Is it just me or Chris Paul plays cheap?

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

As far as your issue is concerned, the only ways an NBA player can play physical and cheat is to be known for flopping (Manu, Vlade, Fisher) or just play dirty (Bowen, Manu). Paul is nowhere close to either of those; he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty, so I've got no problem with how physical he plays.
oberto was leading with his elbow into him. How is that not a foul? It gets called 9/10.

Some of you need to stick to streetball...
You should see the clip in its entirety. Yes it is a foul, but Paul acted like Fabrico bodied him something hard.

It's funny how someone can question your "maturity" or even tell you to "grow up," but somehow finds a way to mock something about theway you post.....interesting. Contradictions don't exist in Skaville, I guess.

oh yeah...Chris Paul is great.

Why are you still going? Clearly I've moved on in the topic. How mature of you to keep going when the other party you're arguing with (me) has leftthings somewhere back there.
laugh.gif

If you're not going to admit that you took a jab at me... AND that you did so without even reading what it was that I said that you were responding to...AND that 'You shouldn't say...' is not a personal attack/jab on you but 'You think you're always right' is... just don't respond,dude.

Just don't.

It's disappointing knowing... KNOWING... that you're going to find some way to avoid admitting that you were wrong for saying something against me, orfor not reading what I wrote but throwing a jab at me anyways.

And I'm willing to admit that the comments quoted by NT OG before were personal statements. I've done it twice, as well as conceding a point NT OGwanted me to concede.

Your turn.

Man up.

It appears that in your world, finger-pointing towards yourself and admitting your own errors is out of the question; incessantly pointing fingers at the otherperson is always an alternative to reaching some sort of peaceable compromise.
ohwell.gif

Tell you what, you and NT OG both: if you continue this argument without posting ONLY ABOUT YOUR OWN ERRORS, you'll be banned. I'm sick of this. Youwant to continue to point fingers at me without giving an inch, like I'm the only person wrong here and you're bound and determined to make sure Iadmit 100% (or majority) fault to your 0% (or minority) fault? That's not going to work, and it stops now.

Three options: #1. see a compromising end to the argument in this thread between us three, #2. stop posting about it (including throwing jabs into repliespertaining to the thread topic), #3. get banned.

I'm sick of the immature crap you guys insist on using with me.

yes dude is a flopper i remember a game against the twolves where he flipped and looked lik shawn michaels when he hits a turnbuckle...nonetheless DWILL willbe at the top soon enough

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

would i want him on my team? sure. over tony parker? never.

Tony Parker isn't better than Chris Paul in any aspect of basketball.

did i say he was better? no. i just wouldn't want him to be on the spurs since we already have parker. tony parker is much more classy than chris paul. if you truly like a team, then you just don't care whether they win or lose. you care about they're perceived by others. sure, to most the spurs are boring but they are one of the most well respected franchises in all of sports. i think over time, chris paul may be able to tarnish the good image the spurs have. and what i had meant to say is that i would love chris paul's talent on my team, just not him.
indifferent.gif
you lose... again.

the dirtiest player in the NBA plays for the Spurs.

the king of NBA flopping plays for the Spurs.

yet you have a problem with arguably the best NBA PG since Magic, because, through your extensive relationship with him on a personal relationship, you know that he is a "brat."

am i missing something here?

just because the guy has had a few good years, doesn't make him the next Magic. Ok, so Ginobli flops. Big deal. CP really seems to want that crown some day by the way he throws himself around the court. And yes, Bowen can be dirty at times, but he's still a great defender. I highly doubt the league would recognize him as a top defender year after year if he played like a glorified thug. The main reason he looks so bad to most is because the only people that complain about him are superstars who always get the benefit of the doubt 24/7. Finally, what's the big deal with my opinion about CP? Of course I don't know him, but why are you trying so hard to defend him like he's your cousin or something. As far as I'm concerned, If you swing for an opponent's groin more than once, you're a jerk and don't deserve any respect as an athlete. Not once have I said anything negative about his skills. He's amazing so don't bring that up. I have a problem with him as a person, not a player.

While CP3 does flop, occasionally play dirty, and carry himself in an arrogant manner, you guys are being pretty unreasonable by singling him out.

There has been a lot of hate and criticism in this thread for Paul initiating contact, whether it is bumping into a hedging big man when coming off of ascreen, slowing down in front of a trailing defender, or angling his body into the defense when going up for a lay up. I'm not sure how many of you playedorganized ball or have attended basketball camps, but these examples you are all complaining about are fundamental tactics of guard play. Again, these arethings that any good guard is supposed to do. Don't believe me? Take a look at any top level NBA guard, when Kobe comes off of screens he bumps the bigman, as does Paul Pierce, as does AI, as does Nash, etc. If a big man wants to step out on the perimeter like that, as a ball handler, it is yourresponsibility to punish him for being out of position. That's why the best in the league do it.

The same principle applies to good big men who have a responsibility to their team and themselves to punish anyone who tries to sneak into their lane for aneasy bucket. Its a territorial game, whether its the perimeter or the paint, if you catch someone out of their element, you have a prime opportunity to takeadvantage of them, and its just silly to expect CP3, AI, Kobe, or any other smart player to pass that opportunity up.

In regards to the flopping complaints, I once again have to question some of these critics' organized basketball experience. Someone mentioned earlier inthis thread a phrase thrown out by announcers a lot, "selling the foul". When your playing a pick up game, if someone fouls you, you know it and theyknow it, so you can call the foul for yourself and no theatrics are necessary. When playing with refs, even good refs, it is a good habit to exaggerate thecontact, because you have to make sure that they see it. Sometimes you have to "sell the foul". When your playing for millions of dollars and tryingto win an NBA championship you need to do everything you can to insure that when somebody hacks your arm on a layup, the ref won't swallow the whistle.

Have there been instances where CP3 over does it? Of course, but the same could be said for any star player. Once again, this is something that Kobe, Lebron,AI, Wade, Pierce, *insert your favorite player's name*, etc all do.

I'm not going to spend too much effort on the complaints of his "cocky" demeanor, you guys are either out of touch with the way basketball worksor are just reaching too hard to hate. Point guards are cocky, they are arrogant, they have little man complexes, period. Anyone care to find me a good pointguard who is humble, shy, and easygoing on the court? CP3 is not unique in these regards.

(As a side note: it is extremely rare to find a professional athlete of any caliber who isn't cocky beyond belief. Think about how good you feel aboutyourself right now just being an average Joe with a mean shoe game, now imagine that you are a young millionaire, are in better shape than 99% of theworld's population, are constantly surrounded by luxury, and the most beautiful women in the world, and tell me you wouldn't feel untouchable)

All in all, CP3 does flop. He has played dirty before. He is cocky. But none of these things are unique to him. Nearly every player in the NBA shares thesequalities, and for sure every other star in the NBA shares these qualities. Its OK if your not fond of them, but there is NO need to single Chris Paul out, hedoesn't do any of those things more blatantly than other players, if anything, he's just better at them.

The Somali NTer:
laugh.gif

*warned* for trolling (instigating, unnecessary comments, however you want to spin it)

It's between 3 people. If you're not one of them, you do NOT have the liberty to add to things. Translation: move on with the topic, or exit the topic(the same two options you have for all threads, actually).

Originally Posted by NT OG

23ska909red02 said:

you stubborn, hard-headed knuckleheads

Freaking immature clowns.

I would say those qualify as personal attacks. Wouldn't you Ska? Anyone else agree with me?

There's no point in arguing with Ska. He'll discreetly belittle you and insult you. I completely understood what you meant. I even agree with you.

But don't fault people when they take "I don't ____" as "I don't ____."

You called me out for not responding to your rebuttal (which I did) , and yet, you still have not responded to any of my rebuttals.

I should have said...why didn't you just say "I don't understand why you didn't just say he doesn't flop a lot and he doesn't play dirty all the time in the first place.

I wonder why people warned me about getting into an argument with you Ska.

Ska...no need to wait any longer! I already admitted... See the part I bolded. I agree with you. I understood what you meant.

But nowhere have I seen you try and understand where I'm coming from. You never responded to any of my rebuttals at all while I did to yours. Do you evenread what I post?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

P.S. Know this: I understand that neither of you are going to admit anything because that would mean 'losing', but I wish you would see that debates are not about winning and losing, and there's nothing wrong with compromising instead of stubbornly seeking exactly what you want in a debate. You want me to be the villain, and in your minds, admitting what I've asked you to admit is 'losing' to 'the villain'. I understand.

Was it stubborn, hard-headed, and immature for people to take "he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty"...... as ...... "hedoesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty"?

When NT'ers posted videos refuting your claim, you laughed at them.

I was just trying to show you where they were coming from because you were so dismissive of them.

and I hope i don't get banned for this
laugh.gif

I swear to everything holy, if it were a rule that you could ONLY speak on your own errors whenever you're in an argument with someone, some of youwouldn't be allowed to talk.

"You were so dismissive."

"You couldn't see where I was coming from."

"You haven't responded to my rebuttals."

What about NT OG speaking about... NT OG?

Me saying 'Chris Paul doesn't flop' was supposed to assume 'Chris Paul doesn't flop a lot,' but that wasn't good enough, andwasn't being made explicitly clear.

Fine. Chris Paul doesn't flop a lot, but he does sometimes.

Me saying 'Chris Paul doesn't play dirty' was supposed to assume 'Chris Paul doesn't play dirty all the time,' but that wasn't goodenough, and wasn't being made explicitly clear.

Fine. Chris Paul doesn't play dirty all the time.

I'm not even going to get into the argument of 'Well when you say ____ doesn't _____, doesn't that mean...', because I feel like you'rebeing completely childish, irrational, and remaining incessantly attached to literal translations of colloquialisms (like I already mentioned). Drop it.Attempt to see what I mean, or drop it. Two people can't reason when one refuses to be reasonable; it's impossible. You're sticking to your gunsthat statements like (LIKE!!!!) 'NT OG doesn't lie' always mean that 'NT OG never, ever lies. Not ever,' and that's just not true. Iknow that you know this, but you're being unreasonable in hearing me explain where I'm coming from, so drop it.

Attempt to see where I'm coming from, or drop it.

I have no problem seeing where you're coming from, even if I disagree with it, but we never got that far, because you incessantly insisted on proving to methat my original point was completely outlandish, and nothing ever progressed past 'I understand what you're saying, but...' We never got pastthat, because you never arrived to 'I understand what you're saying.'

lol holy crap. this may never finish...arguing is a guilty pleasure of mine.
embarassed.gif

Ska - I agree with you when you say Chris Paul doesn't flop or plays dirty.

I understand that this doesn't mean he never flops or never plays dirty. He may do it sometimes, but for the most part, he doesn't. He has a reputationof being a good, clean player. I agree with you 100%. I don't see the misunderstanding here at all. I've reiterated this point multiple times already.I don't understand why you're saying I'm unreasonable. I've already agreed with your point of view. What else can I do? Please tell me.

This is the point I'm trying to make here.

Is it really stubborn, hard-headed, and immature for people to take "he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty"...... as ...... "hedoesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty"?

When NT'ers posted videos refuting your statement [colloquialism], you laughed at them, as if the video meant nothing.

If you want me to speak on my own errors, please point them out and I will because I cannot find any.

CP3 does play dirty. I've met and played with a lot of kids from the tre who played with CP and said he's a dirty player, but every dude from the treplays just like him. To be fair every good player, i think, plays a little dirty.

SKA said he has 9 times good or something in him. Thats true but you can be a good player and a good guy and still play dirty. I dont think Ron Artest PLAYSdirty i just think he's hot headed. I play dirty, some of my old teammates who are now D-1 players on NCAA top 15 schools play dirty.

Its a part of basketball. MJ, Reggie, Kobe, and many more all played dirty

CP3 does play dirty. I've met and played with a lot of kids from the tre who played with CP and said he's a dirty player, but every dude from the treplays just like him. To be fair every good player, i think, plays a little dirty.

SKA said he has 9 times good or something in him. Thats true but you can be a good player and a good guy and still play dirty. I dont think Ron Artest PLAYSdirty i just think he's hot headed. I play dirty, some of my old teammates who are now D-1 players on NCAA top 15 schools play dirty.

Its a part of basketball. MJ, Reggie, Kobe, and many more all played dirty

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

chris paul is one of the biggest floppers in the league. nobody will say anything about it though because he's so well loved.

and black

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

chris paul is one of the biggest floppers in the league. nobody will say anything about it though because he's so well loved.

and black

Do we really need more controversy in this thread? Really?

Originally Posted by JD617

and black

Do we really need more controversy in this thread? Really?

sorry just looked at the first page

is not a euro better?

Yes, Paul flops excessively to sell fouls that he creates or the defender is guilty of. It is very hard to stomach because Paul is one of the most gifted,savvy players in the league and he doesn't need to do it to get an advantage. His skills alone give him an advantage.

and black
People have no problem maligning Devin Harris and Derek Fisher and Amare Stoudemire, amongst others, for all their flopping.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

and black
People have no problem maligning Devin Harris and Derek Fisher and Amare Stoudemire, amongst others, for all their flopping.

amare stoudamire is a reach

and he does it for laughs

and devin harris and derek Fisher are light skinned

What the #*!@ happened in here?
laugh.gif

Originally, I just wanted to come in and say that CP3 sucks. (Nah, he obviously doesn't suck. But I'm just not a fan of dude).
But reading through the thread, there were a coupel of things I wanted to comment on.

First, this quote sums up exactly how I feel about CP3.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I wouldn't say he's a "dirty" player but he's been known to pull annoying little stunts since HS.

Secondly:
Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

It's simple.

He's a little guy. Little guys in the league have to find a way. Name a little guy that doesn't play with fire or with that cocky attitude?

AI
Nate
Zeke
CP3

The list goes on.

It's not being "dirty" or "cheap". It's just finding a way to get it done.
Boykins. Tyrone Lue. Earl Watson. Muggsy. Stoudamire. Anthony Carter. Brevin Knight.
All these guys have been able to "get it done" for years minus the "fire" and "cocky attitude" you speak of.
nerd.gif

And
eek.gif
/
laugh.gif
@ the ska-bashing. I don't think he's impossible to argue with cuz him and I have had some doozies over the years.
laugh.gif

We all sometimes can be guilty of being sensitive to specific things/words/situations on a message board. But some of you definitely go extra hard at him. So Ican sort of understand why he sometimes seems to have that Me Against The World chip on his shoulder.

One thing I will say ska, is if you're gonna warn/ban ppl for chiming in, then you guys really should take it to pm's or just lock this up. You 3 arehaving a debate within the thread that has now actually kind of strayed from the main topic. It's only natural for others to start tossing in their ownopinions.... Whether right or wrong.
Telling ppl to not comment on what you guys are saying is blatant censorship.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Boykins. Tyrone Lue. Earl Watson. Muggsy. Stoudamire. Anthony Carter. Brevin Knight.

and they all suck.
Still, that wasn't the question.
He challenged ppl to name little guys that don't play with fire or a cocky attitude.
So I did.
I can name just as many little guys that played with fire or a cocky attitude who did NOT suck.
KJ. Strickland. Stockton. JET. NVE. Tim Hardaway.
So his point was incorrect, no?

Back
Top Bottom