Inside South Korea's Dog Meat Trade

Did you see that picture of the dog trying to escape??

Ever seen a cow try to escape? Major difference between cows and dogs
Once again, everything comes down to your personal perception.

Assuming you live in the US, you've been conditioned to view dogs as pets, not food. The idea of dogs being slaughtered in this manner disgust you.

Where they live, they largely don't view dogs as pets but as a source of food. They have not been conditioned to view dogs as pets, therefore they shed no tears and give no dambs. 

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Did you see that picture of the dog trying to escape??

Ever seen a cow try to escape? Major difference between cows and dogs
roll.gif

We dont throw cows into tiny little cages and leave them no room to roam. Even pigs have more area to atleast roam before they are slaughtered. Their culture is different yes, but damn using former PETS as meat? Also the way they are packed into cages and thrown from trucks. Reckless type of people there. No remorse at all.

Agreed with everything except most Koreans dont eat dogs nor do they see them as food.

It's a very few that do.
Just using them as an example.

All I really know about Korea is the Indo-China war and never go to N. Korea
laugh.gif

dogs are closer to humans. they have adapted to humans more then any other animal.

EDIT:

people saying asians don't view dogs as pets, you do know that dogs were domesticated first in asia right?

Last edited:
What do you expect people to treat a food source? You want them to give them more room to run around, wine and dine? The way pigs, chickens, and cows are slaughtered are little to no different. Take a trip to a local live poultry shop or work in a truck that deliver whole pigs. Same process, same treatment.

Given our culture, slap some commentary on some photos that are geared and meant to rustle our jimmies; and yes its bad. But we consume animals that are holy in other parts of the world too. We are on a sneaker forum; a ton of our shoes are made with the skin of a animal. Where and how do we draw the line? Killing is killing, nothing humane about it. Eat your meat and wear your shoes; you're not making a difference either.

Culture.

We dont throw cows into tiny little cages and leave them no room to roam. Even pigs have more area to atleast roam before they are slaughtered. Their culture is different yes, but damn using former PETS as meat? Also the way they are packed into cages and thrown from trucks. Reckless type of people there. No remorse at all.

View media item 432200
cows/chicken/pigs get treated almost as bad in the u.s.

w.e i dont even like dogs, dont really care

I have no problem with them eating dogs what I do have a problem with is how they treat them before they are killed and how they slaughter them. It seems like theyre being cruel for no reason what so ever.

I only feel sorry because I live in a society in which dogs are treated as companions. I'm sure they're disgusted at us how we treat dogs like humans and our spending on them. Different cultures, we got to accept that it's different there. I do think it's a waste of an smart animal that can be beneficial.

I do however hate when people kill endangered species for dumb ****, (tiger bones viewed as magical, Eradication, human encroachment, etc.).

yes this is way too real, last year I was stationed in korea and one side of the base is right next to a dog slaughterhouse.........it smelled like burnt puppies on tuesdays and thursdays and the dogs would be the rowdiest on those days like they know whats gonna happen

yes this is way too real, last year I was stationed in korea and one side of the base is right next to a dog slaughterhouse.........it smelled like burnt puppies on tuesdays and thursdays and the dogs would be the rowdiest on those days like they know whats gonna happen

What does a burned puppy smell like?

how widespread is this practice in korea? i always thought this was sort of like a delicacy thing thats eaten rarely by a minority of the population

The dog is a mans best friend dogs have been pets for thousand of years can't compare having a pig as a pet to a dog as a pet

Tell that to her

I thought it was well known that pigs are considerably smarter than dogs. Research rates a pigs intelligence to be on par with a chimpanzee. A group of pigs in a study by Penn State was even able to maneuver a joystick to move a cursor on a video monitor. :lol:
Domesticated pigs can be trained to perform tricks, they learn from mistakes quickly, and show compassion/empathy for their owners just like domesticated dogs.

http://thecollegianur.com/2010/09/09/animal-intelligence-what-they-know-and-you-don’t/13120/

We have an unhealthy obsession with dogs in this country. Most people don't really grasp the fact that they're just animals. That doesn't mean they should be slaughtered just for the heck of it but in reality if **** hits the fan they are a meal. Shrug

Way too many devil's advocates around here

Dogs been documented to be man's best friend since the Roman Empire, probably before even way before that...

Broken record but human beings are the worst species on the planet. Deliberately causing these dogs pain and suffering for some stupid "belief" that it will be better for the consumer? LOL. What a joke, these traits are disgusting. There needs to be an animal task force that has the jurisdiction to stop caveman activities like this. Including use of firearms.

Back
Top Bottom