IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

Loved the entire film. The suspense, the comedy, the horror. Man the kids were sooooo good. Pennywise was legit scary.

I wouldnt classify this as a straight horror movie, but it had scary parts. Overall i thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It hit all the marks for me.

It was a well-made movie. I'm old enough to remember the OG, and I was never really that moved by it as a kid. I don't know if the toned-down violence for TV had something to do with it, or the length of it (being a 3 hr miniseries). All the characters were well-developed, and I actually cared about them, which is pretty rare for horror flicks these days. Some of the kids were a little TOO sharp for their age and maturity level, but that's probably my only legitimate gripe, if that really is one. It's not one of the best horror movies in my book, but I can watch it again without picking it apart too much. It was pretty enjoyable.

Yeah they only hinted at it..
screen-shot-2017-03-29-at-171349.jpg

Yea it was several hints throughout the movie where I could sense that his background was something racial.

In fact when the historian of the group referenced Derry's biggest flaw or however it was referenced... I was thinking is he talking about racism?? And then when the bully got a hold of him and started talking about his family. and then when he told his biggest fear and said he was an "outsider" and stuff, it def wasnt limited to being home schooled.

Movie was pretty good I enjoyed it.

Little fat dude was okay :lol:

I wanted those bully kids to get washed so badly :smh:

Slicing up little porkchop like that.

Only think was I thought it was long and kind of dragged on before the "final showdown".

The garage scene was crazy though.

Some of the kids were a little TOO sharp for their age and maturity level, but that's probably my only legitimate gripe, if that really is one.

That was one of the most realistic things about the film. (Some) Kids that age (13-14) are very mature, so I wasn't caught of gaurd by any of their actions and vocabulary. You can find millions of Richie's in public schools across America. I was one of them. :lol: I learned how to swear, got in my first fight, and said all kids of foul stuff, all in the 2nd grade.

Can I take my 5 year old to the movie?

She was unfazed by The Conjuring 2 and Lights Out :lol:

She actually laughed at...

Made me jump :smh:

Can I take my 5 year old to the movie?

She was unfazed by The Conjuring 2 and Lights Out :lol:

She actually laughed at...

Made me jump :smh:

When I was 5, I saw Empire Strikes Back in the theater when it originally came out & the Vader/Luke scene was traumatizing for me. :lol:

But I guess kids are more desensitized these dayz.

Thinking back and the garage scene was definitely one of the best scenes in the movie. Other awesome scene was when one of the bullies got killed in the sewers...when Pennywise just appeared right before killing him :pimp:

Like someone said earlier in the thread, none of these films are supposed to be "scary" when you're an adult. Reality itself is scary enough...

The Exorcist was supposed to be scary (for adults.) Just one example. But again, different times.

It's almost like different people have different opinions or something :wow:

It's literally only him and I not liking the movie, with everyone else hailing it as an amazing movie, neven just good/great, but beyond that. Does it make more sense why I said what I did? .....

It's literally only him and I not liking the movie, with everyone else hailing it as an amazing movie, neven just good/great, but beyond that. Does it make more sense why I said what I did? .....

It made sense the first time I read it. Yall just didn't feel it like other people did. Doesn't make anybody right or wrong, it's a movie :lol: that's why I said what I said.

I personally enjoyed it a lot, horror is my favorite genre and I haven't enjoyed a horror movie like this since Cabin In The Woods.

Gonna give it a 2nd try his weekend... this time I will watch it IMAX, see if that makes a difference.

San Genarro Feast this weekend, then I'll catch "Mother" and "It" again on either IMAX or Dolby.

So many people on here saying it beat their expectations, wow...

I really hate to be that guy, but I can't say I enjoyed myself during the movie. the original movie is so damn legendary and good to me, so I had to see this on opening day. I was just not a fan of how they tried to make the movie all "cute" and not completely dark for the whole movie. They tried so hard to get laughs, which just caught me off guard and made me hate it, yes I know they want you to love the characters, but cmon. The rock throwing scene made me want to walk of the movie theatre, like this is supposed to be a dark and twisted film..story just didn't piece together that well for as well, felt like the scary scenes got repetitive and you knew when was about to happen.

Legendary? :rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom