"I'm not a big fan of Tracy McGrady -- as a person or as a player," - Amare

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

How is this a d-bag move?

So if any high school basketball player from Florida has questions about a career in the NBA, Amare Stoudemire or Tracy McGrady is obligated to give him advice and help him out?
laugh.gif

No ones obligated I suppose but how long would it have taken to talk to dude on the phone? true tmac was in his prime but I found this interesting cuz it just goes to show you that people never forget the time you give/don't give or how you treat them. I found this interesting.... there goes Amare to NY I suppose
Exactly..  Man you can't ever forget contempt, ever. 

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Both of them seem like douches, so I can't be surprised.

I've met Amare several times while i was living in Phoenix. And homie is not a douch at all.

I remember one time me and some buddies was at this nice lounge  at the Biltmore and i went to the bar and there was Amare. We talked for like 5 minutes and later that night he sent us over a real expensive bottle of wine.

TMac is another has been superstar who has a bunch of STAN fans here on NT who will support & defend him no matter what happens on or off the court and whatever team that player is playing on.

Add him and the following players: Allen Iverson, Penny Hardaway.

Originally Posted by Morethan1

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Both of them seem like douches, so I can't be surprised.

I've met Amare several times while i was living in Phoenix. And homie is not a douch at all.

I remember one time me and some buddies was at this nice lounge  at the Biltmore and i went to the bar and there was Amare. We talked for like 5 minutes and later that night he sent us over a real expensive bottle of wine.

heard the exact opposite about amare from folks in phx.

eitherway, Amare was lookin for advice, and didnt get it. It worked out in the end for him....

I used to hate on Tracy because I'm a Kobe fan and took offense to people making them rivals, but he won my respect as a person when I saw him discuss his financial planning. He is really smart with his money and knows how to use it to better his family's future. He's also humble. As a player, he seems kinda dickish, but now it's not even worth hating on cause he's had to overcome so many injuries. He should still be playing in all-star games and being part of the elite group of superstars. Doesn't look like he'll ever get back to that form and it's kinda sad.

Well hopefully there should be no reason for the knicks to even consider keeping McGrady unless they're getting him at the bare minimum, dude will forever have trashy knees.

Amare actin like hes a role model himself. I was at the mall one day and asked Amare for an autograph, ignored.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

How is this a d-bag move?

So if any high school basketball player from Florida has questions about a career in the NBA, Amare Stoudemire or Tracy McGrady is obligated to give him advice and help him out?
laugh.gif

No ones obligated I suppose but how long would it have taken to talk to dude on the phone? true tmac was in his prime but I found this interesting cuz it just goes to show you that people never forget the time you give/don't give or how you treat them. I found this interesting.... there goes Amare to NY I suppose

Yea, u make a really good point, all I"m saying is, there's hundreds, probably even thousands of high school basketball players in Florida right now that could use some advice about going to college. Just because T-Mac is from there, he's supposed to be everyone's guidance counselor? I'm from New York, I don't expect if I call Donald Trump right now he's going to give me career advice, and I won't catch feelings if he doesn't return my call...

That being said, we don't know the circumstances, and Amare was a top prospect so who knows if T-Mac was a friend of a friend who was supposed to return his call or something like that, I'm just surprised people expect help from other people just bc you're from the same hometown.

According to McGrady, they talked and he offered his advice. McGrady's trainer (or someone close to him) confirmed Tracy's story. So, somebody's lying ...

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Amare actin like hes a role model himself. I was at the mall one day and asked Amare for an autograph, ignored.
laugh.gif
is that why you changed your avy?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

http://www.hulu.com/watch/93512/3-points

McGrady a douch? Doubt it. Why would he care about some high school kid while he's got other stuff to worry about in the NBA?

great example champ. why would i care about dying kids in africa when i live in a big house and am rich? let me count my money instead of sending some over there to help....

yea thats not a smug douche....

Back
Top Bottom