Information Technology (IT)

Going to leave my GS position to get into a Cloud Application Architect role with a contractor. Making a lot more money and the scalability will be nice
Just applied to a cloud position as well for another contractor company.
Which baseline do you have? AWS or Azure?

fo76qwzpw9f91.jpg

Anybody familiar with Palo Alto firewalls? It’s a requirement in my class and they gave us a free voucher so I’ll be taking the certificate in a few weeks.

Failed my A+ today by 5 questions :smh:
**** printers

It was harder than I thought.. i was fairly confident going into it. I don’t even know what I need to review. Did Meyers’s course maybe I’ll do prof. Messer before trying again

Last edited:
Lady hit me up about _a 70/hr fully remote sysadmin, contract was only 2 months with the ability to extend but now she ghosting me. I need that.

Her name is Christian Woodcock from Eliassen if anybody want to add her to their linkedin then hit her and see if she has anything. Pm me and I’ll tell you my real name you can say your friend passed it along to you, thought it might be a good fit. I hope shes just off today and comes back to your boy, but if not and another nter got it id be 99% as happy

tay1 tay1 literally not even a whole day. I replied on linkedin and sent her an email and crickets. Got me all worked up for nothing

Failed my A+ today by 5 questions :smh:
**** printers

It was harder than I thought.. i was fairly confident going into it. I don’t even know what I need to review. Did Meyers’s course maybe I’ll do prof. Messer before trying again

1001 or 1002?

Printer questions are annoying AF.

A+ is def harder than what it was in the earlier days. The amount of content you need to study is a lot.

Also, do Jason Dion's practice exams. They helped me a lot and he goes over the pbq

70 an hr is nowhere near market rate. Its for one of the top health care companies in the nation. She put interviewing now so its possible somebody afyer sending me the email they loved so much. Interviewed for a fully remote Windows SA for Regis University in Denver too through a recruiting company. Am used to the Government space but their offer would put me close to 6 figures if it comes through which is amazing for OkC (im bout to move to a 3 bed 2.5 bath quad with 1195 rent)

Maybe in that part of the country, here even 100k is a lot for a Windows Sys Admin I dont think I know any who make that. I was on aNother very short term migration contract and it was also a definitive overpay due to the increased risk of taking such a short contract, through NCI, and the most sr guy were around 90 only for it all to and we had to drop back to like mid to high 60s at the time

The rest of the current team I am on is in Leesburg, VA so I am sure they are all deep in 6 figures while I can take 85 and still be happy about it. Getting tons of really good vmware experience rebuilding our environment from scratch, need to rewrite my resume to add or highlight that

Theres an opportunity at Boeing though at Tinker AFB (OKC) that will do 104k if someone wants it. I been passing it up for months because I dont think Ill like working there based on interviewing there a few years go, just vibes, but man thats a lot of money. Its on site

Last edited:
1001 or 1002?

Printer questions are annoying AF.

A+ is def harder than what it was in the earlier days. The amount of content you need to study is a lot.

Also, do Jason Dion's practice exams. They helped me a lot and he goes over the pbq
Now that it’s been a few hours and I’m not as upset I know what I gotta study. I was decently confident going in but I quickly realized it was definitely harder than I anticipated :lol: it ended up being pretty much what I was worried about though
Mostly details about networking, remembering ports, troubleshooting printers

I have some of those practice tests but I never finished one. Gonna do a few

Taking the weekend off then I wanna study and take the test again asap

They are updating the A+ in October so I gotta pass both parts by then

Lady hit me up about _a 70/hr fully remote sysadmin, contract was only 2 months with the ability to extend but now she ghosting me. I need that.
Hate that ish. Last week had a recruiter all on my ****. He said it was between me and another dude they’d decide to go with. Fast forward this week he didn’t even have the decency to tell me they picked the other guy. Ignored my email and everything. F that guy.

This explains why Google's messaging/video apps are a mess

Fools replace perfectly working ones with trash new ones so they can keep their jobs
I feel like they've gone from G Chat to Hangouts/*insert other random chat name here* and back to G Chat more than a handful of times over the past 10-15 years.

You better get that money fam, they nay have reached out to you bedore they had the contract, just wanted to have resumes and tentative employees in hand to strengthen their bid, happens all the time. September is the fiscal yr end for Government so it’d make perfect sense the timing

You better get that money fam, they nay have reached out to you bedore they had the contract, just wanted to have resumes and tentative employees in hand to strengthen their bid, happens all the time. September is the fiscal yr end for Government so it’d make perfect sense the timing
Nah that position isn’t something I still want to do. I already have something in the works for next month.

Back
Top Bottom