Jemele Hill: Can't take the NBA MVP seriously anymore

I don't like her. SOMETHING tells me she's writing just to get readers. I hate those writers.

The only way to fix the voting for the award and bring back credability to the MVP award is:

The NBA needs to go back how it was before when the players in the league voted for this award.

Nowadays the way the national media is here in the United States there is to much bias and favortism for certain players which leads to some players who dontdeserve to win this award winning the MVP award in a season.

i already don't take the MVP seriously.

10 years from now when we look back, we'll say "how the HELL did Dirk and Steve Nash combine for 3 MVPs?"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

The only way to fix the voting for the award and bring back credability to the MVP award is:

The NBA needs to go back how it was before when the players in the league voted for this award.

Nowadays the way the national media is here in the United States there is to much bias and favortism for certain players which leads to some players who dont deserve to win this award winning the MVP award in a season.

I agree, CP3 is my MVP pick right now but if the Lakers have the top record then Kobe should get it

If Kobe had Gasol had all season the lakers would have won 60+ games. If you go by the standings you would have chose a player from the Celtics or Lakers forMVP. Chris Paul is a great player but there is players that payed there dues that deserve it more than him **cough Kobe/Garnett/Lebron**

i dont really care who wins the mvp award.. but i hate it when media comes out with an article saying blah blah about how kobe shouldnt win it because he hasall the help he needed this year..
last time i checked .. we havent played with bynum for almost 40 games... and we still reached number 1 without him and also yeah so what if we got pau gasol..yeah thats how we got the number one spot
with him but he missed 9 games straight and we were still top 3 in that span.. what more does kobe need to prove ??

akajaedeuce: Can't take Jemele Hill seriously, ever.

As a Laker fan I actually kind of hope Paul wins it. It will give Kobe even more drive and hunger in the playoffs if he gets passed over. Regular MVP isvirtually a meaningless award if you don't make it to the finals.

Regular MVP is virtually a meaningless award if you don't make it to the finals.
i agree. i think steve nash would trade his season mvp for either of billups or parkers finals mvps.

regarding the article, no one take the mvp seriously anyway. it has no meaning. nobody knows what it means, there's no criteria, anyone can win it, sonobody cares. very similar to the mlb mvp.

Originally Posted by yellowmustard

It's absurd that Nash has two MVP's. That is seriously stupid.

it's a bigger joke that shaq only won one mvp

How old are you, like 12?

The year Shaq won MVP, he averaged 30 and 14 and the Lakers went 67-15, so how is that a "big joke"? Dude was the most dominant force the gameever seen.

If only I had a penny for every time I heard someone say something like "It's Kobe's turn to win MVP", "LeBron and Chris Paul will haveplenty of chances later" and other stuff that isn't about this season.

I am glad this didn't get as bad as some MVP threads.

To be honest with you if I had to pick I would pick CP3.

But I do want kobe to win one.

No matter what somebody is going to be upset either way. If CP3 were to lose the MVP but get the finals MVP I think he would be happy. Same thing with kobe.

I agree with her, only under the notion that if CP3/Hornets finish higher than the Lakers, and Kobe gets the MVP, then it's a bit skewed.

Don't get me wrong though, as I'm content with either Kobe or CP3 winning it.

But, it should really go to whoever finishes higher in the West.

Any other way, and it's not a good look.

Same thing if Kobe/Lakers finish 1 and CP3 ends up getting it.

I'm a Kobe supporter, and I still stand by my assertion that Kobe is a more skilled player than Michael Jordan was.
"Closet" Kobe Hater.
Kobe hater in denial.

I can smell one from a mile away.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Still, if Kobe doesn't win it this year... Chris Paul SHOULD.

Well IMO, quote it, KOBE BRYANT WILL RETIRE WITHOUT A MVP AWARD. No question, he will be the greatest player without an MVP award. Don't get me wrong, itisn't his fault, but in all honesty, there is nothing more imo that he can do to win the award. By my account, he was the MVP of the L twice already.02-03, DEFINATELY 05-06, and maybe 06-07 but the Lakers messed up towards the end of that season. This season though, it has to be Chris Paul. The Lakers sqaudnow is better than the Hornets when healthy. Bynum, Gasol, LO,(we saw what he could do on friday) Fish, Sasha off the bench, Farmar, Turiaf, AND KOBE! Whowould have thought that the Hornets would be where they are at right now? Its absurd if the MVP goes to anybody but Paul.

2 Pages and nobody has mentioned how she said Kobe is more skilled than MJ? Not to mention she didn't bring anything new to my eyes (except thatthere's people out there beyond NT who actually believe Kobe > MJ). Redundant article, move along.

Do any of you guys know why they changed the MVP voting from the players to the media? If it was the players voting who do you think would get the award?

Personally, the race is between Paul and Kobe. Paul is playing amazing this year but Kobe is pulling out things I haven't seen him do in his 10 yearcareer. Like someone mentioned, I wouldn't be bothered if any of those two win it.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

2 Pages and nobody has mentioned how she said Kobe is more skilled than MJ? Not to mention she didn't bring anything new to my eyes (except that there's people out there beyond NT who actually believe Kobe > MJ). Redundant article, move along.

I'm two posts ahead of you, and that's what I've said. Jemele Hill, IMO, is like one of those "Kobe Haters In Denial" who use lineslike:

"Kobe is the greatest player ever, BUT... [enter hate]"

"Kobe is a better player than [enter player], BUT [enter hate]"

And in this article, she used the "Kobe is better than Jordan, BUT" line.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom