JB Couldn't justify price increases before but they definitely cannot after seeing this....

Originally Posted by Retri

Justify this:

loleurope.jpg

Europe puts heavy taxes on all products not produced within its borders(?)

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

Originally Posted by Retri

Justify this:

loleurope.jpg

Europe puts heavy taxes on all products not produced within its borders(?)
No. It's only the exchange rate. US$ is to cheap nowadays. In 2001 when the Euro was launched it was nearly 1:1 now it is 1:1,4 ...

It's true that the US$ is cheaper nowadays. But that can't be all it. This has been discussed in another thread and basically what most people think isthat they just get the US$ retail price and put a € in front and that's it.

Because if you do the conversion, 175$ equals more a less 120€.. So where does the other 55€ come from? Maybe also import taxes or they're just putting thehighest price they can..

damn my earliest issue of eastbay was when the questions first came out.. i wonder if that was before the xi concords

Yes it's true that they just change the US$ to the €, but they did that from the beginning. As I said in 2001 there was no big difference in the prices, aseuropean prices include sales tax they could have been even lower. But with the decreasing of the Dollar value it became chaeper and chaeper for europeans tobuy in the US until now and that doesn't seem to change in the next time. A normal AJ release is 130-150€ which is the same compared to the old prices herebefore the Euro and that's a fact. So why should Nike sell them for less?

Thanks to 8 years of Mr. Bush jr. ...

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

lol Are you guys kidding me? I'm 27. When I was about 10, Air Jordans did not sell out. At all. AND I live in Chicago out of all places. As a matter of fact, they hardly sold. It wasn't until about 98 when the shoes REALLY started selling wildly. When Mike was leaving the city. The Infrared VI sat on world footlocker shelves for a while and even the GS sizes sat until the VII's came out. I remember this very clearly. Shoes were shoes back then. Now we are so spoiled that we notice every difference in a retro. It's ridiculous. Crying and complaining that the "heel is off a centimeter" or that the "jumpman should be reversed" mannnn get out of here with all that garbage. There are people in the world that can't even buy a pair of walmart shoes let alone air jordans. C'mon guys, wake up or grow up.
The realest statement in this whole thread

The 2009 Space Jams were the worse price increase in JB history. Don't get me wrong, I was fortunate enough to get a pair on launch day at retail and Iwanted a pair to wear instead of my DS 2000s but the price was a joke. The slipcase box and plastic inserts didn't justify a $50 price hike. Look atLebron's line for instance. The Lebrons had the same type of box and until the LeBron VII was released, LeBron's shoes were/are at least $30 cheaper onaverage and they usually had higher quality inserts than major JB releases. The LeBron IV had updated foamposite, was just as technologically advancedshoewise, and it was $20-$30 cheaper than the Air Jordan models that came out at the same time and since. I suspect another reason behind the price hike otherthan capitalizing on the popularity was to rebound after the Jordan 2009 flop(s) and the so-so success of the DMP packs & most of the Jordan XII retroreleases.

Originally Posted by The Technodrome

lol Are you guys kidding me? I'm 27. When I was about 10, Air Jordans did not sell out. At all. AND I live in Chicago out of all places. As a matter of fact, they hardly sold. It wasn't until about 98 when the shoes REALLY started selling wildly. When Mike was leaving the city. The Infrared VI sat on world footlocker shelves for a while and even the GS sizes sat until the VII's came out. I remember this very clearly. Shoes were shoes back then. Now we are so spoiled that we notice every difference in a retro. It's ridiculous. Crying and complaining that the "heel is off a centimeter" or that the "jumpman should be reversed" mannnn get out of here with all that garbage. There are people in the world that can't even buy a pair of walmart shoes let alone air jordans. C'mon guys, wake up or grow up.

QFT.

as long as the retroes are not up to the standards the OGs were, there will always be complaints. cost cutting decision making is the blame.

lol Are you guys kidding me? I'm 27. When I was about 10, Air Jordans did not sell out. At all. AND I live in Chicago out of all places. As a matter of fact, they hardly sold. It wasn't until about 98 when the shoes REALLY started selling wildly. When Mike was leaving the city. The Infrared VI sat on world footlocker shelves for a while and even the GS sizes sat until the VII's came out. I remember this very clearly. Shoes were shoes back then. Now we are so spoiled that we notice every difference in a retro. It's ridiculous. Crying and complaining that the "heel is off a centimeter" or that the "jumpman should be reversed" mannnn get out of here with all that garbage. There are people in the world that can't even buy a pair of walmart shoes let alone air jordans. C'mon guys, wake up or grow up

I see what your saying about people complaining about little things because I am not a very picky person at all. My thing is, If your going togive us less quality for the shoe fine so be it but if you're going to do that give us a price that is equivalent to the quality being given. Simple asthat

Originally Posted by The Technodrome

I agree. Better quality would be great since they keep raising the pices. But at the end of the day I think most of us should be happy that we have enoughmoney to complain about our $150+ shoes. Just my 2 cents.

The price is justified when you got people trying to sell you a piss yellow pair of Space Jams for double its retail and they actually sell too.

The consensus for the most part that retros are not used for basketball anymore. And most people seemed to agree with this by saying that the technology in theshoes are way outdated. So if they can sell you a pair(a clean ICY one at that) for cheaper then what many other sell there OGs/retros, why not do it?

I do agree 100% quality has dipped(and should be expected), but again I see people saying JB was a luxury brand. Ummmmm....No it wasn't. All they did wasmake shoes and tagged them with a somewhat expensive pricing because of the "Jordan" namesake. Mix in that the shoes are more mass produced incomparisons to older years as well and JB is a business out to make money, this again be expected.

If every other company can rerelease a quality product why can't Jordan Brand. See Capcom remade Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix. Instead of repackaging the game with online play they redid everything from soundtrack, to characters . Remaking a game that is played competetively is harder than retroing a pair of sneakers. Because one mistake and it can break the game when played at a high level . All Jordan Brand has to do is find good quality materials purchase them in bulk. Yet they skimp out on the shoes that probably won't hold on long if played in them competitively now if everyone decided to hoop in their jordans again instead of just buying them for casual wear then we would see the mainstream consumer complain about the shoe. These sheeple only are buying them because we made them cool to wear casually other than that if they see the latest trend is to wear and actually play in their shoes . Jordan Brand would see a massive amount of customer service work due to people requesting refunds for a low quality shoe. All we have to do is start buying shoes and occasionally wear them for the true purpose make jordan brand sell us retro basketball shoes not lifestyle shoes , because these were hooping shoes first.

it's the same old story and thread

yeah is madness...but discussing it like this isn't really going to accomplish anything.

either you're with it..or not.

you really think JB cares about quality or money? exactly.

True of of the big four brands quality wise they are at the bottom I cannot even compare my Adidas Metro Attitudes to the Jordan 1 because the quality levels are like night and day .

I would have to say that JB is a business, that's a business move capitalizing off of the hype of something and hiking the price up. Supply and Demand is all I can say if I was running a business during times like this I would have to do the same. I know some ppl won't agree with this but that's all it is now is a business so i say buy what you like and want and take it for what it's worth.

sad no matter what the price ppl wanna go hard for that fresh and alot of times a higher price tag makes ppl wanna get it just so they can show of and say theyre "Ballin"

Back
Top Bottom