Is the shoe game dead

Originally Posted by Sos soldier

Even if the "shoe game" dies, there will always be people who just love sneakers and thats what this whole thing was about in the first place

In that case I hope it dies.
pimp.gif

Shoe game ain't dead the suits still get money from newbies with fusions and other "stuff" while still getting money from others who wouldn't buy that "stuff" but would pay for the shoes we had back in the day...It's a win win for them
eek.gif
 Cats complain about quality but still buy because once it's in you to keep your shoe game right it stays in you like DNA, no matter how much you complain you will still swipe that card. Shoe game will never die due to the aforementioned facts.

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Far from dead, people are just broke.

This is what I was thinking, but you look around NT, it's like what recession lol...

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

I wouldn't say dead on my part. I just refuse to settle for the garbage they put out, so I instead go hunting. As in getting originals or older retros from 2002 and below, oh and I only settle for original colors as well.

it died when pictures and non rumors from people like snuggles mcduggle stop appearing

I dont know what a shoe game is, but I do know people need shoes and a lot of those people want to look as freash as can be, so in that case I dont think this "shoe game" will ever end.

once ur hooked, its real tough to get out
then u just always planning what shoes to get next and seeing how much cash u got
i could say "shoe game dead" but then again im bout to go cop somethin today so i'd be full of !+%@

Who cares if it's "dead"?. I will continue to buy what I like and could give a #$%& if it's "in or out".

Shoe Game? What? Are you competing with others?

The "Shoe Game" for me is finding all the Nikes/Air Jordans that I like/loved from my child hood that I've never had the chance to get because I was poor.

That's the only shoe game for me, once I found all the sneakers that I'm looking for, I'm done.

I dont think its dead, the problem with jb is they have over-saturated the market with their product and the upper management of the company. If you walk into a

shoe store like footlocker, finishline, champs and etc. you are gonna see at least 15 different pairs of shoes with jumpman logos on them. As a result the shoe itself

looses its luster when that happens. The other thing is the management of the company, they put these sneakers out too close together. Like the spacejam

dropped late dec around christmas for 175. thats a lot of folks whole christmas' right there. Then you turn around and put the VI's a highly coveted shoe out a couple

of weeks later for 150. the vi's sat on the shelf because of that. here we are in mid may and you can still get those vi's for retail.

I WILL SAY that JB AND NIKE NEED THE $$$$... look @ all the heat coming out POOR QUALITY AND MORE MONEY AND THEY MAKE EM IN CHINA FOR LIKE $3.00 A PAIR BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.... the shoe game as a whole yes is falling! but NIKE & JORDAN DROPPIN OG'S AND MORE XI'S TO COMPENSATE AND GIVE THE PPL WHAT THEY WANT!

not dead...just a little ill...
laugh.gif

I believe just like with most markets its cyclical, and depends on the economy...for instance...in the '80's when the economy was all jacked up because the bushes were in charge and starting oil wars, before MJ and Air Jordans started to change everything, and before Clinton got control and turned the economy around most kids/teens were wearing flat sole/skate type shoes like vans which were much cheaper, but still had sense of style...they were also wearing tight clothes with bright neon like colors (think spandex...I mean did we really wear those
laugh.gif
) The when the economy rebounded in the 90's and MJ dominated, people started caring more about higher priced Nike/Jordan b-ball shoes, and apparel...

so I'm looking at now with all the tight cloth wearing, Supra loving youngins...and I believe, after this summer of NBA free agency, which will give Lebron a chance to be in a global marketplace, Obama will restore some faith in the economy, and I believe there will be the same type of recovery/growth in the "sneaker game" as we did in the 90's....

I thought the shoe game was dead at least for me it was after years of buying shoes, but recently with some of these JB and Nike releases it came back to life for me. The shoe is game also better now cause JB retros are coming out in single pairs again and not in these expensive $$# packs every two weeks. Reminds me of the good old days.

Back
Top Bottom