I'm Addicted to Soda

Used to be like that. My goal was just to start drinking more water... drinking soda just stopped gradually because of that. I have it like once a month now

Used to be like that. My goal was just to start drinking more water... drinking soda just stopped gradually because of that. I have it like once a month now

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

You're slowly tearing away at the lining of your esophagus.

All of that acid daily is never good.

Not sure how far your addiction spans, but it may be confined to certain settings (home, car, or work).

Carry a bottle of water with you and try to drink it outside of these settings. Try a cup at first and gradually move on to bottles. Eventually, you'll be able to drink water in those soda-specific settings. As for the soda, try to limit yourself to two cans a day until you can successfully drink water without the nausea and headaches.

You don't have to completely give up soda, but 3-6 cans a day is OD.

What are some other liquids should we drink? I have noticed the amount of soda I am drinking is on the rise lately. I use to drink one or two sodas a week now it is almost up to one a day. The only reason I drink soda is water gets real boring and it almost feels like a chore to drink it.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

You're slowly tearing away at the lining of your esophagus.

All of that acid daily is never good.

Not sure how far your addiction spans, but it may be confined to certain settings (home, car, or work).

Carry a bottle of water with you and try to drink it outside of these settings. Try a cup at first and gradually move on to bottles. Eventually, you'll be able to drink water in those soda-specific settings. As for the soda, try to limit yourself to two cans a day until you can successfully drink water without the nausea and headaches.

You don't have to completely give up soda, but 3-6 cans a day is OD.

What are some other liquids should we drink? I have noticed the amount of soda I am drinking is on the rise lately. I use to drink one or two sodas a week now it is almost up to one a day. The only reason I drink soda is water gets real boring and it almost feels like a chore to drink it.

Here's what you could try:

Drink a Diet Soda drink that you like exclusively (in replacement for the regular soda) for a month or 2.. After a while you will lose taste for the Regular Sodas.. And when you are ready, try to cut your Diet Soda intake with water or some other healthy drink...

I went from drinking a ton of Coca-Cola, and then went 2 months drinking Diet Pepsi in it's place... When I tried Coke after the 2 months of not having it, it tasted entirely different, and I won't drink it unless there is absolutely nothing left to drink...

Here's what you could try:

Drink a Diet Soda drink that you like exclusively (in replacement for the regular soda) for a month or 2.. After a while you will lose taste for the Regular Sodas.. And when you are ready, try to cut your Diet Soda intake with water or some other healthy drink...

I went from drinking a ton of Coca-Cola, and then went 2 months drinking Diet Pepsi in it's place... When I tried Coke after the 2 months of not having it, it tasted entirely different, and I won't drink it unless there is absolutely nothing left to drink...

Really that addicting? I rarely drink soda

Tho every time I eat pizza I have to have soda

Really that addicting? I rarely drink soda

Tho every time I eat pizza I have to have soda

Dr.Pepper
pimp.gif

i also have this problem, been like that since middle school, at one point, I was taking 2 liters to school with me, and still buying pop during lunch (this is 6, 7th grade) now im drinkin multiple 24 ounce bottles per day or one liter joints... strictly pepsi though... i try to stop, i can go for like 2 wekks without drinking any but I always go back, besides water, I cant find a drink that quenches my thirst as pepsi does...

i also have this problem, been like that since middle school, at one point, I was taking 2 liters to school with me, and still buying pop during lunch (this is 6, 7th grade) now im drinkin multiple 24 ounce bottles per day or one liter joints... strictly pepsi though... i try to stop, i can go for like 2 wekks without drinking any but I always go back, besides water, I cant find a drink that quenches my thirst as pepsi does...

When I was younger I was also addicted to soda for a while.

I would drink AT LEAST 2 liters of coke a day. Some days I would kill a 12 pack and already be into a second one before the day was over. (For the record, I'm not and never was fat). I had the same problem of getting really bad caffeine headaches when I wouldn't drink any for a few days. I didn't really consciously try to "quit" but I just stopped drinking it for a few months (guess I got tired of the taste) and the headaches went away, now years later I still drink it every now and then but the thought of downing even more than 2-3 cans a day makes me disgusted. The fact that diabetes is rampant in my family doesn't help either.

Another thing that helps is going to the gym regularly and switching to water. Try and drink 3-4 liters of water a day, and once you start lifting seriously you will naturally not want to drink much soda (empty calories) anymore.

I used to drink MD like crazy but it was never a problem. I haven't drank any pop in a month
pimp.gif

The responses/suggestions in here sound legit tho. Give em a shot OP

When I was younger I was also addicted to soda for a while.

I would drink AT LEAST 2 liters of coke a day. Some days I would kill a 12 pack and already be into a second one before the day was over. (For the record, I'm not and never was fat). I had the same problem of getting really bad caffeine headaches when I wouldn't drink any for a few days. I didn't really consciously try to "quit" but I just stopped drinking it for a few months (guess I got tired of the taste) and the headaches went away, now years later I still drink it every now and then but the thought of downing even more than 2-3 cans a day makes me disgusted. The fact that diabetes is rampant in my family doesn't help either.

Another thing that helps is going to the gym regularly and switching to water. Try and drink 3-4 liters of water a day, and once you start lifting seriously you will naturally not want to drink much soda (empty calories) anymore.

I used to drink MD like crazy but it was never a problem. I haven't drank any pop in a month
pimp.gif

The responses/suggestions in here sound legit tho. Give em a shot OP

Originally Posted by nadroj 32

I'm addicted to soda and have been for the past couple of years.  I have tried to stop drinking but I cant do it without feeling like crap.  I get mad headaches if I go half a day without at least a can.  I'm used to drinking maybe 3-6 cans a day, usually Pepsi or Dr Pepper.

Besides gaining weight in the past couple of years (im 6-1 and weigh 190 compared to the 170 I weighed back in fall of 08) I dont wanna kick my health in the %%* and become diabetic.  I tried to ween myself off the stuff and i still end up feeling like crap near the end of the day and have massive headaches and nausea sometimes.  Im not sure if its the caffeine, the sugar, the carbonation or a combination all 3 that got me hooked.  Online articles say I have to just try to limit my intake slowly but surely but, I still suffer from the headaches.

Anyone with any tips/advice you have maybe from your own personal experience now how you limited/stopped drinking soda?  Any specific foods or different drinks or maybe even activities that worked for you?

Thanks
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

you're killing yourself.

I have 1 can of soda A WEEK, if that...

You have headaches because you're dependent on the soda. You'll need to go through a week of withdrawal (caffeine is ADDICTING, so treat it like rehab) and deal with the headaches until you've stopped drinking the soda. Try limiting yourself to 1 a day, choose the time you want it.. and the rest of the time drink soda water or just water- try water with lemon or lime so it doesn't taste as "boring." You neeeeeed to cut the soda out of your diet, that is 1 of the biggest reasons why people gain weight, SUGAR. Once you cut the sugars out,  you wont crave it as much, but you must go through that period of hell to get away from it.

And the dude telling you to drink diet soda "for a month or 2" %#*! that, have some damn will power and get yourself out of this before it's too late.

Originally Posted by nadroj 32

I'm addicted to soda and have been for the past couple of years.  I have tried to stop drinking but I cant do it without feeling like crap.  I get mad headaches if I go half a day without at least a can.  I'm used to drinking maybe 3-6 cans a day, usually Pepsi or Dr Pepper.

Besides gaining weight in the past couple of years (im 6-1 and weigh 190 compared to the 170 I weighed back in fall of 08) I dont wanna kick my health in the %%* and become diabetic.  I tried to ween myself off the stuff and i still end up feeling like crap near the end of the day and have massive headaches and nausea sometimes.  Im not sure if its the caffeine, the sugar, the carbonation or a combination all 3 that got me hooked.  Online articles say I have to just try to limit my intake slowly but surely but, I still suffer from the headaches.

Anyone with any tips/advice you have maybe from your own personal experience now how you limited/stopped drinking soda?  Any specific foods or different drinks or maybe even activities that worked for you?

Thanks
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

you're killing yourself.

I have 1 can of soda A WEEK, if that...

You have headaches because you're dependent on the soda. You'll need to go through a week of withdrawal (caffeine is ADDICTING, so treat it like rehab) and deal with the headaches until you've stopped drinking the soda. Try limiting yourself to 1 a day, choose the time you want it.. and the rest of the time drink soda water or just water- try water with lemon or lime so it doesn't taste as "boring." You neeeeeed to cut the soda out of your diet, that is 1 of the biggest reasons why people gain weight, SUGAR. Once you cut the sugars out,  you wont crave it as much, but you must go through that period of hell to get away from it.

And the dude telling you to drink diet soda "for a month or 2" %#*! that, have some damn will power and get yourself out of this before it's too late.

I love soda also. I stopped drinking it for awhile and lost like 7-10 pounds within about 2 weeks. Maybe instead of soda, drink tea or coffee when you start to get headaches. Caffeine isn't bad for you if you're drinking it in moderation. But definitely work in some water. It'll definitely help

I love soda also. I stopped drinking it for awhile and lost like 7-10 pounds within about 2 weeks. Maybe instead of soda, drink tea or coffee when you start to get headaches. Caffeine isn't bad for you if you're drinking it in moderation. But definitely work in some water. It'll definitely help

Yea bro just substitute it for something else. Start drinking orange, cranberry, or Iced Tea.

6 cans in a day is really unhealthy. My friend has lost 20+ plus LBS in the past week by just cutting soda and drinking nothing but water.

Yea bro just substitute it for something else. Start drinking orange, cranberry, or Iced Tea.

6 cans in a day is really unhealthy. My friend has lost 20+ plus LBS in the past week by just cutting soda and drinking nothing but water.

Damn... I never was a big soda drinker, but my main reason for dropping it was because it made my face break out. Got tired of dealing with pimples on my face so I stopped drinking it. Beer does the same thing to my face.

Back
Top Bottom