Is The Hangover Overrated?

Pretty much everyone I know told me that The Hangover is the funniest movie ever.  So I bought it and watched it and I was entertained but it wasn't as funny as everyone made it out to be.  I should have rented it first.

its one of those movies that is you watch with other people is hilarious....plus the more you watch it the more you see stuff to laugh at....

I think so. I didn't see it in the theater because everyone else I knew had already saw it. I also saw it on DVD. It had its moments..but everyone told me it was the funniest movie in years. IMO it didn't lived up to the hype.

Saw all those fb groups on the hangover quotes before I saw it, really killed it for me. I was like "I saw that coming" to everything.

So IMO it didnt live up to the hype.

Not sure.

It's hilarious but folks so as far as calling it the funniest movie ever and its clearly not.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Not sure.

It's hilarious but folks so as far as calling it the funniest movie ever and its clearly not.

this.. i had low expectations for this movie.. but was pleasantly surprised.. watched it a few times already and i still laugh. 

A little bit, everyone I knew that saw it said it was the funniest movie of all time. It was definitely very funny but not GOAT status that everybody said it was

allan+chinese gangster+wedding singer made the whole movie, everyone else provided no laughs

plus it was very general-like, like judds movies are original stories(gives it reply value imo), given the "hungover in vegas" premise it had better been funny

verdict: it was funny

People did the same thing when Wedding Crashers came out too. They hyped it up, I watched it and it wasn't as funny as people said. I saw Superbad for the first time on FX the other night and I laughed more to TV edited Superbad than I did The Hangover.

Edit:  The part I laughed at the hardest was when Stu was playing the piano and started singing about the tiger and *@%*.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

People did the same thing when Wedding Crashers came out too. They hyped it up, I watched it and it wasn't as funny as people said. I saw Superbad for the first time on FX the other night and I laughed more to TV edited Superbad than I did The Hangover.
don't compare the GOAT comedy to the Hangover

Definitely wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. Great movie, but just not the funniest movie in the world.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Superbad?  I picked that up too w/ the Hangover.  I'm gonna watch tomorrow, can't wait.

you should know by now that public america are a bunch of idiots...if something is amazing.....its really 2 steps down....if something is good....its really 2 steps down....

I never really understood the whole overrated complaint, basically you just didn't like a movie that was very popular.

Comedy is very subjective, but to me it was hilarious. Most of the time when you're disappointed about a movie it's because people listen too much to others and get too high of expectations.

loved the movie not the funniest movie ever but its good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Superbad?  I picked that up too w/ the Hangover.  I'm gonna watch tomorrow, can't wait.
The goat imo, and you saw it edited, thats terrible, prepare to laugh yourself into a coma

Back
Top Bottom