I'm guessing this is a New York thing, but what is a "Bodega"?

Growin up:corner store,store name, or a nick name for the store

Now I just I'm going to the store...

Last edited:
Growing up in New York and speaking Spanish growing up we called it a bodega and all in my town were Hispanic owned

I miss chillin in bodegas. My family sold off all their bodegas and moved to Florida.

The bodega in my block use to be the spot, my ***** avil use to always allow old folks hang out and drink til mad late.

Every time i went in that store there was this old guy name cuba, the old fellow use to always tell kids to go to school and start preaching about mad extra **** while he was drunk lol.

All you heard in that bodega was salsa.

Us dominicans call them Bodegas or Colmado.. I've heard some ricans call it tienda, where to us a tienda is a department store.

*INB4 everyone seeks ninjahood for all hispanic and NYC answers*

I thought "Bodega" was the name like how CVS is :lol:

Didn't know it was applied to every corner store.

I'm from VA sooooo yea lol

Glad this has been cleared up...

Because I had no idea what it was...

I'm in Texas... We call it "da coena sto'e"...

Last edited:
Never understood the infatuation with "chopped cheese" it's literally just burger meat :lol: .
It's a mix of the price point and its exclusivity to the city. Similar-sized sandwiches sell for $8-11, whereas a chopped cheese is about $5. Also something about the bodega seasoning/flat top grill that cooks egg sandwiches all day.

A chopped cheese is a necessary purchase after a night of drinking when I'm out in Brooklyn.

It's a mix of the price point and its exclusivity to the city. Similar-sized sandwiches sell for $8-11, whereas a chopped cheese is about $5. Also something about the bodega seasoning/flat top grill that cooks egg sandwiches all day.

A chopped cheese is a necessary purchase after a night of drinking when I'm out in Brooklyn.

Good call on the flat top grill going all day long.

Where in BK do you usually go out? Don't gotta get specific if you don't wanna :lol: . Just curious the neighborhoods.

"Hit the bodega for a 40 ounce son, Garcia Vega Two bags of chips, and one pack of Now & Laters · Flame tucked down to my nuts, on my last buck. Only thing keep a ***** calm is a good ...."

Lol like some .said

I call em a cornerstore.....came in handy when you low on funds...heros 50cent sodas & quarter chips

Attachments

• IMG_20180902_160335.jpg
    IMG_20180902_160335.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20180902_154021.jpg
    IMG_20180902_154021.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom