Is the shoe game dead

I wouldn't say dead on my part. I just refuse to settle for the garbage they put out, so I instead go hunting. As in getting originals or older retros from 2002 and below, oh and I only settle for original colors as well.

maybe a little dead on nt but dead for the masses? no. spikes and fusions sell great. i think a lot of people just get older and its not a big thing anymore. i think the economy now is a big factor. paying $ 170.00 for a shoe is hard for some at the moment.

No not yet but its kinda gettin wack and no as fun as it use to be collecting. JB recent releases have just ruined it for me but saved me alot of money. This year I only picked up the Varsity Red VI's, QF II's, and Powder IX and picked up older retro's. I dont plan on spending another penny till the Cool Grey XI's

No you just need to look beyond the swoosh and the jumpman . They are not the end all be all of the shoe game

The shoe game as a whole?? Nan... JB's game possibly... people have been lookin to other nike releases in hopes of quality products, yet JB's still having continuous sell outs so its kinda hard to say at this point I think flint XIII's and Cool grey XI's release will be peoples final straw imo...

The shoe game as a whole?? Nan... JB's game possibly... people have been lookin to other nike releases in hopes of quality products, yet JB's still having continuous sell outs so its kinda hard to say at this point I think flint XIII's and Cool grey XI's release will be peoples final straw imo...

Don't think the shoe game is dead.. i think the economy has a factor.. before i would double up and buy jordans for myself.. now i barely even buy any for keeps.. Quality probably also plays a big factor into it.

Well some people say that its alive and well and others dead and gone. For me, the only time the game was alive, IMO, was when I was a kid and MJ was playing. Back when quality was superb and crazy idiot line-waiting hypebeasts had yet to exist. I truly miss those days, I really do. Also back when my parents bought my J's, OHH MAN.
laugh.gif

Can't say dead because people will forever buy retro's, especially the noobs and hype beasts who just barely got into the game who never wore or experienced the quality of OG's or the older retro's from the mid to late 1990's. I've never liked fusions and thought they are completely played out. But they seem to sell so if people keep buying, then JB will keep producing.
smh.gif

It's not dead, but there isn't as much hype as there was about a year or two ago. With the exception of the space jams, most releases lately have been pretty easy. The other exception being the silver anniversary 11s, but they were in limited quantities. It is probably due in some part to the fusions and team jordans, but I think a large segment of the skateboarding crowd that crossed over into jordans is slowly leaving.

it's not dead, alot of people are losing interest in JB though...but that isn't gonna change anything at the end of the day. people still buy Jordans despite the crappy cw's, fusions and low quality retros

Back
Top Bottom