is it Really Not OK to Not Know who Paul McCarteny Is???

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

"%!!# YOUR CULTURE."

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

...and thats whats really in question here. the %%*% YOUR CULTURE attitude.

....how arrogant. said with much conviction yet riddled with ignorance.

.... its not about JUST not knowing. but the arrogant attitude behind it.

...sadly music is just the tip of the iceberg with this new generation. so many that know nothing and everything at the same time. in the event they realize they didnt know what they thought they did, do they seek more? nope. do they fall back in an understanding that they dont know everything? nope. all they offer is a middle finger. god bless them.

*!@@ your culture was a joke. What the hell does that even mean? Not to mention if you're an American born after '85 chances are we share many pieces of the same culture. It was not meant to be take seriously.

It was however a very legitimate *!@@ you to the arrogant pieces of *#@! with the audacity to label myself and others with unfounded projections simply because I'm not familiar with something the same way you are. "seasoned vet" youre one of the most arrogant posters on these boards and as usuall I'm more than content to let you stand on your soap box thinking you're actually better than everyone else.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

*!@@ your culture was a joke. What the hell does that even mean? Not to mention if you're an American born after '85 chances are we share many pieces of the same culture. It was not meant to be take seriously.

It was however a very legitimate *!@@ you to the arrogant pieces of *#@! with the audacity to label myself and others with unfounded projections simply because I'm not familiar with something the same way you are. "seasoned vet" youre one of the most arrogant posters on these boards and as usuall I'm more than content to let you stand on your soap box thinking you're actually better than everyone else.

....and you're still missing it.

...being unfamiliar is very understandable. <-- do you understand what that means? understandable and excusable.

...but to say IDGAF....or to say %%@! YOUR CULTURE is something different altogether. anyone with that mindset deserves the label they recieve. you mad?

I said that was a joke. Did you really miss that?

Why would I be mad? It's 73 degrees out and I'm cold chillin with an arizona in my hand. I don't even have to ask if you're mad though. You're downright mad at life which I've come to find kind of sad.

Why would I be mad? It's 73 degrees out and I'm cold chillin with an arizona in my hand. I don't even have to ask if you're mad though. You're downright mad at life which I've come to find kind of sad.

.....yup. you said it was a joke alright......AFTER the fact. and my comments above still stand for anyone with the attitude i described.

Originally Posted by Solerunner

That %@!$% aint never done anything for me, why should I know him

I use to think the same way about a lot of stuff, but its good to know things.....when I chill with one of my boy who knows all the oldies (and he like a year or two younger than me smh) I get salty, but Pandora has been going in "showing me the way" 
laugh.gif

Its really all about your culture/how you were raised. I'm Spanish and don't listen to any Spanish music....I might youtube some Anthony Santos or the classics (which I dont know by name/artist
tired.gif
), but you wouldn't catch me dead listening to anything spanish for "pleasure"...I grew up on nothing but rap/r&b/hip-hop and thats all I know...

Within the last few years I been listening to "white" music (rock,punk, beatles and others like them,etc)....Im 26 and just found out what CBGB stood for/what it was all about and I was born and raised in NY 
tired.gif
.....This new era of Hip Hop is not cutting it so I figure I should get to know other genres of music

So now that we've established it's also a travesty not to know who **** Clark is, what about my man Don Cornelius? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.....yup. you said it was a joke alright......AFTER the fact. and my comments above still stand for anyone with the attitude i described.

Why should someone give a +!%+ about a mainstream culture that doesn't give a +!%+ about them and only gives a +!%+ about their culture in attempts to exploit and capitalize off of it?

What the +!%+ has Paul McCartney done for people in the ghettos of the US?  But people from the hood who he has never spoken to (in both the literal and figurative senses) are supposed to have so much reverence for him?  People should go out of their way to find out who he is because he is so deserving of their respect and awe?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

All these people in here telling people who they should know and respect as if Paul McCartney has shown any evidence that he is aware of, respects, or gives the slightest damn about the people in America's ghettos.

I can't speak for Ham City, but I would definitely adopt the "+!%+ you and your culture" tone or attitude in the face of people criticizing and insulting me for not knowing and worshiping a person who is completely and utterly unimportant to my life in any meaningful way, shape, or form.

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Why should someone give a +!%+ about a mainstream culture that doesn't give a +!%+ about them and only gives a +!%+ about their culture in attempts to exploit and capitalize off of it?

What the +!%+ has Paul McCartney done for people in the ghettos of the US?  But people from the hood who he has never spoken to (in both the literal and figurative senses) are supposed to have so much reverence for him?  People should go out of their way to find out who he is because he is so deserving of their respect and awe?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

All these people in here telling people who they should know and respect as if Paul McCartney has shown any evidence that he is aware of, respects, or gives the slightest damn about the people in America's ghettos.

I can't speak for Ham City, but I would definitely adopt the "+!%+ you and your culture" tone or attitude in the face of people criticizing and insulting me for not knowing and worshiping a person who is completely and utterly unimportant to my life in any meaningful way, shape, or form.

%@%* Paul McCartney because he hasn't helped the hood? So disregard all these charities he supports:

21st Century Leaders
Adopt-A-Minefield
Aid Still Required
American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign
Children With Leukaemia
David Lynch Foundation
Dorset Wildlife Trust
Great Ormond Street Hospital
Humane Society International
International Rescue Committee
Keep A Child Alive
Kids Wish Network
Make Poverty History
Natural Resources Defense Council
No More Landmines
Nordoff Robbins
ParalympicsGB
PETA
Prince's Trust
Red Cross
Society for Animal Protective Legislation
St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
STOMP Out Bullying
War Child
Watering Seeds Organization
Whatever It Takes
Worldwide Orphans Foundation
Read more: http://www.looktothestars...-mccartney#ixzz1sycSTsXn

You can't even respect that? Make Poverty History. Hmmm, is there poverty in american ghettos?

St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters support over 25 locations throughout the New York area and now serve over 9,000 needy families each week, and they serve over 1.5 million meals per year. They support soup kitchens, safe havens, drop-in centers and shelters. The pantries also distribute free clothing, diapers and toiletries. In addition, St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters have full-time social workers to serve their clients’ needs.

Hmmm, you think some of those people may live in the ghetto?

So kindly shut the %@%* up until you've done .05% of what paul mccartney has done to help make the world a better place.

Originally Posted by swendro88

%@%* Paul McCartney because he hasn't helped the hood? So disregard all these charities he supports:

21st Century Leaders
Adopt-A-Minefield
Aid Still Required
American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign
Children With Leukaemia
David Lynch Foundation
Dorset Wildlife Trust
Great Ormond Street Hospital
Humane Society International
International Rescue Committee
Keep A Child Alive
Kids Wish Network
Make Poverty History
Natural Resources Defense Council
No More Landmines
Nordoff Robbins
ParalympicsGB
PETA
Prince's Trust
Red Cross
Society for Animal Protective Legislation
St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
STOMP Out Bullying
War Child
Watering Seeds Organization
Whatever It Takes
Worldwide Orphans Foundation
Read more: http://www.looktothestars...-mccartney#ixzz1sycSTsXn

You can't even respect that? Make Poverty History. Hmmm, is there poverty in american ghettos?

St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters support over 25 locations throughout the New York area and now serve over 9,000 needy families each week, and they serve over 1.5 million meals per year. They support soup kitchens, safe havens, drop-in centers and shelters. The pantries also distribute free clothing, diapers and toiletries. In addition, St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters have full-time social workers to serve their clients’ needs.

Hmmm, you think some of those people may live in the ghetto?

So kindly shut the %@%* up until you've done .05% of what paul mccartney has done to help make the world a better place.

"Shut the $!@% up" huh?  People are so tough on the internet, boy I tell ya!  But I digress...

Everything that you posted is all good and wonderful homie.  To whom much is given, much is expected.  You don't know me, my background, nor know the things that I've dedicated my life to doing so fall back with that #@*!@*$# because you have NO idea what you're talking about...

That being said, where did I say "$!@% Paul McCartney" or that I don't respect him or the things he's done?  Because I sure didn't.  My point was that it's not difficult to understand why people in the hood don't know who the hell McCartney is or have the amount of reverence people like you give him because he has had no impact on their lives in any meaningful sense.  In spite of everything you just posted, my point remains true.

In addition, the bigger point in my post was the attitude of people who are insulting people that don't know who Paul McCartney is like they owe him or "mainstream culture" to go out of their ways to find out about him so that they also can be in awe of him.  Like people owe him or "mainstream culture" some type of reverence or debt.

Apparently you fit in with this group.  Well, you know my stance about people like yourself...

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

I agree 100% w/ Fongstarr. I used to listen to just Rock and Hip Hop, but it get's boring listening to the same genre. Some people dont want to expand their tastes to other genres, which is okay, but like you said hard to think about not giving it a try. Classical, metal, country, dance etc all has great artists.
Why is it so hard for you dudes to understand that we are talking about BANDS. I went on my rock, alternative phase but I never knew the names of the dudes in the bands. I knew the songs but outside of that I didn't give a damn. Someone can listen to old Beetles CD's and not know the names of the members. Same with Maroon 5, AudioSlave, NickleBack (I know it is a joke about how bad they are but I like them). I couldn't name one person out of any of those bands other than Chris Cornell. And that was because he was on One Tree Hill.

Originally Posted by red mpls

That being said, where did I say "$!@% Paul McCartney" or that I don't respect him or the things he's done?  Because I sure didn't. 
...im glad you said that. at the same token:

...where did i insult ANYONE that didnt know Paul McCarteny? i sure as hell didnt either.

...an insult to someone ignorant to who PM is and his impact is just as asinine as the attitude of IDGAF or #!$@ YOUR CULUTRE.

...an attitude like that deserves an insult

I came in here just to say McJagger
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I was randomly thinking about this the other day and it's just too damn funny.

In addition, the bigger point in my post was the attitude of people who are insulting people that don't know who Paul McCartney is like they owe him or "mainstream culture" to go out of their ways to find out about him so that they also can be in awe of him. Like people owe him or "mainstream culture" some type of reverence or debt.

Apparently you fit in with this group. Well, you know my stance about people like yourself...

OK. You didn't say ++*@ Paul McCartney. But to still take the ++*@ your culture stance is ridiculous. You did say show me any evidence he cares about the people of American ghetto's. No, he hasn't dontated to the American ghetto help fund, but he has donated to groups that do indeed help the less fortunate of this country and world wide. Instead it's ++*@ your culture, you know the one that promotes kick @@% music and peace and love towards others.

Yes it is stupid to mock someone because they don't know who Paul McCartney is. However, your whole "he hasn't helped the hood therefore he is meaningless to me" stance is equally as stupid. There are plenty of people who haven't helped me in any particular way that I still highly regard, even more so than Paul McCartney. We should respect all people who have helped make the world a better place not say " he hasn't helped me personally so I don't care about him nor should I ever." Blame america's ghettos for worshiping the waka flockas of the world and not giving a damn about people like Paul McCartney i.e. people that make a difference.

Why does McJagger have "the moves" was he a good dancer too?

its not mcjagger this aint a mcdonalds special lmfaaooooo

mic jagger

its been so long i cant tell if your trollin... i missed you nt <3

I don't know where you are but it ain't no damn 73 degrees here.

Back
Top Bottom