Introverts vs. Extraverts

eek.gif
that introvert section COMPLETELY described me

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Guys, Introvert does not mean loner.......
not at all but alot of loners are introverted. Some loners are just independent extraverts

Originally Posted by :nerd:ne7

Im not reading that but i was textin this girl the other day, and she said im such an introvert like 2 times. She was 14 if it matters but shes really mature for her age

what you doing texting a 14 year old
laugh.gif

I read the whole thing and I identify more with the description of an introvert. I'm not anti-social but I prefer being with myself or just my close circleof friends.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Im smack dab in the middle.

[h3]Ambiversion[/h3]
Although many people view being introverted or extraverted as a question with only two possible answers, most contemporary trait theories (e.g. the Big Five) measure levels of extraversion-introversion as part of a single, continuous dimension of personality, with some scores near one end, and others near the half-way mark.[sup][7][/sup]Ambiversion is a term used to describe people who fall more or less directly in the middle and exhibit tendencies of both groups.[sup][3][/sup][sup][8][/sup] An ambivert is normally comfortable with groups and enjoys social interaction, but also relishes time alone and away from the crowd
pimp.gif

Sounds like me.

I'm pretty sure many people live on a sliding scale.. sometimes shy, sometimes outgoing.. sometimes wanting to be in the company of other, sometimeswanting to be alone..

In terms of extravert and introvert, I was extraverted as a child and grew introverted as a teenager. Both was quite natural, not forced upon me or theimmediate result of outer conflicts; but looking back now as an adult, I can clearly see that I grow extraverted among people who are more on the introvertedside, and stay introverted or a bit reserved when with more extraverted guys. This doesn't bother me at all, it's not acting this or that, its justnatural to me, it seems, and on the contrary I like being able to manifest both personalities from time to time.

Word.. to introverts.

Don't really like hanging out in big social groups.. I sometimes like working/studying by myself.. alone time is good.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Chris Rock is an introvert?
eyes.gif

Being an introvert ftw
pimp.gif
Most comedians are introverted. Dave Chapelle and Richard Pryor are introverts too.

Alot of people who have drug/alcohol problems usually rely on substances too deal with the public and cure social anxieties. Not every introvert has socialanxieties tho. Like stated before most introverts choose to be loners by choice not fear.

damn never thought of mike Jordan as an introvert especially with all those drunk photos constantly being posted on here.

i consider myself to be an introvert.
anyone else think introverts have better public speaking abilities than extraverts? I remember in english we had to give a public speaking project and all thekids who are usually quiet did very well, while alot of the kids who were very social and always talking gave bad speeches or did speak at all.

Just a thought being thrown out

OP doesn't present much of an objective outlook on both personality types; needs to be less biased based on what you happen to be

Back
Top Bottom