Jackie Chan Retires From Action Movies

Originally Posted by kix28

Damn Cole world..... I was hoping for one more rush hour cmon Cartaaah leee cartaaah

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

doesn't mean 1 more rush hour can't be mad, just means he's not going to be hanging from buildings and falling from the Effiel tower

Originally Posted by Mister916

I miss his cartoon. It ended so abruptly.

Word. That was like the last ill cartoon that I HAD to watch on a weekly basis. "One maw thing".

I'm not surprised, the man starred in alot of action pack movies in his prime. As he got older his movies catered to a younger crowd and required an over usage of special effects. Like the movie the karate kid, the tuxedo, which made me stop looking at his movies in total.  

there won't be anyone like him at the box office but i'd pay top dollar to watch tony Jaa ... i don't care how bad the plot is or how many elephants he has to save

The greatest martial arts movie star ever IMO.

And I've still got a few movies I've never seen from him, which I'm excited about.

Jackie Chan > Bruce Lee

Spoiler [+]
Advance upon me, male sibling

Yeah i knew he was done when he was in "The Karate Kid" with jaden Smith and he fought all the little asian kids... it was like 6 of dem.... he looked like he was dancing but was fighting.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

The greatest martial arts movie star ever IMO.

And I've still got a few movies I've never seen from him, which I'm excited about.

Jackie Chan > Bruce Lee

Spoiler [+]
Advance upon me, male sibling

ahahha, shut up man!

All those stunts must've caught up to him. Interesting to see what kind of roles he'll get. I'll still watch his films no matter the role.

Hello all my friends and fans,

Yesterday in my press conference in Cannes for Chinese 12 Zodiac I said that this movie was my last big action movie. 

Today I was shocked when I woke up to read all the news coverage that I was retiring from doing Action movies.

I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working.

I will continue to do international action movies.

And I will keep improving my English :smile:

I love all of you! 

Jackie

damn, i knew this was going to come sooner or later.. 
also reminds me how old i am no too. for a lot of yall too im sure..

Thunderbolt was awesome.. great racer movie with jackie chan kung fu action!

I want a bluray of this movie! yea they sped up the race scenes.. it was obvious, but still very entertaining.. also back in the day when Mitsu >> subaru.. evo is still > sti, but since mitsu doesnt seem to be trying anymore.. oh well thats another story...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Hello all my friends and fans,

Yesterday in my press conference in Cannes for Chinese 12 Zodiac I said that this movie was my last big action movie. 

Today I was shocked when I woke up to read all the news coverage that I was retiring from doing Action movies.

I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working.

I will continue to do international action movies.

And I will keep improving my English :smile:

I love all of you! 

Jackie

Jackie got us
laugh.gif
   Good to hear he's making this change
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom