Is society TOO sexualized these days?

Now, don't get me wrong. I like getting my **** wet as much as the next guy. In fact, I probably like it a bit too much, which is why I ended up getting a gift for Father's Day last year.

That said, it just seems like everyone is always waving their sex organs around ALL THE TIME nowadays. The media, of course, but it's people too. Do most people even ever talk about anything else?

I'm not at all saying that talking about it is wrong..I appreciate the Sex Ed thread, and my lady doesn't know it, but she does too. It's just that sometimes it's like there's no such thing as discretion any more.

I go on these social network sites with chicks openly screaming about the quantity and quality of their fellatious escapades, dudes not even being able to look at a woman without getting their **** involved in the observation, and just being bombarded with attention-starved T&A everydamnwhere to the point where the images themselves don't even do much for me any more...like "oh, that is indeed a pair of buttocks" or "yes, you have ******* too. Thank you for showing me those, surely no other woman could have enraptured me in such a fashion. I now have no further reason to concern myself with you." Is this really how things are supposed to be?

I've never noticed that people spend so much time and effort on what typically amounts to 15-20 minutes of a given lucky day. It seems like somewhere along the line people forgot that there are other things to life too. Sex damn sure has its' time and place, but Janet Jackson might have been prophetic about the future state of interpersonal relations with that one song.

I'll skip the pregnancy portion of this diatribe, but yeah, that too. A lot of kids and not enough parents coming out of the way our society works these days. I guess the new Plan B laws might put a dent in that, but still.

I always think of the old saying about bread and circuses. Perhaps a constant state of sexual charge in people is the easiest circus to maintain.

IDK, there is the distinct possiblity that I'm being a prude about the whole thing. Blame my upbringing...it's the programming of my OS. I just wonder if we're a bit too oversexed here in this brave new world.

Your thoughts, NT?

Last edited:
I agree with you OP....i have 0 answers for how to reverse this or make it better though.

But i guess in reality i could avoid it to make it better for myself. Being on NT you see tons of pics of attractive women, same with IG, and Facebook, and Twitter. So I could just remove myself from the environment i suppose. I really don't see people walking around too often looking like they do when they take pics and post them online

I have no issue with discussing sex though. Unless like you said, girls are bragging about their exploits...in which case i judge them as floozys and wish not to interact with them.

Last edited:
Basically, what you're saying is, that people are mad thirsty these days (Men and Women). I agree.

Last edited:
Hell naw.

Compared to the rest of the world, we're some prudes in the US.
That could be true. They don't blur a damn thing in many overseas shows, and that's about the extent of my experiences abroad.

Maybe it's just changed a lot in the past few years. I don't remember it being this way. This post was inspired by one of my friendsite friends posting a status about this weird sexual adventure she had with some guy.

My first thought was "why would you share that?", but then I noticed that nobody else was batting an eye. Maybe this is just the way things go now. I decided to check my perspective by comparing it to others within my demographic...naturally, I came to NT.

Basically, what you're saying is, that people are mad thirsty these days (Men and Women). I agree.
I guess that is what I'm saying. I don't know, the **** disturbs me.

Last edited:
We're way too sexualized yes. Look on IG, FB, how many of these broads are tryna look sexy with they poses. Then you turn on the tv, every show has at least 5 minutes dedicated to sex in one capacity or another. Then you have commercials that use sex to sell products. Then you have the Internet where sex is in essence everywhere. It's sad man. This country has become all about sex. Girls idolize Monroe because she was a sex symbol instead of Audrey Hepburn whom on the surface (ol girl could've been a major freak) was the epitome of class and how a woman should hold herself. Kids are ******g younger and younger and yes in part it's the parenting but the real reason why they exploring as much as they are nowadays is because of the music and **** they see on tv. We're way too sexualized as a society and I'm far from a prude but sex is supposed to have meaning and it just doesn't anymore. Everybody's about body counts nowadays instead of love.

We're way too sexualized yes. Look on IG, FB, how many of these broads are tryna look sexy with they poses. Then you turn on the tv, every show has at least 5 minutes dedicated to sex in one capacity or another. Then you have commercials that use sex to sell products. Then you have the Internet where sex is in essence everywhere. It's sad man. This country has become all about sex. Girls idolize Monroe because she was a sex symbol instead of Audrey Hepburn whom on the surface (ol girl could've been a major freak) was the epitome of class and how a woman should hold herself. Kids are ******g younger and younger and yes in part it's the parenting but the real reason why they exploring as much as they are nowadays is because of the music and **** they see on tv. We're way too sexualized as a society and I'm far from a prude but sex is supposed to have meaning and it just doesn't anymore. Everybody's about body counts nowadays instead of love.
That's what I was looking for! MEANING. It's supposed to have a meaning at some point, and it just seems like it's as casual as a high-five now. CLASS. My mommy taught me what a classy lady was, and I'm lucky if I see one a week. LOVE. Sex by itself has nothing on it. People don't make connections any more, and that's part of what makes us human.

When you think about it, no matter if you're ******* the hottest chick at the bar or the last option in your phone, afterwards when you're looking at the ceiling it's just a nut. A nut. A release of semen, a few waves of (admittedly serious) pleasure, and a 10-minute afterglow. How has that become one of the most important concepts in society?

I shudder to think what it's going to be like for my kid...there's a significant chance I may one day have a grandchild who is at least half *****.

Last edited:
Sex is the foundation of our existence. I don't see much wrong with it being out there like it is....without sex we would perish as a species.

but it's wrong when freshman chicks in high school think it's right for them to dress the way they do and sleep with dudes because they feel it'll help them fit in and such only to then fight about it and call each other boppers.

Our society is definitely to sexualized, at a young age.

Sex is the foundation of our existence. I don't see much wrong with it being out there like it is....without sex we would perish as a species.
Mostly true, but there's just too much emphasis on it in the present day IMO. We're not exactly an endangered species, so the necessitous facet of sex is somewhat overrated. Besides, most people are not having sex for procreation anyway. I know I wasn't.

but it's wrong when freshman chicks in high school think it's right for them to dress the way they do and sleep with dudes because they feel it'll help them fit in and such only to then fight about it and call each other boppers.

A thousand times yes. I don't care what kind of liberation rhetoric you put behind it, a 15 year old girl (or boy for that matter) has NO BUSINESS having sex of any kind. It's a damn shame, because that's what everything around them tells them to do.

Last edited:
Repped. That was an awesome post.

I feel the same way. I talk a lot about yambs on here... but the foundation of my agenda is to really promote self confidence.

You dont have to go to extreme lengths to get someone to appreciate you... but it seems like you have to in today's world.

You HAVE to talk about how you lick yambs on twitter. You HAVE to talk about how you a real ***** and he keep coming back for more. You HAVE to post pics of your possessions and body parts...

It seems like that's the only way to get recognized...

:smh:

I don't think we're overly sexualized in American society, I think we're actually sexually repressed and that's what causes all these IG, twitter, and FB fame ****** to post the pics they do. Do you think this society would accept this on children's tv today?

Although I feel this would involve more research in the psychology of sex to determine what really is the cause, since this is just my personal opinion.

A thousand times yes. I don't care what kind of liberation rhetoric you put behind it, a 15 year old girl (or boy for that matter) has NO BUSINESS having sex of any kind. It's a damn shame, because that's what everything around them tells them to do.
[/quote]

it's not even that about the sexual intercourse. Don't get me wrong, 14 and 15 year olds shouldn't be pressured into sex either but I see a huge part of the problem coming from the way the Role models dress. For example, all these young girls see a chick wearing practically nothing on IG with 100 likes, you don't think they want 100 likes? It's human nature for people to want to be desired and liked. Back in the day there was no IG or technology to unite the generations. So yes, the older folks did do the same stuff and such, but the younger generation wasn't witnessing it. I for damn sure act a lot more responsible and mature around my little cousins than I do with my friends, gotta set a good example.

eh. yeah sure.

i don't really care though. sex is natural. body parts are natural.

some girls are sluts, some dudes are thirsty. so is life.

I don't think we're overly sexualized in American society, I think we're actually sexually repressed and that's what causes all these IG, twitter, and FB fame ****** to post the pics they do. Do you think this society would accept this on children's tv today?

Although I feel this would involve more research in the psychology of sex to determine what really is the cause, since this is just my personal opinion.
laugh.gif
Fair point, but Rocko's Modern Life was written by a team of habitual line-steppers. I mean, the restaurant was called the "Chokey Chicken" tho. That's not appropriate for any era of children's programming.

Anyway, I do see the basis for your theory. Perhaps this new obsession started with rebelling against the comparatively repressed nature of American society, I think it's reached the point where it's a norm now. I don't know how to feel about that.

it's not even that about the sexual intercourse. Don't get me wrong, 14 and 15 year olds shouldn't be pressured into sex either but I see a huge part of the problem coming from the way the Role models dress. For example, all these young girls see a chick wearing practically nothing on IG with 100 likes, you don't think they want 100 likes? It's human nature for people to want to be desired and liked. Back in the day there was no IG or technology to unite the generations. So yes, the older folks did do the same stuff and such, but the younger generation wasn't witnessing it. I for damn sure act a lot more responsible and mature around my little cousins than I do with my friends, gotta set a good example.[/quote]
I can dig that. Everybody wants to be liked, it's just that in my day (
laugh.gif
) you had to be either cute, funny or good at something to be really liked. There were the class "comfort girls", of course, but they were kept in the proper place. Nobody liked them, people just wanted to use their bodies for assisted masturbation.

Now getting people's attention and favor is as easy and basic as showing your goods, and while that's effective--the fireworks of attention-grabbing-- nobody gives a **** after the show is over. They all find more interesting things to do. I guess that's what a lot of folk don't grasp, how temporary easy attention is.

laugh.gif
Fair point, but Rocko's Modern Life was written by a team of habitual line-steppers. I mean, the restaurant was called the "Chokey Chicken" tho. That's not appropriate for any era of children's programming.

Anyway, I do see the basis for your theory. Perhaps this new obsession started with rebelling against the comparatively repressed nature of American society, I think it's reached the point where it's a norm now. I don't know how to feel about that.
I can find a lot more cartoons in the early-late 90s that wouldn't be accepted today (like H.I.M from powerpuff girls) but that's what I always believed. Think about it this way, everyone knows that one girl who had strict parents who didn't let her go anywhere or do anything and the minute she went away to college, she became a blank dumpster. I think when society represses our natural curiosity to sex and people become judgemental when you freely talk about it and explore it; we get this sort of "acting out". American society is over compensating for lack of sex ed and open environment to talk about sex freely without free of being judged or ridiculed. (Again this is just my opinion) 

Last edited:
Don't take what im about to say the wrong way....but you become sexually mature at a certain age for a reason.

Im not saying teenagers should be having sex just because they can....im saying that just because you don't think its right doesnt make it wrong

the thing about people saying Europe is much more sexualized might be true, but Western European countries have a much lower teen birth rate compared to the US. 

IMO, i think the topic of sex is more open in Europe, so they are better equipped to handle it. i feel that sex as a teen in the US is almost a taboo and many parents are naive thinking their kids aren't having it so the issue never gets brought up. not saying our way or theirs is any better than the other, just how ours and their respective cultures are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom