IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

Movie was pretty good.

I know more can be done with CGI but it really takes a lot out of the scares compared to practical FXs

Maybe it's just childhood nostalgia but the CG kind of takes me out of moments that would/should be scary

Example
2985UNILAD-imageoptim-it-1990-movie-review-stephen-king-tim-curry-pennywise-the-clown-scary-pointy-teeth.jpg

pennywise-clown-it-2017-teeth.png

When it comes to horror I really prefer practical.

They really did the Mike Hanlon character dirty. :smh:

Barely in the movie and really doesn't do anything.

Supposedly he's going to have a bigger role in Part 2.

Just so people that are complaining about the CGI are aware, the actor that played Pennywise, worked with a contortionist and when his eyes went in opposite directions, the actor already had the ability to do that, so if anything besides the morphing and when the character was damaged by the kids and of course opening his mouth extra wide, everything else was practical.
feel like they used CGI when it was appropiate and didn't over do it

Really hoping the actor does the eye thing in the bonus features

The only way I got to see it with my wife was if it were in daytime. After seeing it with her, I can't talk like Pennywise, discuss the movie with her in general :lol: I tried sharing some trivia with her and she shut it down quickly. She really scared of clowns, so I appreciate it.

I call it revenge for all the films we see she claims are "scary" that really aren't and the 50 shades film she will be dragging me to.

I never understood the "scared of clowns" thing. That and the "scared of the dentist" thing has always been weird to me.

IT came out in 1990. This dude really does come back every 27 years.

I enjoyed this remake. It wasn't over the top and it still managed to creep me out as an adult. I would def recommend seeing it in theaters.

IT: Pennywise Actor Says ‘Disturbing’ 1600s Flashback Was Cut

“There was a scene we shot that was a flashback from the 1600s, before Pennywise [was Pennywise]. The scene turned out really, really disturbing. And I’m not the clown. I look more like myself. It’s very disturbing, and sort of a backstory for what It is, or where Pennywise came from. That might be something worth exploring in the second one. The idea is the ‘It’ entity was dormant for thousands and thousands of years. The [flashback] scene hints on that.”

Richie was pure gold.

I hope in the sequel they ignore the whole every 27 years thing and come back to them a year or 2 later just so Richie can continue to shine and stunt.

Son really had endless lines and throw away comments tacked on to scenes :lol:

Son said "I can't believe I drew the short straw. If this was a wang measuring contest no way I lose."

"Is this a thing only virgins can see?"

:rofl:

Last edited:
The only thing good about this movie was the comedy.

"Look at this mother******, he's leaking hamburger helper" :rofl:

"You punched me, you made me walk through sewer water, you made me go to a crackhouse..."

:rofl: Jokes for days

This movie definitely felt like a dark comedy for me, and not just because of Richie. Pennywise was hilarious in his own way too.

Richie was def the best part.

So weird seeing him so different in Stranger Things lol

The virgin joke killed me and when he walked into the room with all the clowns and cussed. Bro I was dying.

Only part I was like oh crap was that weird painting. Man that lady was really scary :lol:

This movie definitely felt like a dark comedy for me, and not just because of Richie. Pennywise was hilarious in his own way too.

When bruh started dancing on that stage in the sewer, had the whole theater cranking up. If this was a conedy spoof, id give it more credit. Horror? Not so much

Mulling it over some more...

I like the new movie (for what it was) a little bit more than the original, but I love the original Pennywise more than the new one.

Back
Top Bottom