I'm out the hood.

laugh.gif
Where they do that at? Not where I live, it's not even close. I can get a 3 or 4 bedroom in a bad neighborhood for under 500.

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

wouldnt it be a good thing if she grew up in your neighborhood though? like, it shaped you into the person you are today

i know you dont want her slacking off like one of those super sweet 16 brats
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Seriously? [/color]
indifferent.gif

i used to say i would never leave the hood, but once i got some money i was gone
laugh.gif

congrats man

congrats homie good to see you doing something better than settling for what you already have.

Originally Posted by derventa

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

My rent is getting too expensive, I'm thinking about moving into the hood.

Unless you live in subsidized housing, rent in the hood is more expensive as its usually closer to the city.
especially in Large cities like New York & Los Angeles,  it's kinda getting ridiculous out here in LA 

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

wouldnt it be a good thing if she grew up in your neighborhood though? like, it shaped you into the person you are today

i know you dont want her slacking off like one of those super sweet 16 brats
That's part of his job as a parent. I think it's especially good for kids to grow up in places OP described, except with parents who've been through the struggle. My neighborhood is relatively safe, it's not bougie, but definitely not the ghetto. Compared to where my dad lived in his childhood, it keeps things in perspective for me....

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Congrats, man. Nobody wants to be around [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ignorant people and a bunch of criminals[/color]. One of the last places you want a child to be raised. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hoodrats, drug-dealers, dudes who victimize people just for the hell of it, children getting involved in illegal activity[/color], etc. Absolutely not a place for a child, or any human, actually.

Riggghhttttt...because the type of people and the various activities you just described are exclusive to the "hood" milieu...
eyes.gif

You've got a lot of learning to do if that's your mentality.

They have Chipotle's in your neighborhood? It can't be that bad then, because Chipotle as a company is very picky about location.

Congrats, though.

Made the same choice a year ago, I'm only 18 but I've seen it all and been through it all, I can't say I don't miss it and miss that life but it's time to grow up, I for damn sure ain't gunna end up like everyone else in the hood.
But the good thing about bein' out here..we don't hear no gunshots, no helicopters. No police, no crackheads, no chicken heads, no nothin'. Just clean, fresh air. Just smell. Smell good, huh? Taste good. Taste the air.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well here are somethings you will see when you are really situated in your suburb...

Racism: It just a time bomb till someone calls your daughter the N word at school.
Sex Offenders: Dont think the hood has them check your neighborhood out for predators.
DRUGS: Suburb drugs > hood drugs....

^Word up.Don't let your guard down out there either my man.Good luck with everything.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Congrats, man. Nobody wants to be around [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ignorant people and a bunch of criminals[/color]. One of the last places you want a child to be raised. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hoodrats, drug-dealers, dudes who victimize people just for the hell of it, children getting involved in illegal activity[/color], etc. Absolutely not a place for a child, or any human, actually.
Riggghhttttt...because the type of people and the various activities you just described are exclusive to the "hood" milieu...
eyes.gif

You've got a lot of learning to do if that's your mentality.

Obviously, they aren't exclusive to the hood, but it's no secret that those activities are more prevalent in those crappy areas.

congrats
my parents moved me and my little bro out the hood a few years ago
i was already 16 though a junior in HS, now im 19 and in college, I was old enough to know about everything going on around me
the hood is a coo place but it gets old after a while, i was getting hit up like everywhere talkin about what i claimed. smh
smh.gif

i didnt bang, i never got into all of that
not just that, i saw the neighborhood turn from an alright place to live, to a gang infested area.
when my people decided to move to texas, i was like whatever, im down. though i do miss my hood, and wish i could have graduated with all my friends and i miss all my cali homegirls which i do visit when im out there
devil.gif
schooling where i now live is much better. and deff a better place to raise a fam

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Things I will not miss about previous environments:
gunfire
police helicopters/searchlights
random house fires/arson
people breaking into your car to see if there's anything worth stealing
"Don't be a snitch." (I'm a snitch, MFer.  Come get some.)
home break-ins
ignorant people ruining community property just because it's there
everyone smoking
people trying to order half a burrito at Chipotle (yes, really)
seven adults, two children, and a dog living in two bedroom apartments
no money for milk or vegetables, but we got money for cigarettes and Coogie clothes
every car being either a broke-#!! POS with a garbage bag taped over one window or a Chrysler 300 on 22's
people driving their damn cars through yards because they're too lazy to carry in shopping bags
doors and windows with bars on them
places with boarded up windows and satellite dishes
people stealing everything that isn't bolted down (i.e. a vegetable garden?!?)
Mom & pop grocery stores selling loosies to kids, charging a $1.50 for a can of generic pop, and selling Twinkies and batteries one at a time.
grown dudes looking at 13 year old girls like Sylvester looks at Tweety
people believing everything is a conspiracy (the food, the water, the economy, AIDS, vaccines, diabetes, etc.)

That list and that last statement in particular says a lot about you.  

Back
Top Bottom