Is the shoe game dead

Far from dead...it's prob. bigger than ever!!

It's just that a lot of OG's and collectors are steering away from JB and looking to other brands/sig. lines.

I for one have very little interest in JB other than a few of the Vi's this year!

I honestly could careless about anything else dropping this year, next year 1st quarter should be exciting tho...we'll see!

"shoe game"? nahh.. JB? yess... well its about to i guess.. maybe in 5 years.. noone would give a damn bout retroz

When a generation fades, a new one will come to replace it.
Personally for me, I've been lacking in Jordan Brand...due to their continuous mash up of shoes, horrible quality, and just plain out laziness from the brand.
They don't offer anything up on the plate,  if I want Retros ill buy retros, stop with the Re-retros when there are plenty of other colors/sigs that need to be retroed.

Nike is going strong, Kobes, LeBrons, Air Maxes...etc, etc.  I rather get the innovative stuff than continuing to buy older models, and retros that will forever be coming out.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

I wouldn't say dead on my part. I just refuse to settle for the garbage they put out, so I instead go hunting. As in getting originals or older retros from 2002 and below, oh and I only settle for original colors as well.

Exactly, this method is better all around. No camping, no stressing new releases, and the shoes you do end up getting are virtually always better than whatever is being put out nowadays. Only downside is it can be more pricey.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

No you just need to look beyond the swoosh and the jumpman . They are not the end all be all of the shoe game

THANK YOU! These days, being into sneakers is synonymous with purchasing Nikes, which is absolutely ridiculous. I think the last Nike/JB new release I looked forward to was the Jordan XX3, and before that, the Tiffany Dunks. Adidas and Puma, among other brands, are still pumping out original models in original colorways, with little compromise to quality and at fairly reasonable prices. They actually put out new releases I can look forward to, without being disappointed in quality, build, colorway, etc. because their retros are on point. This blind loyalty to Nike/JB just baffles me (what do people get out of brand loyalty? Not a darn thing.). Open your eyes folks, dope shoes don't all come with swooshes or jumpmen on them. *End rant*
laugh.gif

Yeah I feel its taken a turn for the worst with Fusions, horrible ideas for Colorways and Quality thats just straight garbage, but The shoe game will never die.

I will be rockin my grails til my casket closes

if this is a game then how do you win?

i'm more inclined to think that a dude with one pair he loves and rocks every day until they fall apart to be far more win in life than a dude with 500 pairs all boxed in a darkened garage only to probably yellow and fall apart over time.

I am not sure if it is dead but after the Infrared pack comes out I might be out of the game for a while.

haha "shoe game"...why do idiots call it shoe game??...Whats next "hey guys lets start a shoe crew!!"... LAMES

its funny me and my friend were talking about this the other day. ima say no. i mean its been 25 years and jb is STILL going strong in terms or sales and everything. people could have said it died a while ago but as you can cleareley see its not so no i dont think its dead.

I think the second wave of the shoe game is dead....now it's onto the third. Just like the original shoe wave of the late 80s/early 90s eventually died and then the second wave reemerged when retros started coming out.

Things are just way different now, it's not about quality or the player behind the shoe now. It's just kinda cool to own a lot of sneakers now...thats about it.

its like saying is hip hop is dead. I don't think so, if you're not into the new releases and stuff, cop  OGs and older retros.

Even if the "shoe game" dies, there will always be people who just love sneakers and thats what this whole thing was about in the first place

Back
Top Bottom