Im 22 and im losing my hair FML...

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I notice a lot of dudes 20 and under start receding or going bald at an earlier age.
I dont think that was the case 30 years ago. Men wouldnt start losing their hair until they were at least 40.
Im sure it has something to do with us eating hormonally treated meat (all animals are fed growth hormones) and the stress of modern life doesnt help either

This statement is what I believe the most too. Even my mother has been saying the same thing, she's 50 - she said in her lifetime, she's never seen younger men bald as quickly as men these days. 

I do believe as well it may be from the hormonally treated meat most of us eat unconsciously. I've literally stopped eating fast food, and cut down on meat from outside places. 

These companies are out here killing us. This whole world is %#!%$@ up.

im there with u bro it sucks i did stop using H&S tho..sometimes i think it was my barber who kinda goes to far in the corners as well :/

I had no idea head and shoulders was bad for your hair. My dad is in his mid 50s and still has a full head of hair that isn't receding or thinning at all. I've been lucky so far and hopefully take after him because my grandfather on my moms side went bald pretty early.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

starting to look like Lebron...well, not AS bad
laugh.gif

I'm hoping its just the shampoo and conditioner I've been using. (did some research to find out H&S can cause hair loss)

but man, this is really stressing me out, going to make an appt this week and see what the real cause of it....im hoping i can treat it and its not genetic considering my moms side of the men have hardly any hair but my dads side all in their 60+ have a full set of hair still

anyone else experience hair loss at a young age? what are you guys to prevent it? any GOOD shampoos out there you guys are using?

I use a head and shoulders too to wash my hair. I had no idea that H & H is linked to hair loss. I'll stop using it immediately thanks for that info. Well anyway I realize when i'm taking out my braids, lots of it is dead hair and comes right off my scalp after picking it out. My braider does tell me it's normal for that to happen when taking out braids after leaving em' in for a while so I hardly worry about it, even though it sometimes seems like it's too much of it comes out.I'm talking about ALOT of it more than a  fistful.

I'm 22 also and would be stressed is If I l were losing too much hair so i'd be more than happy to give you some advice.

Heres a few  hints. I got for ya. If you believe it was because of H & H stop letting it "STRESS" you by worrying too much. Stress is defintiely a factor in hair loss and will only make the problem worse. The more you get stressed the more hair you're going to lose. Don't start taking a bunch of hair loss prevention products if you have not already, intead try using a natural hair sheen spray. Your hair loss problem is probaly because of a natural cause such as maybe lack of moisture to your hair, and the problem can probaly be solved by using the Moisturizers consistently enough.

I'd reccomend "Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen Spray. Olive oil is rich in fatty acids that import moisture directly to the hair and scalp. They also got a A creme hairdress from the same brand. Basically what the creme is is a blend of olive oil and herbal nutrients into a vitamin - rich hairdress to aid in restoring your hairs natural moisture balance. Nettle  extract horsetail and amino acids help stimulate the scalp and add strength, shine, and softness to the hair.(I Took those last two sentences of the back of the olive oil hairdress container in front of me).

Unfortunately I ain't sure about what shampoo would be best to use since I normally use the H & H. I'll be looking for a new brand to use myself. Best of luck fixing the problem.

I spoke with a dermatologist recently who actually recommended Head and Shoulders. His specific reason is the zinc which provides nourishment. He also suggested taking Biotin to strength the follicles (and its good for your nails a well).

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

I use a head and shoulders too to wash my hair. I had no idea that H & H is linked to hair loss. I'll stop using it immediately thanks for that info. Well anyway I realize when i'm taking out my braids, lots of it is dead hair and comes right off my scalp after picking it out. My braider does tell me it's normal for that to happen when taking out braids after leaving em' in for a while so I hardly worry about it, even though it sometimes seems like it's too much of it comes out.I'm talking about ALOT of it more than a  fistful.

I'm 22 also and would be stressed is If I l were losing too much hair so i'd be more than happy to give you some advice.

Heres a few  hints. I got for ya. If you believe it was because of H & H stop letting it "STRESS" you by worrying too much. Stress is defintiely a factor in hair loss and will only make the problem worse. The more you get stressed the more hair you're going to lose. Don't start taking a bunch of hair loss prevention products if you have not already, intead try using a natural hair sheen spray. Your hair loss problem is probaly because of a natural cause such as maybe lack of moisture to your hair, and the problem can probaly be solved by using the Moisturizers consistently enough.

I'd reccomend "Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen Spray. Olive oil is rich in fatty acids that import moisture directly to the hair and scalp. They also got a A creme hairdress from the same brand. Basically what the creme is is a blend of olive oil and herbal nutrients into a vitamin - rich hairdress to aid in restoring your hairs natural moisture balance. Nettle  extract horsetail and amino acids help stimulate the scalp and add strength, shine, and softness to the hair.(I Took those last two sentences of the back of the olive oil hairdress container in front of me).

Unfortunately I ain't sure about what shampoo would be best to use since I normally use the H & H. I'll be looking for a new brand to use myself. Best of luck fixing the problem.
good looking out fam, i appreciate it, ill be looking into those products....thanks to everyone else as well that has come through

i have lots of hair, but I'm starting to get some grey hairs... stress FTL

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I notice a lot of dudes 20 and under start receding or going bald at an earlier age.
I dont think that was the case 30 years ago. Men wouldnt start losing their hair until they were at least 40.
Im sure it has something to do with us eating hormonally treated meat (all animals are fed growth hormones) and the stress of modern life doesnt help either

This statement is what I believe the most too. Even my mother has been saying the same thing, she's 50 - she said in her lifetime, she's never seen younger men bald as quickly as men these days. 

I do believe as well it may be from the hormonally treated meat most of us eat unconsciously. I've literally stopped eating fast food, and cut down on meat from outside places. 

Not eating fast food will help a lil but you cant make the problem go away. Any kind of meat you buy at the supermarket (chicken, steak, pastrami, pork-chops, turkey whatever) comes from animals that have been given growth hormones and supplements through food to make them grow faster to meet the demands of the ever growing population and to keep prices down.

I wish I wrote for a sketch comedy show, I straight up wanna do a skit with regular dudes going to work with headbands on like bron.

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

organicroots08.jpg
organic-root-stimulator-olive-oil-sheen-spray-115-oz-elevate-styles.jpg
I'm a barber and use this on my clients.
Mainly the one on the right though, causes hair growth, nourishment, takes away dandruff/flakes too. 

I usually spray it on the scalp, not the hair. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I'm not losing my hair, but I am getting an increasing amount of grey hairs
frown.gif
How old are you? I've been having grey hairs since I was about 15
eek.gif
, Idk how I feel about it yet lol. Especially when I want to grow my hair out a bit. (Anderson Cooper SWAG!)

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Any carnivores are very much aware of eating meat, a lot also know that it has been hormonally treated, so no, I don't think this is subconscious.
Eat more vegetables? Shop at farmers markets? Give up meat?

Idk man, I honestly don't know what the issue is. Could be the modified food we eat, genetics, both? 

Buena surte hermano. Ojala que no sea permanente, si no ya tu sabes que pellon, te vas a ver chingon?
laugh.gif

no hair loss here but I've always had thin hair. If I eventually go bald I'll have no shame in that.

my hairline moved back a little when i was about 20, hasn't budged since.  moms dad has a whole head of hair, i heard you have an adult hairline or something idk and don't care. 

Back
Top Bottom