In the NBA-- Hibbert or Oden?

since both will be starting their first pro years next year... who do you all think will have a better chance at succeeding and why?

i pick Hibbert. i don't know what it was, but i was never sold on Oden. and Hibbert has that sweet jump-hook.

I don't believe Hibbert will succeed in the NBA. I may be wrong, but he reminds me of Sheldon Williams from Duke, where both are good players in college,but eventually will struggle in the pros.

Oden, hands down. It's not even close.

Roy is too slow and unathletic to be real successful in the L, IMO... He's not quick, at all. He's not explosive. I really think he's gonnastruggle early on...

Admittedly though, I'm not a big fan of Hibbert's.

Every single time I've watched Hibbert, I always ask myself "why is everyone making a big deal over this guy?"

I don't see the big deal in Hibbert. People get all hype about his size, but he's slow and has no explosiveness. Oden is the complete opposite.He's active on both ends, can jump with the best of them, and attacks the basket. His game is made for the L.

This question is
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hibbert had 6 damn points in the loss against Davidson. The guy that guarded him is 6'7.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Hibbert= Michael Olowokandi?
Explain the similarities and then you can say that you made a point. Other than the fact they're both tall and black...there are not even anySLIGHT similarities between the two.

As for the question...Oden SHOULD have a better career than him. His body is better suited for the league and he's a beast on D. The only thing Roy hasover Oden is his basketball IQ and he is be more skilled offensively. Roy can stroke the mid range jumper....he's got post moves and he can pass the ball.Mentally he doesnt seem to understand how good he can be....and I don't know if he ever will. For his size...he's not a great shot blocker and willdefinitely be on the receiving end on many posters in the L.

The main thing you hear about Roy is that he's "slow and nonathletic". Obviously, nobody is going to see him trailing guards on the fastbreak...but he's CLEARLY shown that he can at least get up and down the floor at a decent rate for someone his size. It's not like he's KennyGeorge out there. As for his athleticism...how many people have we seen in the NBA thats 7'2 or taller and is advanced athletically? Not many. Roy'sbiggest attribute is that he's skilled enough to hold his own in the L. Nobody will ever mistake Ilgauskas as being a premium athlete but he's made adecent living in the L hasn't he?

So while I think Oden might have a better career than Roy...I do not believe he'll be this "great" center that everyone is plugging him to be.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

This question is
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hibbert had 6 damn points in the loss against Davidson. The guy that guarded him is 6'7.

Granted he didn't exactly help the cause...but explain to me what he's supposed to do if he's in foul trouble all game and he has guards thatcan't get the ball to him. The fact that he was 3 for 3 should tell you something. It's not like Davidson "stopped" him.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

This question is
roll.gif
roll.gif

Granted he didn't exactly help the cause...but explain to me what he's supposed to do if he's in foul trouble all game and he has guards that can't get the ball to him. The fact that he was 3 for 3 should tell you something. It's not like Davidson "stopped" him.

Roy Hibbert has been a non-factor in one too many games for my tastes. Oden in one year, with his strong hand in a cast, as a freshman wowed me 100 timesmore than Hibbert's entire college career.

This question is
roll.gif
roll.gif

Granted he didn't exactly help the cause...but explain to me what he's supposed to do if he's in foul trouble all game and he has guards that can't get the ball to him. The fact that he was 3 for 3 should tell you something. It's not like Davidson "stopped" him.

Roy Hibbert has been a non-factor in one too many games for my tastes. Oden in one year, with his strong hand in a cast, as a freshman wowed me 100 times more than Hibbert's entire college career.

Of course he did...everybody loves the super athlete. Greg was fun to watch...he dunked everything and swatted the ball to the stands every game. Roydoesn't have a "wow" game and Georgetown does not play a "wow" game.

This question is
roll.gif
roll.gif

Roy Hibbert has been a non-factor in one too many games for my tastes. Oden in one year, with his strong hand in a cast, as a freshman wowed me 100 times more than Hibbert's entire college career.

Of course he did...everybody loves the super athlete. Greg was fun to watch...he dunked everything and swatted the ball to the stands every game. Roy doesn't have a "wow" game and Georgetown does not play a "wow" game.

That's Hibbert's only saving grace, G-town's motion offense. Thompson was a damn fool for having Hibbert touch the ball around the three pointline. So we'll see what happens when he gets real coaching. He doesn't have any sort of passion or fire in his belly though, or at least I haven'tseen it.

Back
Top Bottom