Is the self-checkout at the supermarket really all that?

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

21shots wrote:
Second paragraph: You decide to, completely irrelevant to the question you propose, talk about your insecurities. @+%% outta here with that either a) go to sleep or b) go and talk with Hazeleyehoney about your sweatpant insecurities, and she can cry to you about her pancake booty

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Great post!  

Some systems are better than others.

Originally Posted by ReJimen

five finger discount FTW...scan scan pass scan scan pass

The machines are pretty smart. They have weight sensors that know when you add something if you don't ring it up.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by airkeung88

For less items, I use it a lot at the self checkout. Save me time and it's also easy to use.
Yup. I don't understand people who have a a full cart of items and still use it. That and people don't know how to use it.
laugh.gif
They lose more time that way.

My local SFW has 3 self checkout lanes: 2 lanes with a full-size conveyor belt and 1 with 2 mini joints. Some people try to ring up 20 items on a mini joint.
laugh.gif

They aren't that hard. Scan, press finish and pay, swipe CC and dip. People be standing there staring at the screen for 10mins over 5 items
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ive never seen a self check with an overseer..that kinda defeats the whole purpose.

there usually there for the stupid people that cant use them...but it doesn't defeat the purpose because it still is one person and 4 registers....cuts out at least 3 extra workers.

the self check out is only as good/fast as the people in front of you........you get some lady with kids and a cart full of things, it feels like she has been sent to slow my day up......but usually it saves me time....

I don't see any positives to self-checkout or U-Scan as my local supermarket calls it.  The scale only accommodates two bags so it is only convenient for about 15 items and the line is usually as long as the regular checkout. 

love them joints. went to walmart, found a price mistake and went to self checkout. no harm no foul

My local supermarket got rid of self-checkout because of theft.
laugh.gif
I'll be honest, I used to put my grapes in the system as bananas to save money, but I quit that ASAP as soon as they put a customer service rep at a station right in front of the self-checkout area.

I hate when people bring a ton of stuff in. They should be reserved for people with very few items. Plus, the self-checkout area with the bags only allow you to use three bags at a time, and if you remove a bag, it alerts the manager, and they come running out.

Back
Top Bottom