I'm out the hood.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Things I will not miss about previous environments:
gunfire
police helicopters/searchlights
random house fires/arson
people breaking into your car to see if there's anything worth stealing
"Don't be a snitch." (I'm a snitch, MFer.  Come get some.)
home break-ins
ignorant people ruining community property just because it's there
everyone smoking
people trying to order half a burrito at Chipotle (yes, really)
seven adults, two children, and a dog living in two bedroom apartments
no money for milk or vegetables, but we got money for cigarettes and Coogie clothes
every car being either a broke-#!! POS with a garbage bag taped over one window or a Chrysler 300 on 22's
people driving their damn cars through yards because they're too lazy to carry in shopping bags
doors and windows with bars on them
places with boarded up windows and satellite dishes
people stealing everything that isn't bolted down (i.e. a vegetable garden?!?)
Mom & pop grocery stores selling loosies to kids, charging a $1.50 for a can of generic pop, and selling Twinkies and batteries one at a time.
grown dudes looking at 13 year old girls like Sylvester looks at Tweety
people believing everything is a conspiracy (the food, the water, the economy, AIDS, vaccines, diabetes, etc.)

That list and that last statement in particular says a lot about you.  

i thought i was the only one who seen this as a bashing of some kind

why should a list of things other people do be on your list of things u wont miss

nowhere in your list did i see anything about education for your daughter, you just listed a bunch of things people do that should have no affect on you

at this point of the post, this is where people start to dissect everything the OP said and make comments about his supposed reasoning for being proud of his current doings.

Soon will follow the people who will try to disprove any and all of his statements

Then people will try to prove that dude never even lived in the hood and he was just making a joke about what he thinks the hood is stereotypically like.

OP do your thing

Originally Posted by FedExciter

why should a list of things other people do be on your list of things u wont miss

nowhere in your list did i see anything about education for your daughter, you just listed a bunch of things people do that should have no affect on you
That's not bashing, he's just speaking on the vile things he has seen while living in that area. How should the things he listed not have an affect on an individual, if those things are a huge part of the environment?

He didn't put anything about his daughter's education in his list, but he did mention the quality of the schools and libraries in his area, in his second paragraph.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Congrats, man. Nobody wants to be around [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ignorant people and a bunch of criminals[/color]. One of the last places you want a child to be raised. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hoodrats, drug-dealers, dudes who victimize people just for the hell of it, children getting involved in illegal activity[/color], etc. Absolutely not a place for a child, or any human, actually.
Riggghhttttt...because the type of people and the various activities you just described are exclusive to the "hood" milieu...
eyes.gif

You've got a lot of learning to do if that's your mentality.
Obviously, they aren't exclusive to the hood, but it's no secret that those activities are more prevalent in those crappy areas.
REMEMBER, according to NT general Hoodrat is a secret term for only black girls
therefore you're racist, if you're black, you're a closet racist, and if you're a raceless superior being, you dont even exist
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Is your character linked with sports?"
"Is your character dark skinned?"
"Is your player linked with basketball?"
smh.gif
smh.gif

But it guessed Ladainian Tomlinson correctly.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's not bashing, he's just speaking on the vile things he has seen while living in that area. How should the things he listed not have an affect on an individual, if those things are a huge part of the environment?

He didn't put anything about his daughter's education in his list, but he did mention the quality of the schools and libraries in his area, in his second paragraph.

i feel you and much respect to dude for making it out the hood but whats so vile about people driving pos cars because thats all they can afford?

whats so vile about someone ordering a half burito because they are hungry and probably working and want something to eat on lunch but only have a few dollars?

i mean home break ins,arson, car break ins, those things arent just exclusive to the hood...but hey,congradulations and good luck trying to fit in.

i feel you and much respect to dude for making it out the hood but whats so vile about people driving pos cars because thats all they can afford?

whats so vile about someone ordering a half burito because they are hungry and probably working and want something to eat on lunch but only have a few dollars?

i mean home break ins,arson, car break ins, those things arent just exclusive to the hood...but hey,congradulations and good luck trying to fit in.
eyes.gif

sorry my dude
my parents moved out the hood, I still cant sleep without a radio to replace the bumfights and buzz of broken streetlights.
but the truth is most of the people in the hood deserve to stay there.
the POS cars arent even the problem, he said "on 22s", thats what the problem is... they spent $ on wheels rather than fixing their window or saving up for the rainy day when their window gets broken in.

see where hes going with this?

its like saying, awww this dude is homeless, he deserves my change... no, some homeless people have places to go but refuse to give up drugs and alcohol to goto these places.

Congrats man I know the feeling of only wanting the best for your family because I have a young son myself and I want the same for him. With that said I think you should know just because you live in suburbia it doesn't mean your family is 100 percent safe.

I've lived in montgomery county, md my most of my life and it is one of the wealthiest counties in the country. Our school system is in among the best in the country with all of our high schools ranking in the top 500 out of 26000 including 5 in the top 100.

With that said there is still drug dealing, stabbings, murders, rapes, etc. here. Sure they're less here than in the hood but it still happens enough that you should be concerned about protecting your family.

You should especially be precautious about where your daughter goes to high school cuz thats where she is exposed to a lot of this stuff. I suggest you research the schools in your area. Check for graduation percentage, SAT Scores, AP + IB scores, etc.

Anyway good luck to you and your family.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eyes.gif

sorry my dude
my parents moved out the hood, I still cant sleep without a radio to replace the bumfights and buzz of broken streetlights.
but the truth is most of the people in the hood deserve to stay there.
the POS cars arent even the problem, he said "on 22s", thats what the problem is... they spent $ on wheels rather than fixing their window or saving up for the rainy day when their window gets broken in.

see where hes going with this?

its like saying, awww this dude is homeless, he deserves my change... no, some homeless people have places to go but refuse to give up drugs and alcohol to goto these places.

i see what u sayin and i see what he sayin too...to a point

but he did say people driving pos cars OR 300's with rims

i guess i look at it diffrent because i grew up in the hood then when i was about 16 my parents had a come up and moved from bushwick to connecticut

then when i moved out my parents house i went back to the hood thats what i could afford. and me living on both sides of the fence i'll tell you that the burbs and the hood both have their hangups
especially as an urban family moving into a suburban area...but like i said good luck homie

Fit in? Fit in with whom? You picked a few instances out of the list to question and make it look as if I was exaggerating the magnitude of the lewd acts he listed. A majority of the things he listed are vile acts; to me, at least. I'mnot sure what would count as just another day for some of you. And again, of course, those acts aren't exclusive to certain areas, but they are natural occurrences in the hood.

Fit in? Fit in with whom? You picked a few instances out of the list to question and make it look as if I was exaggerating the magnitude of the lewd acts he listed. A majority of the things he listed are vile acts; to me, at least. I'm not sure what would count as just another day for some of you. And again, of course, those acts aren't exclusive to certain areas, but they are natural occurrences in the hood.

son....i wasnt talkin to you in the last part of that,why would i congradulate you? i was talkin to homeboy,slow down and try to comprehend what youre reading next time

Congrats, man. Nobody wants to be around [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ignorant people and a bunch of criminals[/color]. One of the last places you want a child to be raised. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hoodrats, drug-dealers, dudes who victimize people just for the hell of it, children getting involved in illegal activity[/color], etc. Absolutely not a place for a child, or any human, actually.

Riggghhttttt...because the type of people and the various activities you just described are exclusive to the "hood" milieu...
eyes.gif

and youve got a lot of learning to do on the concept of property values.

I moved with my wiz and seed out the hood too, but I'm not gone lie it's NUFF B.S that goes on in the burbs, not as blatant but it's definetly here.

Boredom is one of the main reasons why suburban kids get into trouble. My friends and I got in a lot of trouble because we were basically bored and a lot of energy that we were not using in positive ways.

Make sure you let your daughter try out a variety of different activities until she finds one that she really likes.

Major props Boilermaker X. Anyone wanna go half with me on the chipotle burrito? LOL

eyes.gif

Obviously, they aren't exclusive to the hood, but it's no secret that those activities are more prevalent in those crappy areas.

If you seriously believe that "those activities are more prevalent in those crappy areas", then I'm fully convinced that you do, indeed, have a lot of learning to do.

But then again, what do you care? You seem to be the type (though I could be wrong) that doggedly sticks to his opinions, irrespective of how inaccurate (and possibly biased) they may--word to the gross generalizations, based off the activities of a few, you just ascribed to whole communities of people/individuals.

Back
Top Bottom