the price
i plan on having one and i only will need 1000 grafts , because of my curly hair
its gonna cost 4000 but i have student loan money left over

once you do it you will feel so much better, i feel like a weight is off my shoulders

I'm the same. I feel that im losing my hair but when i ask those close to me if they see a difference they say no. Maybe its just me seeing things lol

*** There is so much ignorance and misinformed members in here it's pathetic. Read this and educate yourselves. ***
http://www.hairlosslearni...ures/hair-loss-myths.asp

Maybe you’ve heard that wearing a tight baseball cap too often will make you bald or that if you wash your hair too much you’ll suffer hair loss. Well, they’re both old wives’ tales.

So what really causes hair loss and what’s myth?
[h1] Brushing to Grow Hair?[/h1]
brush.jpg
The idea of brushing the hair 100 times a day to stimulate the scalp circulation is a fantasy. In fact, if you brush your hair too much, you may end up injuring and losing hair.

This myth stems from the thought that hair loss was due to poor circulation and that brushing or massaging would improve blood flow and nutrition to the follicles. The truth is, bald or not, there’s no major difference in scalp circulation.
[h1] Styling and Hair Loss?[/h1]
There’s some truth and some fiction when it comes to hairstyling and Hair Loss.

It is true that certain hair styles, such as corn-rows or tight ponytails, can cause hair loss. These styles put undue tension on the hairs. But as for hair sprays, perm solutions, or coloring resulting in hair loss there’s no truth to that idea. These applications may cause some damage to the hair strands. But the all-important follicles, located under the skin, stay safe.

And what about the idea that haircuts will make your hair grow back thicker and faster? That’s wishful thinking. Everyone’s hair growth and length depends on their own unique hair cycle, which is based on both nutrition and heredity. The longer your growth phase the longer your hair growth.
[h1]
hair_blower.jpg
Blowing away your hair?[/h1]
What about hair dryers?
Are these follicular incinerators?

The good news is there is no evidence that hair dryers cause thinning hair. However, too hot or too much drying may lead to brittle and breakable hair. Let common sense guide you and hold the hair dryer at a normal distance from your scalp and dry to your heart’s content.
[h1] Vitamins and Steroids?[/h1]
Think about this – if you were losing hair because of a lack of vitamins or minerals in your diet, why wouldn’t the back and sides
vitamins.jpg
of your head be affected? In actuality, vitamin deficiency results in an even distribution of hair loss all over the head. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to take vitamins on a regular basis for your overall health.

Your follicles width and amount are based on heredity. So claims of hair growing miracle drugs or natural hair loss treatments are untrue.

However, steroids use can cause hair loss. Research has proven that anabolic steroids raise the levels of baldness-inducing male hormones. For those who are genetically prone to hair loss, this can speed up the loss in as little as 3 to 6 months. While this loss may be reversed, it can be permanent.
[h1] Sexual Activity to Grow Hair?[/h1]
Unfortunately, there is no truth to the idea that the more sex you have, the less hair you’ll lose! And the same goes for the rumors that the chemicals released during sex can affect hair loss. Science has yet to uncover any proof to this fantasy. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep experimenting.
family_tree.jpg
[h1]The Hair Loss Family Tree [/h1] Many men believe that if their father has a full head of hair, they’ll keep a good head of hair. But hair loss or hair growth is set by a genetic combination determined by both sides of your family.
Of course, if your family tree is filled with balding scalps, you do have a better chance of losing hair.

it's all in how you care it and treat the top of your head...constantly brushing it combing it...stuff you put in it...

they call it tender headed for a reason...the top of your head is sensitive...take a look at what is in the bottle of shampoo you use...

i stopped using anything but the lightest shampoos i finger-comb my hair and just trim w/ scissors and my hair loss appears to have slowed way down

I notice a lot of dudes 20 and under start receding or going bald at an earlier age.
I dont think that was the case 30 years ago. Men wouldnt start losing their hair until they were at least 40.
Im sure it has something to do with us eating hormonally treated meat (all animals are fed growth hormones) and the stress of modern life doesnt help either

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I notice a lot of dudes 20 and under start receding or going bald at an earlier age.
I dont think that was the case 30 years ago. Men wouldnt start losing their hair until they were at least 40.
Im sure it has something to do with us eating hormonally treated meat (all animals are fed growth hormones) and the stress of modern life doesnt help either

Back
Top Bottom