I'm Addicted to Soda

I just stopped buying it and i only drink it now around once a week when i go out to eat. 

It's tough to get off but i just went cold turkey and went hard with water. 

With that being said  Pepsi
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Stopped drinking them all together. Now whenever I slip up & have one I get a headache.

Stopped drinking them all together. Now whenever I slip up & have one I get a headache.

My man i know exactly how u feel. I would kill atleast 5 cans a day of Coke (extremely bad :/). Up until 2008 when i just got sick of it. I got myself to quit drinking it altogether. At first i would just down Orange Juice, and lots of it anytime i got that craving for soda. But now all i drink is iced tea and water and i've been soda free for almost 3 years.

Its all up to you and how you want to approach it, i decided to just kick the habit all together and i lost soo much weight after that. But whatever works out for you bro. try some other methods if quitting all together seems too extreme

My man i know exactly how u feel. I would kill atleast 5 cans a day of Coke (extremely bad :/). Up until 2008 when i just got sick of it. I got myself to quit drinking it altogether. At first i would just down Orange Juice, and lots of it anytime i got that craving for soda. But now all i drink is iced tea and water and i've been soda free for almost 3 years.

Its all up to you and how you want to approach it, i decided to just kick the habit all together and i lost soo much weight after that. But whatever works out for you bro. try some other methods if quitting all together seems too extreme

Originally Posted by bC

This dude can't stop his addiction to soda
laugh.gif

Weak.
For people with a sweet tooth, soda can be highly addictive and a serious issue.  Consider all the obese kids in America. What do you think they're drinking on a daily basis? In some cases, people don't even realize how severe they're addiction is. Personally for me, I developed my soda addiction when I was a kid (8-9 yrs old) and continued on until high school. It wasn't until my father who developed and died from diabetes that I realized I needed to kick my habit. I still drink soda now, but it's no where near as bad as in the past. My advice to you is to not quit soda completely, but the key, just like anything else, is MODERATION. Soda was never intended to be gulped from a 64-ounce mug. It was not intended to wash food down your gullet. Nor was it intended as a cheap beverage that free refills were a possibility. It was meant to be savored, tasted, and enjoyed. I've always had an appreciation for soda with its interesting history, the refreshing taste, and all the wonderful and intriguing flavors. In essence, I consider myself a soda connoisseur. I keep a pack of real quality soda in the fridge to keep cold and pop one on occasions, normally as a treat like doing well on an exam or after working hard all week. This is truly how soda should be enjoyed. One of my personal favorite is Dublin Dr. Pepper (the original Dr. Pepper formula). I also have the privilege of living near a soda bottling company. They have a huge variety with interesting flavors and they pride themselves on selling sodas containing pure cane sugar, unlike most mainstream sodas, like Coca-cola, Sprite, Pepsi that put HFCS and other crap in it. Its a bit pricey, but if you enjoy a real quality soda like me, its worth it. Here are some pics and the link to their website: http://www.realsoda.com/index.html

Their halloween collection

Originally Posted by bC

This dude can't stop his addiction to soda
laugh.gif

Weak.
For people with a sweet tooth, soda can be highly addictive and a serious issue.  Consider all the obese kids in America. What do you think they're drinking on a daily basis? In some cases, people don't even realize how severe they're addiction is. Personally for me, I developed my soda addiction when I was a kid (8-9 yrs old) and continued on until high school. It wasn't until my father who developed and died from diabetes that I realized I needed to kick my habit. I still drink soda now, but it's no where near as bad as in the past. My advice to you is to not quit soda completely, but the key, just like anything else, is MODERATION. Soda was never intended to be gulped from a 64-ounce mug. It was not intended to wash food down your gullet. Nor was it intended as a cheap beverage that free refills were a possibility. It was meant to be savored, tasted, and enjoyed. I've always had an appreciation for soda with its interesting history, the refreshing taste, and all the wonderful and intriguing flavors. In essence, I consider myself a soda connoisseur. I keep a pack of real quality soda in the fridge to keep cold and pop one on occasions, normally as a treat like doing well on an exam or after working hard all week. This is truly how soda should be enjoyed. One of my personal favorite is Dublin Dr. Pepper (the original Dr. Pepper formula). I also have the privilege of living near a soda bottling company. They have a huge variety with interesting flavors and they pride themselves on selling sodas containing pure cane sugar, unlike most mainstream sodas, like Coca-cola, Sprite, Pepsi that put HFCS and other crap in it. Its a bit pricey, but if you enjoy a real quality soda like me, its worth it. Here are some pics and the link to their website: http://www.realsoda.com/index.html

Their halloween collection

Back
Top Bottom