Is Los Angeles as good as they say it is or is it all overrated?

man some of yall got it too nice if youre sayin LA isnt that nice. stay in detroit from november to march and then youll appreciate pretty much anything thats not in a 50 mile radius of this place  
laugh.gif

I love LA because:

- as a Korean, it's the one place in the world that I am away from Korea yet feel like I am in Korea thanks to koreatown. This is probably the world's largest koreatown.
- some of the best restaurants in the world are here.
- I love cars and you really get to see a ton of the best cars here.
- Great weather, great places to go in LA. You really won't be bored living here.

I hate LA because:

- It takes me 1.5-2 hours to drive 20 miles to and from work. (I live near downtown/koreatown and work in long beach)
- You get sucked into this $$$ life style and yes, I could stay away from that but it makes LA fun (clubbing/shopping/nice cars)

It definitely is a city in which it sucks if you don't have money as you look around you and you see so much wealth and it costs a lot to enjoy the nice things in LA but hey, if you have it, it's probably one of the nicest cities to live in the United States. I never appreciated LA that much but my sister moved to Seattle about 6 months ago and every single day, she talks about how she wants to come back to LA. I grew up in San Jose since middle school and went to school in San Diego but out of the 3 cities I have lived in so far, I'd definitely choose LA over the others.

I love LA because:

- as a Korean, it's the one place in the world that I am away from Korea yet feel like I am in Korea thanks to koreatown. This is probably the world's largest koreatown.
- some of the best restaurants in the world are here.
- I love cars and you really get to see a ton of the best cars here.
- Great weather, great places to go in LA. You really won't be bored living here.

I hate LA because:

- It takes me 1.5-2 hours to drive 20 miles to and from work. (I live near downtown/koreatown and work in long beach)
- You get sucked into this $$$ life style and yes, I could stay away from that but it makes LA fun (clubbing/shopping/nice cars)

It definitely is a city in which it sucks if you don't have money as you look around you and you see so much wealth and it costs a lot to enjoy the nice things in LA but hey, if you have it, it's probably one of the nicest cities to live in the United States. I never appreciated LA that much but my sister moved to Seattle about 6 months ago and every single day, she talks about how she wants to come back to LA. I grew up in San Jose since middle school and went to school in San Diego but out of the 3 cities I have lived in so far, I'd definitely choose LA over the others.

I love LA. I live in San Diego, but lived in Guam for about 13 years. Just imagine the ridiculous change of pace. I also lived in Riverside for college and met a lot of people that lived in LA. Every time we went up to LA (about 1-2 hours away depending on which part of LA), it felt like such a big surge of energy with all the different people hustlin and bustlin. I love San Diego, but it's not as fast paced and busy as LA. SOOOOO I guess if you're into dat fast paced lifestyle and want to be surrounded by (let's face it,) superficial or people too real depending on which side you're on, you will like LA.

By the way, even though I've never been to the bay, the realest and downest people I met in college were all from the Bay. They all had great sense of style, they were straight forward, and they seemed more put together. Can't really put my finger on it, but there was something about them that you could tell they were from the bay.

da place hella overrated b.
San Diego>

I've never been to either
San Diego > L.A.

No question. Not even debatable anymore. L.A. is trashy and becoming more so.
I hate LA, it's overrated. Plus it looks poor.
LA is wack. Too crowded and polluted. Orange County is where it's at
smokin.gif
You never been to AZ. AZ is everything Cali should be. Plus LA dudes steal our style...

I think I have it figured out

See somewhere like Boston or NY I can just drop you off on the corner and you'll find something to do

In LA there is a real exploration process you have to go through to really find the :pimp: places

However, I have lived in LA my whole life and never been to either of the other cities I've mentioned so I'm just saying this off what others have told me :lol:

LA >>>>>>>>

Man I've been to numerous cities, and NOT ONE can compare to Los Angeles, none.

If it wasn't for SF, I'd live in LA. In the end which of the major Cali cities is the best comes down to preference

SF if you want to live in an actual city without the rudeness of East Coasters, and if you're a laid-back type of person
LA if you prefer the suburban sprawl type of setting and need your space (for example one of my SoCal friends loves SF but doesn't want to live there because of how crowded it is everywhere) but want a great nightlife too

but no matter what, living in SF or LA >>>>>>>>>>>>anywhere else in the US besides NYC

Last edited:
Visited LA a couple times and it's nice to the parts I've been in. Traveling around sucks tho it always gave me headaches :lol:

LA and all of LA County suck ***.

San Diego and most of Orange County is where it's at in SoCal.

It goes

SF/SD>Bakersfield>Fresno>Merced>Modesto>Stockton>LA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom