Is it normal for a guy and girl that are just friends to say they like each other?

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

son left your girl Canada Dry
21216310045b6175fbb3340d429f5801c17e319d.jpg

This will be a rant.In all honestly this is the story of my life. I'm guessing some of you guys don't have many 'girl' friends that you don't think about smashing. A lot of my friends have thought twice about me because of situations I'm in. Almost half of my friends are girls, I hang out with them a lot almost to the point where in public and theres times where in public if either of us is getting hit on and we obviously don't like the person and the dude/girl can't take a hint, we step and slide in and say "hey baby how's it going, who's this?" and act as a "bf/gf" in front of the scumbag Eve/Steve. we don't c-block each other, or it hasn't happened yet.
laugh.gif
Some of their boyfriends like/want that I do this, some never find out. my girlfriends have always understood because I tell them ahead of time.

I've had times when my G F's get real close to me to an emotional level but we never pull the trigger. Once I did pull the trigger and had sex but it didn't lead to anything plus i hate her now for something that witch did.

Another time I had no initial attraction to this friend, and we were talking in a group of well known friends like 2 dudes(including me) and 8 girls about sex, girl said "I never hear what your gf's say about you in the bed" quick witted and the funny guy I am i said "only one way to really know
grin.gif
" she says "alright lets do it" I didn't think she was serious but we left our friends, did the good deed and first thing the next day to her friends she goes "yeah he's great" Had me like
pimp.gif
in our crew for days.

a problem though is prolly my best girl friend is slowly showing feelings of attraction. recently me, her, call her J, celebrated another friend R's B-day, dinner bar blah blah blah end of the day were watching TV at the house and talking, I jokingly bring up that we should smoke for R's b-day, J goes "no by BF doesn't want me to", R goes I've never smoked and don't want to. later in the night i see J texting and getting upset inside more and more. J brings up option to smoke still even saying "just you and me alone". I covered up saying I don't even have any on me and would be hard to get a hold on my boy at this time. watching Glee later something comes up and J goes "I love glee but bf never lets me watch this,that and you let me do those things." then she hits me with the "M4rioL your really cool..." the way she said it me and R shot each other the "the eff are you going with this?" look.

Originally Posted by dapurplengold213

they went to school together. they've never dated but they have been friends and just recently started talking with each other. She started crying last night when I confronted her about it and she was saying "she loves me" and all that. But I don't know what to believe now. This guys Facebook status that night was "having the time of my life with (my gfs name)."

I don't think i can still be with her. I just don't see how i can trust her. She claims that the reason she didn't tell me is because i don't take news about her going out with her friends right.
RIP to your relationship fam 

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by solefood229

To any female nter that's moderately attractive and claim they have a male best friend who they met later in life, text him and tell him you wanna smash I guarantee his answer will be when & where
The fact that females are so clueless to this really frustrates me at times. Either they don't know, don't show, or act like they don't know. 
001637_19.jpg

laugh.gif
A+ post.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M4rioL

a problem though is prolly my best girl friend is slowly showing feelings of attraction. recently me, her, call her J, celebrated another friend R's B-day, dinner bar blah blah blah end of the day were watching TV at the house and talking, I jokingly bring up that we should smoke for R's b-day, J goes "no by BF doesn't want me to", R goes I've never smoked and don't want to. later in the night i see J texting and getting upset inside more and more. J brings up option to smoke still even saying "just you and me alone". I covered up saying I don't even have any on me and would be hard to get a hold on my boy at this time. watching Glee later something comes up and J goes "I love glee but bf never lets me watch this,that and you let me do those things." then she hits me with the "M4rioL your really cool..." the way she said it me and R shot each other the "the eff are you going with this?" look.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
truble truble

Executive76 wrote:
its funny to see females try to explain how the interact with certain male "friends" 
pics of you and that guys girl OP?

always makes for a good chuckle

Originally Posted by cap1229

It's possible for a guy and girl to be just friends and that be it. My one guy friend who I was like that with just got a girlfriend and we had to stop our heavy flirting and I was okay with that. Makes it less fun tho.

Yeah, in the head of a girl it's possible.
Lets be honest know fellas, I don't know any dudes who frequently hang out with the same few girls a lot, without dating, that don't have any intentions of one day blowing her back out. 

Originally Posted by jeenewed

It's possible for a guy and girl to be just friends and that be it. My one guy friend who I was like that with just got a girlfriend and we had to stop our heavy flirting and I was okay with that. Makes it less fun tho.

Lets be honest know fellas, I don't know any dudes who frequently hang out with the same few girls a lot, without dating, that don't have any intentions of one day blowing her back out. 

EXACTLY. she's over there saying "i didn't see it that way with him,for me its all friendship" "I now understand " Im like are you serious? I know if i was him id be in the back of my head wanting to smash any chance i could. How can you not see that something like that would make any man mad. She's crying calling me telling she's sorry and that for her it wasn't anything like that and for me to try to move on from it cause she loves me more than any other man. I have her Facebook password cause she gave it to me long ago and she deleted all the messages and posts, but I still can't get over that . she keeps saying "its not like i had sex with him" . all i hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH. Thinking about playing the nice guy role  ,smashing a few more times then I'm out
glasses.gif
It can't be the same  as it use to be for me. I could not look past that. and i don't see her the same. 

Didnt read the thread. so feel free to judge.. but this has to be a college-age relationship.

Every other chick in school, would call my squad their "big brothers" and talk to us about dudes while were chillin and doing whatever. A few of these women I still keep in contact with, and have been introduced as "their best male friend"(usually along with my shortie being with me)..to the current BF, Husband etc. but there is only maybe a handful that havent been hit.. and thats more due to circumstance and motivation from what i can tell.

In essence.. if she cried at the thought of having a conversation about what had just gone down.. She's beyond guilty. Aside from that.. dont even play into the situation.. either keep her around.. off premises as an occasional stress reliever.. or just slide her off completely and let the next man deal with the BS.

IMO the only reason shes not w/other dude full-time is because he doesnt want her in that capacity. He's eating off of your strength.. youre putting in the work.. he's laidup like a King.. so no need to buy the cow.

EXACTLY. she's over there saying "i didn't see it that way with him,for me its all friendship" "I now understand " Im like are you serious? I know if i was him id be in the back of my head wanting to smash any chance i could. How can you not see that something like that would make any man mad. She's crying calling me telling she's sorry and that for her it wasn't anything like that and for me to try to move on from it cause she loves me more than any other man. I have her Facebook password cause she gave it to me long ago and she deleted all the messages and posts, but I still can't get over that . she keeps saying "its not like i had sex with him" . all i hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH. Thinking about playing the nice guy role  ,smashing a few more times then I'm out
glasses.gif
It can't be the same  as it use to be for me. I could not look past that. and i don't see her the same. 
..and youre still not thinking dude smashed your girl
indifferent.gif

If she respected you, she wouldn't have done what she did..

As for everyone addressing cap...put the capes away...she'll learn how to play her position at some point in her life

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

For real though you sound mad eager to drop her, like you was just waiting on a reason.

Sounds more like he never fully trusted her, and his latent fears were realized.. now the sting of being betrayed isnt quite as bad as he thought it'd feel.. so he's trying to use this as an opportunity to drag it out, make an emotional impression and ensure it doesnt happen again moving forward with her.. as they wont be breaking up for good.

Son, I understand what youre feeling in regards to teaching shortie a lesson, but ensure you leave no stone unturned in your quest for the truth.  If there is any deceit left uncovered on her part.. she will ever feel as though she put one by you.. and will forever feel she can do it again.

Best of luck.

Originally Posted by Phen0m

glasses.gif
indifferent.gif

i told her she stayed logged in on my tablet (guess she doesn't remember that she gave the password to me) and i confronted her about it and she deleted all the messages because "she cares more about me and he's just a friend." So thats the reason she deleted them .she claims that she will cut ties with him to win me back. I'm like ehhh. don't think i can get back with her the same way like it use to be.
EDIT:

And to the others who posted this is the second time she's been shady about things. In october she went to a "haunted house" with her girlfriends. I later found out on FB that she was at some block party with her girlfriends and some guy friends also...so thats where my insecurity with her stems from. We've been having issues since that time and i know I wasn't being the best BF (was always insecure of where she was) and she claims she was "stressing over me treating her that way"and she heard of this reunion of old friends and her "friend" was the only one that could pick her up to get there .  Its messed up cause i really do care for this chick and i didn't treat her right sometimes but I had my valid reasons (no trust). she claims she will tell dude tomorrow that she will cut ties with him but to me I don't think even that will make me forget it , since this is really the 2nd time she's been shady about things. I do not want a relationship where ill always be stressing and wondering if she's being real.

Originally Posted by Phen0m

glasses.gif
indifferent.gif

i told her she stayed logged in on my tablet (guess she doesn't remember that she gave the password to me) and i confronted her about it and she deleted all the messages because "she cares more about me and he's just a friend." she claims that she will cut ties with him to win me back. I'm like ehhh. don't think i can get back with her the same way like it use to be.

indifferent.gif
I think youre trolling.  no way can you still be with her.

You has every reason not to trust her at this point but I think if she's willing to dead him for you that says a lot. %#$% won't be gravy the next day but if you know you haven't been the best to her and she hasn't to you it's not really one sided so there's room for. It's of you to forget the past and TRY to move past it. Not saying you should stay with her but t might be worth a try.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

You has every reason not to trust her at this point but I think if she's willing to dead him for you that says a lot. %#$% won't be gravy the next day but if you know you haven't been the best to her and she hasn't to you it's not really one sided so there's room for. It's of you to forget the past and TRY to move past it. Not saying you should stay with her but t might be worth a try.

it certainly does. 
Spoiler [+]
dead the %%%%*

At the end of the day..you gotta live in your shoes and look in the mirror..but it does sound as though you are making excuses for shortie giving off suspect vibes for the longest. She like mentally abused you with her actions and choices..yet you feel responsible?

Nonsense. Sounds to me like she is shady and immature..yet using your unease as a scapegoat to continue the unseemly behavior. Shortie either hasnt outgrown this behavior, doesnt respect you or just truly isnt ready to be tied down..yet wants to keep you around because you provide something..a sense of safety perhaps.ask your self if youre always the bearer of financial responsibilities..if youre constantly having to remind her of things she should be cognizant of.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

My gf of 2 years and one of her guy "friends" were messaging on fb and she told him that she really likes him and she feels like she can trust him. She ended up going out with him to a friend reunion thing and she didn't tell me. She claims she didn't tell me because she knew I would be very upset . In the messages she goes on to say that they connected. And they both said they had an amazing time. She claimed that they are just friends and that is all. I am about ready to break up with her cause I just don't think thats right..Without trust I can't have a relationship. 
Anyways, is it normal for a girl and a guy who are just friends to be that friendly with each other? seems too friendly to me. 
laugh.gif
 Chicks still say things like this? I don't see anything good coming out of this relationship and it's quite obvious she doesn't respect you.

Do yourself a favor...

ALL THE FEMALES I CONSIDER OR CONSIDERED FRIENDS HAVE ALL BEEN DERAILED.....

except one who i barely contact cuz if i did she will be next...... on some GOLDBERG steez

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

For real though you sound mad eager to drop her, like you was just waiting on a reason.

Pretty much. At first I was alll for dropping her, but its starting to seem that shes really sorry abou it. I mean, crap happens in relationships. She didnt bang homie. If you really like her, you can get over it.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

also this

Back
Top Bottom