Is it just me or Chris Paul plays cheap?

Julius Hodge made a comment about CP's deceased grandpa....i'd punch any of you in the balls for commenting on my grandpa...
laugh.gif
...that sack jab is excused

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Julius Hodge made a comment about CP's deceased grandpa....i'd punch any of you in the balls for commenting on my grandpa...
laugh.gif
...that sack jab is excused
yep that is fact...i remember talking to chris that next week...dude deserved it

Originally Posted by CP1708

Paul is a damn stud. Truly great PG and a joy to watch play the game except for one thing.

The dude is one of the floppiest, whiniest, guys on the court I have ever seen.

And everytime I see him dribble INTO players that are behind him or near him, I wish they would just punch him in the face so he'll stop doing it.

How the hell can a player as fast as Paul be in the OPEN court, in front, slow down to initiate contact with a guy merely running down the floor to get to his man, and either get the foul called, or scream at the ref for not calling the foul?

That to me is bush, and hopefully someday someone corrects him for it, and then I will have zero anything to say negative about the kid.
pimp.gif
QFT.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

As far as your issue is concerned, the only ways an NBA player can play physical and cheat is to be known for flopping (Manu, Vlade, Fisher) or just play dirty (Bowen, Manu). Paul is nowhere close to either of those; he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty, so I've got no problem with how physical he plays.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

flopping at its finest

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I just know I would hate playing against him...he plays like a little brat out there. But, that is part of what makes him so good.

i think he said it best. he's a brat. he just looks like the kind of guy that would throw temper tantrums if he didn't get his way. even at his age.plus, hitting a guy in the nuts is just cheap and cowardly. with that being said, the guy really is an amazing talent. would i want him on my team? sure. overtony parker? never.

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I just know I would hate playing against him...he plays like a little brat out there. But, that is part of what makes him so good.

i think he said it best. he's a brat. he just looks like the kind of guy that would throw temper tantrums if he didn't get his way. even at his age. plus, hitting a guy in the nuts is just cheap and cowardly. with that being said, the guy really is an amazing talent. would i want him on my team? sure. over tony parker? never.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Paul is a damn stud. Truly great PG and a joy to watch play the game except for one thing.

The dude is one of the floppiest, whiniest, guys on the court I have ever seen.

And everytime I see him dribble INTO players that are behind him or near him, I wish they would just punch him in the face so he'll stop doing it.

How the hell can a player as fast as Paul be in the OPEN court, in front, slow down to initiate contact with a guy merely running down the floor to get to his man, and either get the foul called, or scream at the ref for not calling the foul?

That to me is bush, and hopefully someday someone corrects him for it, and then I will have zero anything to say negative about the kid.
pimp.gif

I agree word for word. I was at a Celtics-Hornets game when CP tried to do that move to Rondo, but RR saw it coming and dodged him. CP went down anyway andlost the ball out of bounds and got up screaming at the ref. I was like... come on man, you're too good for that. You're not fooling anyone.
laugh.gif

And of course I'd want him on my team, but so would anyone with any basketball knowledge. I don't really see how that's relevant.

Chris Paul got game but something about him make me doesn't want to play with him . He seem to have this floor general, little man symptom.

its funny earlier this season at Staples he got in Fisher's face and called him a flopper

and I was thinking What The Heck! Chris Paul is the biggest flopper in the game.

its pretty sad and he loses respect by playing like that, as a superstar he shouldnt do that to get an advantage, his game is good enough

Chris Paul doesn't play dirty a lot.

Chris Paul doesn't flop a lot.

There.

The thing you stubborn, hard-headed knuckleheads refuse to see (because REASONING is lost when some of you debate with me, and you choose instead to makethings a nit-picky matter of semantics and literal translations of colloquialisms) is that I WAS EXPLAINING THE SAME THING YOU WANTED ME TO SAY.
laugh.gif

'Chris Paul doesn't flop' does NOT mean 'Chris Paul never, EVER flops.' I SAID THAT. So if I'm saying that it doesn't meanhe never flops, then I must be saying that he does sometimes, but not a ton, not enough to be known as a flopper.

I said that the statement 'Chris Paul doesn't play dirty' does not at ALL mean 'Chris Paul never, EVER plays dirty' I SAID that itdoesn't mean that. I said that. I explained that already. So if I'm explaining the meaning thee, then anyone with logic and reason could deduce that Imust mean that he does play dirty sometimes, but not enough to be labeled... LABELED... a dirty player.

Bruce Bowen play dirty. Does that mean 100% of the time? NO!!!

Chris Paul doesn't play dirty. Does that 0% of the time? NOO!!!

Freaking immature clowns.
laugh.gif

You want to sit here and say 'Well you could have just said...', but all that does is show that you wanted something specific from me. That'simmature beyond measure when it comes to a debate.
laugh.gif
I wanted you to reason; you wanted me to say something specific, and my explanation which was in thesame infield as your desired specific statement wasn't good enough.

roll.gif

And that's exactly why I quit last night; some of you... a LOT of you on this forum can't be reasoned with. You're after something specific, andreasoning for an understanding is not good enough; 'I want what I want and I won't stop until I get it' is your mission in debates, which is (as Isaid) completely immature in debates.

What YOU could have said, Mr. NT OG, is something along the lines of 'Ah, so by explaining that you are not saying Chris Paul never plays dirty,you are saying that sometimes he doess. Fair enough. Good day.'

That would have shown you have some sense of logic and reasoning about you.
laugh.gif

^ Still with the unending maturity.
laugh.gif

"I'm not going to rea what you're saying or listen at all (like a little kid plugging their ears), but I'm going to throw a jab out therebased on what I think of you, not of what you're saying."

roll.gif

Grow up, dude.
CP1708:
23ska909red02:
colloquialisms

Little help here?
A phrase common to a specific group or region. 'Hella' would be a colloquialism. That's associated more with the Bay area; sure peoplewho have nothing to do with the Bay area say 'hella', but it's mostly associated as a Bay area thing. 'Hella' is a colloquialism, specificto the Bay area.

'And one!' would be a basketball colloquialism. It has a meaning in basketball that's different than how it would generally be used outside ofbasketball. Maybe someone outside of basketball could be counting down something and get to 'And three... and two... and one! Let's finish this lastone and get out here, boys!' But in basketball, 'and one' has a specific meaning; it's a colloquialism specific to basketball.

I didn't read a word of what ska typed, but my gut instinct is it is along the lines of how his reasoning is always right, and us peasants are wrong.

Ska stay in arguments over absolutely nothing.....when both parties are saying the same thing
roll.gif

Anywho...he does..and him being a top 5 player has nothing to do with it....why it was even brought up is beyond me. EVERY superstar does something to getcheap calls.

"I'm not going to rea what you're saying or listen at all (like a little kid plugging their ears), but I'm going to throw a jab out there based on what I think of you, not of what you're saying."

that's funny...especially since I made #1 on your list on the first page saying since I have an Artest avy, I shouldn't be able to make a comment aboutanother player being "dirty."

Good one, Ska.

And still more maturity.

laugh.gif

#1. How is 'If you have an Artest avy, you really shouldn't be saying someone else plays dirty' a jab at you... YOU?

#2. AT LEAST I READ WHAT YOU WROTE BEFORE COMMENTING.
laugh.gif
I didn't pull some immature clown tactic of 'I'm not going to read what you wrote,DoubleJs, but I'm going to comment on what you probably said.'

It would take a certain amount of maturity and reason for you to just realize those two things, man. I didn't say anything about YOU (you saying that Ithink I'm always right is about ME; me saying you have an Artest avy and joking that you really shouldn't be calling another player dirty is not aboutYOU), and I did read what you said before joking about you not being able to comment on another player's dirty tactics.

It's disappointing knowing... KNOWING... that you're going to find some way to avoid those two things.
ohwell.gif
I didn't say anything against you. I readwhat you wrote. You're not going to admit that you were wrong for saying something against me, or for not reading what I wrote but throwing a jab at meanyways. Bye.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And still more maturity.

laugh.gif

#1. How is 'If you have an Artest avy, you really shouldn't be saying someone else plays dirty' a jab at you... YOU?

#2. AT LEAST I READ WHAT YOU WROTE BEFORE COMMENTING.
laugh.gif
I didn't pull some immature clown tactic of 'I'm not going to read what you wrote, DoubleJs, but I'm going to comment on what you probably said.'

It would take a certain amount of maturity and reason for you to just realize those two things, man. I didn't say anything about YOU (you saying that I think I'm always right is about ME; me saying you have an Artest avy and joking that you really shouldn't be calling another player dirty is not about YOU), and I did read what you said before joking about you not being able to comment on another player's dirty tactics.

It's disappointing knowing... KNOWING... that you're going to find some way to avoid those two things.
ohwell.gif
I didn't say anything against you. I read what you wrote. You're not going to admit that you were wrong for saying something against me, or for not reading what I wrote but throwing a jab at me anyways. Bye.
#1. No Artest fans should say anything about another player playing dirty. I'm a HUGE Artest fan, but c'mon, you can't have Artest as your avy and then ay something like 'Chris Paul punched a guy in the nuts once in '05.'

I understood what you said and nor did I take offense to it...but when you insinuate something by saying "you," I take it as saying something tome....If I get an email from my boss saying "YOU have to turn in this document by 3pm on Friday," it generally means ME. And like I said....what Idid to you, is EXACTLY what you did to me by having me as #1 on your list....I'm done with this argument, but I bet there will be a Carmelo-like backpeddlefrom you or a 10 paragraph response where you try to convince yourself that you are right....carry on good sir.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

would i want him on my team? sure. over tony parker? never.

Tony Parker isn't better than Chris Paul in any aspect of basketball.

did i say he was better? no. i just wouldn't want him to be on the spurs since we already have parker. tony parker is much more classy than chris paul. ifyou truly like a team, then you just don't care whether they win or lose. you care about they're perceived by others. sure, to most the spurs areboring but they are one of the most well respected franchises in all of sports. i think over time, chris paul may be able to tarnish the good image the spurshave. and what i had meant to say is that i would love chris paul's talent on my team, just not him.

DoubleJs07:
I understood what you said and nor did I take offense to it...but when you insinuate something by saying "you," I take it as saying something to me....If I get an email from my boss saying "YOU have to turn in this document by 3pm on Friday," it generally means ME. And like I said....what I did to you, is EXACTLY what you did to me by having me as #1 on your list....I'm done with this argument, but I bet there will be a Carmelo-like backpeddle from you or a 10 paragraph response where you try to convince yourself that you are right....carry on good sir.
Still immature breakdown of semantics.

If I say 'You have a great day', what exactly am I saying about you, guy? That you're a great day? No. I'm addressing... YOU. I'm notspeaking about you; I'm addressing you. Not John. Not Aaliyah. YOU. That's why I said 'You'.

'You shouldn't say anything with that as your avy' is not about you as a person; 'You think you're always right' is.

- I read what you wrote before responding.
- You took a jab at me without me, and did so without even reading what I wrote.

NT OG wanted me to say that Chris Paul doesn't play dirty a lot, and that Chris Paul doesn't flop a lot instead of just saying that he doesn't flop and doesn't play dirty. Compromise; even though I thought I wasexplaining exactly what he wanted me to specifically say, I said it anyways. Compromise.

So many of you do exactly what you're doing right now when you get into debates with me; you figure 'I'm locked into an argument with ska, where hewill refuse to be wrong. So you know what? I REFUSE TO BE WRONG, TOO!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!" And then you resort to elementary, immature tactics that, in theend, have nothing to do with the original argument. And it's all to make sure you didn't back down from... ska. Like I'm some... trophy to you guysor something, like you get a prize for 'taking me down' and 'not backing down' and accusing me of refusing to be wrong and backpeddling.

It's trivial, trifling, and says a lot about your maturity level; all I want in any debate is for reasoning to take place; the less that happens, the moreI go on, and the more I go on, the more the accusations, jabs, and immature breakdowns of semantics continue. If you're not going to admit that you took ajab at me... AND that you did so without even reading what it was that I said that you were responding to... AND that 'You shouldn't say...' is nota personal attack/jab on you but 'You think you're always right' is... just don't respond, dude.

Just don't.

And I can post in big letters, too:
You're not going to admit that you were wrong for saying something against me, or for not reading what I wrote but throwing a jab at me anyways.
Do it.

Chris Paul is one of the biggest floppers in the league. I remember watching the Nuggets vs. Hornets game. There was a jump ball and Billups went to go get theball once it was tipped. Paul flailed his arms in the air, fell to the ground and of course got the call.

Back
Top Bottom