"I'm from New York City"

Originally Posted by aaronpayumo

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Quiz them off the back..

1) Name the 5 boroughs
2) How much is the metro single ride
3) What is Easy Pickins
4) Where is Yankee Stadium located (address)
5) Mayor before Bloomberg
6) How much is a Slice of Pizza (usually)

answers?
Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx and Shaolin 
pimp.gif

$2.25

I'm from NY and don't know what this means

Somewhere in the Bronx

Guliani 

Like $2.25 but we all go to 2 brothers at St. Marks for $1 pizza 
pimp.gif

When we moved to Cleveland when I was 5 - when people in school like my teacher asked me where I was from I would say New York; cause that's where I was from.

Fast forward 15-18 years later, when I moved to California and people asked where I was from I would say Cleveland; cause that's where I was from.

So to this day, some people from elementary school know me as the kid from NYC, or that man from Cleveland lol. When I realized that recently, I went
eyes.gif
. But still, I always rep Cleveland when someone asks unless they ask where I was born. But my families roots are all NYC. My uncles, cousins, aunts, etc..

But you know you were born in NYC when your Social Security Number starts with '0'
laugh.gif

Everyone calls Manhattan, the city.

If I were to call someone out, I'd just ask who Mr. G or Sam Champion is. End of story.

Animal Thug1539 wrote:

But you know you were born in NYC when your Social Security Number starts with '0'
laugh.gif

YO out here in Cali, I got a job and the accountant told me my SS couldn't be real cuz it started with a 0 lol
I was just like *@$? She was persistent that I bring in my SS card and then I just handed it to her with the 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

lol this happens a lot in college.

"where you from"
"los angeles"
"cool what part"
"bakersfield"

swear to god thats what a braud told me frosh yr

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

NYC is so great that people dont even believe they would be fortunate enough to encounter someone from this great city.

For this reason alone....We Won.

fact.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

ask them where in NYC did they live while there (the concourse, pelham parkway, castle hill etc.). going to be shooting out fake locations and all that.

Spot on pelham parkway still sells slices for $2 
pimp.gif

pelham parkway
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GodShammgod

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

people from new york dont say new york city. the city part is generally not included.

also, the city= manhattan
no
Umm Yes

Manhattan = the city. When people talk about NYC they think about Manhattan. Shes right.

And yea this is getting ridiculous. I, honestly, never encountered anyone who claimed NY and theyre not from here.
And those questions are really stupid.

A- they hold no validity. Idk half the answer to those questions and Ive lived here (Queens) for my whole life.
B- Most of those questions can be easily searched online.

At the end of the day, this thread is dumb. 

you know how I know you know i'm from nyc?...

when you ask me these "answer 5 questions about NYC" questions and I slap the $%@$ outta you.

The look on your face lets me know that you now know i'm from nyc.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

you know how I know you know i'm from nyc?...

when you ask me these "answer 5 questions about NYC" questions and I slap the $%@$ outta you.

The look on your face lets me know that you now know i'm from nyc.

This

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

When we moved to Cleveland when I was 5 - when people in school like my teacher asked me where I was from I would say New York; cause that's where I was from.

Fast forward 15-18 years later, when I moved to California and people asked where I was from I would say Cleveland; cause that's where I was from.

So to this day, some people from elementary school know me as the kid from NYC, or that man from Cleveland lol. When I realized that recently, I went
eyes.gif
. But still, I always rep Cleveland when someone asks unless they ask where I was born. But my families roots are all NYC. My uncles, cousins, aunts, etc..

laugh.gif

Brave man.

laugh.gif

I remember seeing that before and i was all -what the hell- then i actually went to gamespot.com to see if it was a new game coming out and rottentomatoes to see if it was a movie.

You got me son!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GodShammgod

This girl seasoned vet is always mad and bitter. 
30t6p3b.gif

...so lemme get this straight? you jump to the defense on another dude, and im the female??

- your response makes me wonder if you even know what mad or bitter even means? i just speak the truth.....most people cant handle it.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.....and thats what skimming through will get you. READ bruh......read.

You gave the 
eyes.gif
 face. Ok "bruh".

.......my dude, if you read my post and got out of it that i was the one saying that? then i feel sorry for your english teacher
laugh.gif
damn man
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

laugh.gif

I remember seeing that before and i was all -what the hell- then i actually went to gamespot.com to see if it was a new game coming out and rottentomatoes to see if it was a movie.

You got me son!
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom