J.J. Hickson may be involved with trade talks regarding Amare to Cavs...

i dont think the cavs fans on this board realize how bad of a team player amare is.

hes been strictly ALL about his numbers, and if the ball isnt in his hands 99% of the time hes gonna half-!%+ it.

That window of opportunity that the Suns had, he didnt talk about winning a championship, but all you heard him yapp about was being the number 1 dude and gotmatrix's !%+ shipped outta there.

His overall defense (man and postup) is horrible, he gets bodied and pushed around and dont think block shots = defense. For his size he's a horriblerebounder, i mean a horrible rebounder.

thats why i hope he goes to the cavs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

i dont think the cavs fans on this board realize how bad of a team player amare is.

hes been strictly ALL about his numbers, and if the ball isnt in his hands 99% of the time hes gonna half-!%+ it.

That window of opportunity that the Suns had, he didnt talk about winning a championship, but all you heard him yapp about was being the number 1 dude and got matrix's !%+ shipped outta there.

His overall defense (man and postup) is horrible, he gets bodied and pushed around and dont think block shots = defense. For his size he's a horrible rebounder, i mean a horrible rebounder.

thats why i hope he goes to the cavs
laugh.gif
ahh Lebron would smack the fire outta him

LeBron and Mike Brown would get dude there mentally.

I don't blame Stat being the way he is coming from D'Anphony's system. F___ defense, lets run...
it will probably be like when suns traded for shaq thinking he was the missing piece needed for the championship

2klpmw.jpg

Amare is HOW old?

Shaq is HOW old?

You tell me who's on the decline and who's on the ascension...

Dude has all the tools to be great.

LeBron wasn't always a dominant defensive player ya know...

But seriously, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about him coming to Cleveland
laugh.gif

anything that gives hope to a place like cleveland, always gets me
laugh.gif

because, in the end they'll always be ... from cleveland.

smh.gif
@ this dude having an orgasm of seeing amare in a cavs uni

Okay lets say we bring in Amare for for Wally, Hickson and a 1st and Amare is willing to resign as rumored. This really opens things up come next offseasonbecause we no longer need to worry about having the cap space to sign two max players, Lebron and someone else.

So we'd have Wallace's ending contract to offer to teams that are facing financial hardship and or looking to clear cap space. Again the key iswe'd have Stoudemire and or Lebron signed or have their bird rights so Ferry doesn't have to worry about cap flexibility in 2010. The only thing Ferryhas to worry about is improving the team and staying under Gilbert's ultimate budget which if we win a championship probably gets even bigger.

Next factor in the fact that spending could be down a little this offseason again, because of the 2010 class and economic conditions. Ferry is armed with thebest player in the league, one of the best post players in the league, an All-Star PG that makes the offense go and the MLE. All of the sudden the money gapfor free agents probably shrinks closer to the MLE because of the money and cap space issues and we're also one of the most likely teams to win achampionship.

I'd prefer not to give up Hickson but if Ferry can bring in Amare, this could help ensure Lebron's return and allow him to focus on making the teameven better in the offseason without having to worry about 2010 flexibility.

so basically amare for trash? hickson is trash, wally is trash, a first rounder in the late 20s?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I'm sorry but they can do better than Hickson and a late 1 for Amare.

a lot better.
Chicago only has 9mil in expirings (gooden + cedric simmons)
they also have Gordon 6mil+ but he has veto powers

Phoenix needs to cut 17mil + off the books,

for Chicago to and Phoenix to make the trade, Phoenix would also have to find a home for newly acquired Richardson or Shaq, Chicago would be looking to moveNocioni for 2 dispensable expiring players.

This sounds like a highly unlikely scenario, whereas with the Cavs its nice and clean (Wally's 15 million off the books), which expirings do you want?

You have to realize that the Suns would be making this move for financial reasons, not necessarily rebuilding or championship run reasons.

so basically amare for trash? hickson is trash, wally is trash, a first rounder in the late 20s?
sick.gif

Laker fan, please remind me what you gave for Gasol?

Here's the latest from the inside source....

OK ....Got back earlier than I thought, but, I'm crashing early and getting an earlier flight tomorrow and heading out to Phoenix for the weekend. Had some late plans change, and I'll have to handle a few things there.

What a day this is turning out to be ...what a weekend should I say.

I have to be careful here guys ... we have no "handshake deal" right now. ok.

We've obviously been in alot of talks with alot of teams. We have a clear priority established as to how we would like things to go for us, with standing pat always an option that we can ultimately go with, and still be happy moving forward.

Being a big part in JJ early pro career here, and going through this is especially tough for me right now. But, when you get into pro ball, this is the reality of the game. Careers can change on a moments notice, and you have to be prepared for anything, at anytime.

Like I say, no handshake deal has been made, and only Phoenix and Amare know precisely where they stand. But, something looks to be happening out in Phoenix. I've found out that Amare and Lebron have been talking, and I think that when I connect the dots, we may have a real deal want and desire for these two to join forces in Cleveland. This could mean for the foreseeable future.

Amare wouldn't want to come here for another short term stint, and if he didn't get the impression from Lebron that he was going to commit longterm, then you wouldn't have them looking to pair up.

I've always been looking to find that player that would ultimately have circumstances for them coincide with ours , at the right time, in order to finally find the missing piece that would ultimately pair with Lebron James and provide him with the team needed to birng him the multiple championships.

This could be the prelude to just that..

If Amare would make his wishes known, he would eliminate all the competition basically. No team is going to give up the farm for a one year rental player, that would be unhappy to boot during that tenure.

In a way, if Amare's wishes are what they appear to be, he is going to basically name his destination here. But, the reality is ...if Lebron wants it, it happens, if he doesn't it doesn't.

Lebron wants it. Amare could be on board with that same view of the future potential of their pairing as well.

To make it short and sweet ... it's not a done deal. I don't know for a fact that Lebron and Amare are of like minds ... I don't know that Phoenix might not get another offer that's better ...like say from a team like the Knicks for instance ...and Amare at the last second might have a chance to rejoin D'Antoni in NY and thoughts change at that moment ... those possiblities exist here ...

But, the way I'm readng things right now ...I think we might have a real deal shot at landing him right now. Certain things that I can't really get into specifics about now ..I read as very positive signs that this could ultimately end up getting done.

If it doesn't, then we seem to have some other options available to us as well. I've spelled some of the basics of some of the other type deals that we might be looking for out in some past threads ...everyone if they have been reading what I've been posting knows what type options we are looking at and exploring.

We've had the dream scenarios, all the way down to the smaller ones in the Joe Smith mold, we have the swingman options, and even the status quo.

Just last night at this time I was of the belief that othing of this caliber looked to be on the horizon, and whaddaya know now I'm heading west and we might be actually in the hunt on this thing.

I still keep falling back on the belief that someone should be able to offer up more than us that has a strong future as well ...but, as I look at the options beig mentioned, it clearly looks like we are the most likely option that exists as I type.

Kepp your fingers crossed ...don't know if I'll gt much sleep tonight, but , the next time you hear from me I will likely be checked in , in Phoenix.

If the Grizzlies can give Phoenix Rudy Gay, Buckner and the Lakers 2010 1st rounder for STAT then it should be a done deal mainly because that will be the bestpackage they will get from any team now. The Suns still get their man, a pick, and cap relief. And that's probably the best deal they will have on thetable. More and more teams are balking at what Phoenix is asking for and moving on to look at alternate scenarios, and the market for Stoudemire suitors isgoing down.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Acid is in love with me.

He follows me everywhere.

Always quoting me....

Please hop off.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
People upset with me and my thread

Frankly I don't care if you like me or my posts. It's the freaking internet
laugh.gif

I'ma keep posting fellas

OH, the bandwagoner is telling guys to hop off. interesting.

I dont understand how people are saying "This really deserves its own thread?"

Yea, it does. Its basically telling you who the 2009 Champions are 3 months ahead of time.

Id say it deserves its own thread.

This trade better happen quick so i can go snatch tickets for when they come to Milwaukee on the 20th.

I dont understand how people are saying "This really deserves its own thread?"

Yea, it does. Its basically telling you who the 2009 Champions are 3 months ahead of time.
premature much? really premature.

I guess its premature cause they dont have him yet...

But if it does happen, not at all. Its a Chip.

Mo, Bron, Amare > KG Ray Pierce, Kobe Pau Odom?, Dwight, Rashard, and every other tandem you can name.

Okay. I guess we should just stop the season then if the trade goes down and hand that trophy to the Cavs....

Originally Posted by BangDak

Acid is in love with me.

He follows me everywhere.

Always quoting me....

Please hop off.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
People upset with me and my thread

Frankly I don't care if you like me or my posts. It's the freaking internet
laugh.gif

I'ma keep posting fellas

OH, the bandwagoner is telling guys to hop off. interesting.

roll.gif
@ thinking I'm a bandwagoner...

Ok, whatever you say chief...

The Cavs seriously needs a season thread so they can just post this in there
tired.gif

But there is not one.

Not tryin to be belligerent but were you forced to click on this thread?

If this was a trade to any other team, and outacontrol didn't start it, there wouldn't be so much hate.

The Cavs seriously needs a season thread so they can just post this in there
tired.gif
But there is not one.

Not tryin to be belligerent but were you forced to click on this thread?

Well then, there's your opportunity to make one
wink.gif

No, I was not forced to click on this thread this thread but it's on page 1. Every little Cleveland Cavalier news is made into a thread. There should beone thread where Cavalier fans can post their little news and whatnot.

Also, there is a Trade Deadline Thread you could have posted this in.

Cut down on the clutter is all I'm asking for.

^no, its the fact that OC made this thread is what pisses most people off. dude stays riding the cavs and complains like a mother.

Back
Top Bottom