I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Wr

As long as youn contine to attack religion for the actions of individual men, you're gonna be copying and pasting for the rest of your life bro...

Dude is the master of it.A separate question for putty. What's your theory of how us humans came to be?
Master of copy and paste? 

Lets say I stole every word I ever type on NT... does that make it less invalid? You all keep asking for sources of my arguments...does that make my arguments less valid? If hitler loved his mom does that make his love less invalid? I mean seriously. Judge the argument, not the context. 

but on the topic of "origin"...I think the evidence points to either something along the lines of abiogenesis or maybe even panspermia...

But do I really know?

Nope.

So I don't claim to know...

There are a bunch of theories out there that use what we know about the origin of certain elements, the energetic conformation of molecular orientations, the ratios of certain elements that exist and their percentages, the spontaneous formation of biological molecules we observe like in the Miller-Urey experiments... 

but we really don't know...we have more evidence of evolution than say creation...way more...in fact, there is evidence for spiderman than there is for creation....but thats besides the point.

We're getting into an epistemological context here...how much can we ever know?

I say all that to say that no one REALLY knows...all we have is evidence of gradual change...thats all we can judge. Its not to say thats ALL that ever happened but you can't assert something outside of what the evidence suggests because then you're just lying and making stuff up. 

Its the uncertainty of not knowing something that bothers you all.

Religion offers answers but it really doesn't provide a solution. 

The answers you've accepted by no way put you any closer to actually knowing how things work or how they're related to one another. 

You're too scared to say, "I don't know, but I'll try and figure it out."

Saying your god created things or is responsible for things eliminates the actual root of how things came to be or how events occur. 

On top of that, asserting that your god is responsible for something is essentially a guess. It answers nothing and offers nothing.

Lets say that creationism IS correct...how did it happen? By what method? What series of process were involved in that creation? You're back at square one again. 

If we see a dead person do we assume god did it? If that was the case we would never investigate any claim or inquiry and always be stuck never trying to understand things any further. 

You should ask yourself why religious people and organizations rail against evolution in the first place.

Is it because it challenges their power in their communities or is it because it conflicts with their notion of their god? 

I at least respect religious people who think evolution is the result of god starting the process...but they also neglect to insinuate how god was created then... 
laugh.gif
...down the rabbit hole we go... 

You're stuck trying to answer the same questions you thought you had answered by invoking your god as the answer. 

I suggest you watching a lecture Lawrence Krauss did entitled "A Universe from Nothing" ...it won't make you an atheist, nor will it try to convert you. It just expresses some of the conventional thinking scientists have arrived at in terms of the cosmos and their origins. What good is a talk about science if we can't talk about what science is currently looking at. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Tebow faces Brady next week, so i guess that will put everybody's arguments to rest
laugh.gif

New England's defense is dead last, but they put up points. If they can give themselves a 3 TD leeway they will win. 
nerd.gif

Unless Rob Gronkowski magically breaks his legs, and Brady magically fumbles at the goal line for a 100 yard defensive TD
nerd.gif

God did Marion Barber dirty
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I mean if Tebow leads the Broncos to a W this week.....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

It's just funny that their own books prove Islam is the truth. There's already an overwhelming amount of evidence (read my posts) but the cookie on top is that if these folks read their OWN books they would see what a distorted "revelation" (as are all other revelations because the Qu'ran as i've shown was the only one PERFECTLY preserved word for word) they have. Again, I don't post to convince anybody I know full well it's not up to me to change whats in people's hearts.

People throwing around the word "proof" too loosely these days. Have you ever spoken to a devout Christian from the bible belt about how he feels about Islam, he also has his own proofs of how Christianity is better than Islam. He uses the exact same reasoning you that you use.
If the Koran is a perfectly preserved word, that make it even worse. At least Christians could argue that the word of God used to be all good until it was corrupted by man, Muslims have no excuse for some of the filth that is written in the koran. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Tebow faces Brady next week, so i guess that will put everybody's arguments to rest
laugh.gif

New England's defense is dead last, but they put up points. If they can give themselves a 3 TD leeway they will win. 
nerd.gif

Unless Rob Gronkowski magically breaks his legs, and Brady magically fumbles at the goal line for a 100 yard defensive TD
nerd.gif

God did Marion Barber dirty
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I mean if Tebow leads the Broncos to a W this week.....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

tebowx-large.jpg

barber.gif

TEBOW-ENRAPTURED.gif

Isn't it funny, how a debate becomes less of a debate when one side clearly has the upper hand. That is all I've seen in this thread. Silly raises important questions, debunks several arguments with evidence and theists in their insecurity accuse him of "not playing fair".

I've NEVER seen any of these guys address a single point sillyputty has made.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

It's just funny that their own books prove Islam is the truth. There's already an overwhelming amount of evidence (read my posts) but the cookie on top is that if these folks read their OWN books they would see what a distorted "revelation" (as are all other revelations because the Qu'ran as i've shown was the only one PERFECTLY preserved word for word) they have. Again, I don't post to convince anybody I know full well it's not up to me to change whats in people's hearts.

People throwing around the word "proof" too loosely these days. Have you ever spoken to a devout Christian from the bible belt about how he feels about Islam, he also has his own proofs of how Christianity is better than Islam. He uses the exact same reasoning you that you use.
If the Koran is a perfectly preserved word, that make it even worse. At least Christians could argue that the word of God used to be all good until it was corrupted by man, Muslims have no excuse for some of the filth that is written in the koran. 
tkthafm,
We already went through this, but sorry to burst your bubble....But, Islam is no different. It is a rehash of pagan Arab religions, Christianity, and Judaism. Prophet Mohammed was a genius charismatic leader who was able to win the Arab populations. 

You will believe what you want...But, any religion that claims theirs is the ultimate truth are ignorant. It is as if they claim they KNOW it for sure. 

That is why I am agnostic, I do not believe in these man made religions, but I do not claim to know if a God (s) exists or not. I will never know and do not care to know. It is not relevant for me to find out. 

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

ahh yes, another religious debate on Niketalk, a shoe forum.

How appropriate.

I'mma go fire up a thread on Gingrich and Romney debate on a fantasy football forum, should be absolutely captivating.

G'day.
[h3]General[/h3][h4]Miscellaneous topics[/h4]
I would categorize religion topics under miscellaneous.

If your fantasy football forum has a General forum I would suggest you do exactly what you proposed. Could be interesting to see their points of view.

Originally Posted by Kramer

386305_2805271577997_1444873894_32989415_1922188227_n.jpg

Religion, the belief that something came from nothing and created everything. Makes perfect sense!!!!
Which is why these threads got old sooo long ago because nothing has been accomplished and we're just yelling at each other now

Religion, the belief that something came from nothing and created everything. Makes perfect sense!!!!
Which is why these threads got old sooo long ago because nothing has been accomplished and we're just yelling at each other now
Yea too bad you don't necessarily have to believe in the big bang to be an atheist/agnostic. I believe in the possibility of a creator, because as humans we are '"Gods"
 to "lesser creatures" and we create an manipulate life all the time.
Now as far as evolution goes, I do believe that. Some bits of that quote shows a lack of education imo. lol @ "self-replicating bits"..... science is a lot more complex than people like you will ever understand. If you think self replicating bits is complicated and unbelievable you would struggle with a lot of other scientific principles. Just stick to your "God did it" while people like us continue on our quest to understand our natural world one petri-dish at a time instead of taking the lazy way out and saying God did it to everything we don't understand.

reading this thread literally made my internet connection go down
roll.gif

now i gotta tether from my iphone
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

but nah sillyputty is dropping some knowledge, i look forward to his posts every time

keep it up homie!!
pimp.gif

World_religions_pie_chart.png

Everyone thinks they're right.  You don't have a better reason for being right than anybody else.  FACT

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
These two points perfectly summarize both sides of the argument and is spot on with the comparison I made.
This thread will never die
laugh.gif

And this is where the thread should be locked. There's is nowhere left to go from here.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
At the GOP and these tards they're rolling out to try and lead this country.

Everyone thinks they're right.  You don't have a better reason for being right than anybody else.  FACT

well, there is a population of people who are less wrong....

the population that doesnt assert to know the truth for sure...

they're certainly the least wrong...

everyone else has the potential to be COMPLETELY wrong...

by saying "i dont know" they cant ever be that wrong...

actually, you could argue they're more right than anyone else

cause its not based upon a ridiculous unfounded belief in something just because

you believe that you dont know because you dont know.

so, yeah.

atheism-motivation.jpg

surely-there-must-be-a-god-no-atheist-in-foxholes-or-crashin-demotivational-poster-1288261171.jpg

6313646427_81e057d7f9.jpg

omnipotent-makes-sense-357x500.jpg

2oeLV.jpg

epicurus_opt.jpg

EQ7ye.jpg

I don't get you all complaining "Nothing ever gets accomplished!" Does anyone's mind get changed in Kobe vs Lebron threads? You all are INCREDIBLY annoying when you do that. Let us talk or keep it moving. 

I answer every single question in here. 

Back
Top Bottom