Is it just me or Chris Paul plays cheap?

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

would i want him on my team? sure. over tony parker? never.

Tony Parker isn't better than Chris Paul in any aspect of basketball.

did i say he was better? no. i just wouldn't want him to be on the spurs since we already have parker. tony parker is much more classy than chris paul. if you truly like a team, then you just don't care whether they win or lose. you care about they're perceived by others. sure, to most the spurs are boring but they are one of the most well respected franchises in all of sports. i think over time, chris paul may be able to tarnish the good image the spurs have. and what i had meant to say is that i would love chris paul's talent on my team, just not him.
indifferent.gif
you lose... again.

the dirtiest player in the NBA plays for the Spurs.

the king of NBA flopping plays for the Spurs.

yet you have a problem with arguably the best NBA PG since Magic, because, through your extensive relationship with him on a personal relationship, you knowthat he is a "brat."

am i missing something here?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

you stubborn, hard-headed knuckleheads

Freaking immature clowns.

I would say those qualify as personal attacks. Wouldn't you Ska? Anyone else agree with me?

There's no point in arguing with Ska. He'll discreetly belittle you and insult you. I completely understood what you meant. I even agree with you.

But don't fault people when they take "I don't ____" as "I don't ____."

You called me out for not responding to your rebuttal (which I did) , and yet, you still have not responded to any of my rebuttals.

I should have said...why didn't you just say "I don't understand why you didn't just say he doesn't flop a lot and he doesn't playdirty all the time in the first place.

I wonder why people warned me about getting into an argument with you Ska.

J's, Ska, OG, everyone else chimin in, be cool. It's not a big deal, just let it ride.

Stay on point with the Chris Paul angle fellas.
wink.gif

I expect this thread to jump a bunch of pages with a national game tomorrow against the Lakers. Ya'll know, one flop and Laker fans will be in here SALTY.
laugh.gif

The funny thing about Chris Paul flopping is that he will stare straight at the opposing player like they just butcher his body or just straight mean mug theref. I find it comical really.

NT OG:
23ska909red02:
you stubborn, hard-headed knuckleheads
Freaking immature clowns.

I would say those qualify as personal attacks. Wouldn't you Ska? Anyone else agree with me?
I don't need anyone else to agree; I'll agree with you.

I don't know if you stubborn, immature, hard-headed knuckleheads have figured this out by now, but it's damn near impossible to take and take from me.Give and take, and I'm game. I'll meet in the middle; I will NOT meet on your side, and I don't expect you to meet on mine.

But you guys expect me to come all the way over to your side, agree with everything you say about me, accept your 'lose-lose' criticisms of me (where Ican't win at all), and if I fail to do all of those things, I'm refusing to be wrong.

Grow up.

Be reasonable.

By reasoning, compromising, calming the hell down, staying on topic, BEING UNAFRAID TO BE WRONG (oh, what? You guys refuse to be wrong, too? What?
laugh.gif
), and debating like you have some sense about you and not just some immaturedesire to be uncompromisingly correct and persistently nit-picky.

*still waiting for DoubleJs to admit that he threw out a jab about me... without reading what I wrote... and tried to say that using 'you' means youare saying something about the other person when that is definitely not true all the time (meaning it's not true)*

*still waiting for NT OG to admit that statements of reputation are seldom taken as statements of absolute truth*

Like I said, I already said 'Chris Paul does not flop a lot. Chris Paul does not play dirty a lot.' even though I thought that there was a general understanding in my explanation that those two statements were exactlywhat I was saying.

And I'm willing to admit that the comments quoted above are personal statements.

Your turn.

OWL: *warned* You're not a part of the conversation, andyou're only adding fuel to the fire. I know you're going to want to argue that, because that's what some of you do with me; just argue, argue,argue until I give in to what you want, then when that doesn't happen, you accuse me of never being wrong. Well, before you think about arguing anything...don't. Yes, you'll be banned for trolling. Take responsibility... or shut up.
happy.gif
No, you won't think it will be fair. Yes, you could get a bunch of peopleto agree with you that it's not fair. No, I won't care.

23ska909red02 wrote:
OWL: *warned* You're not a part of the conversation, and you're only adding fuel to the fire. I know you're going to want to argue that, because that's what some of you do with me; just argue, argue, argue until I give in to what you want, then when that doesn't happen, you accuse me of never being wrong. Well, before you think about arguing anything... don't. Yes, you'll be banned for trolling. Take responsibility... or shut up.
happy.gif
No, you won't think it will be fair. Yes, you could get a bunch of people to agree with you that it's not fair. No, I won't care.

laugh.gif
Did you really just warn him for that?
laugh.gif

I wouldn't call what he did trolling. If anything, he was telling people to just let it go.

Son of a +$#%+. Are you kidding me right now?

It was trolling. He had no part of the conversation and just chimed in, making matters worse. I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on that. He was tellingpeople that I think I'm never wrong and that they should let it go. The latter part was fine; the former part, not so much.

It was trolling. He had no part of the conversation and just chimed in, making matters worse. I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on that. He was telling people that I think I'm never wrong and that they should let it go. The latter part was fine; the former part, not so much.

True Ska, I agree with you there on that. But this is a public forum and you've said many times, take personal issues with one another via PM. There wasmaliciousness behind my post. Right or wrong, that's just my take (opinion, for those who want to get specific).
laugh.gif

I would love to see eNPHAN debate with Ska. It would be akin to a Superman vs. Doomsday showdown

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

As far as your issue is concerned, the only ways an NBA player can play physical and cheat is to be known for flopping (Manu, Vlade, Fisher) or just play dirty (Bowen, Manu). Paul is nowhere close to either of those; he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty, so I've got no problem with how physical he plays.
Julius Hodge would beg to differ...young college mistake but that still is something I remember abouthim....just saying.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

chris paul is one of the biggest floppers in the league. nobody will say anything about it though because he's so well loved.

0cks:
I would love to see eNPHAN debate with Ska. It would be akin to a Superman vs. Doomsday showdown
I would love to not have a debate on here with anyone, truth be told.

"Nah, I definitely see what you're saying, but here's my problem with that..." is the foundation of a mature debate, with 'I mean, thoseare good points, but what about this?' being the foundation of a mature rebuttal.

"You're wrong. Period. You never admit you're wrong, though, and I was warned about that with you. Keep telling yourself you're right ifthat's what it take to make you sleep tonight, though. Here's why I think you suck at life..." is the foundation of a NikeTalk debate, with'Telling me I suck at life when you (insert insult here)?! Here's what happened (insert timeline of events instead of getting things back on topic,even if that means admitting error and moving on)' being the foundation of a NikeTalk rebuttal.

And that's why I would love to not have a debate with anyone on here.

OWL- if I were abusing my power to silence people, NT OG,DoubleJs, and goukiteg would all be banned, since I've disagreedwith all of them in this thread. Instead, none of them have been banned; not even warned. The only person banned is the only person I warned about furtherinstigating matters. You decided to go ahead and further instigate things, so your response has been deleted, and you're screen name ha been banned. I toldyou to leave the thread alone because it had nothing to do with you and you were making no attempt at fixing anything; now you have no choice but to leave thethread alone, but the other people I disagreed with are still without a ban or even a warning.

It was trolling. He had no part of the conversation and just chimed in, making matters worse. I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on that. He was telling people that I think I'm never wrong and that they should let it go. The latter part was fine; the former part, not so much.
80736a7d3243f901d8c501c3e52cf3db988714ce.gif

embarassed.gif
just found it funny thats all *creeps out the thread*

Oh, by the way, NT OG and DoubleJs:

*still waiting for DoubleJs to admit that he threw out a jab about me... without reading what I wrote... and tried to say that using 'you' means youare saying something about the other person when that is definitely not true all the time (meaning it's not true)*

*still waiting for NT OG to admit that statements of reputation are seldom taken as statements of absolute truth*

Like I said, I already said 'Chris Paul does not flop a lot. Chris Paul does not play dirty a lot.' even though I thought that there was a generalunderstanding in my explanation that those two statements were exactly what I was saying.

I'll say it again: Chris Paul does not flop a lot, and Chris Paul does not play dirty a lot.

And I'm willing to admit that the comments quoted above are personal statements.

Your turn.

P.S. Know this: I understand that neither of you are going to admit anything because that would mean 'losing', but I wish you would see that debatesare not about winning and losing, and there's nothing wrong with compromising instead of stubbornly seeking exactly what you want in a debate. You want meto be the villain, and in your minds, admitting what I've asked you to admit is 'losing' to 'the villain'. I understand.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Just you.

Dude is 9 kinds of good.

As far as your issue is concerned, the only ways an NBA player can play physical and cheat is to be known for flopping (Manu, Vlade, Fisher) or just play dirty (Bowen, Manu). Paul is nowhere close to either of those; he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty, so I've got no problem with how physical he plays.
oberto was leading with his elbow into him. How is that not a foul? It gets called 9/10.

Some of you need to stick to streetball...

Originally Posted by wttm

LOL damn that TD and CP video is sick. TD telling CP to CHILL THE F OUT!
pimp.gif
roll.gif

CP trying to start something and Timmy's like what the hell is wrong with you look. LMAO.

I mean, that's true... but all that tomfoolery afterwards was completely unnecessary.
laugh.gif

^ It is a foul, sure, but do you think that elbow was hard enough to cuase dude to do a 720 spin, fall to the ground, slide 8 feet and need CPR?

That was a flop right there, and a good one at that.

Back
Top Bottom