Jemele Hill: Can't take the NBA MVP seriously anymore

In 04-05, Steve did deserve it that year. But cmon, most players that played in the L that deserved a MVP got it except for.........KOBE BRYANT. I've cometo the conclusion that the reason that he hasn't is because his image is still somewhat tarnished. This is also the reason why I think Lebron James willend up with a MVP before Bean does, which is totally not fair.

MVP's this decade:

99-00-Shaq. Deserved it. La went 67-15, lead the L in rebounding and scoring, logged 4th most in minutes.

00-01-Allen Iverson. Deserved it. Over 30 ppg, best team in the east, half the season was the league's best team.

01-02-Tim Duncan-Deserved it.

02-03-Tim Duncan. Didn't deserve this one. Bean got robbed. The Lakers were out the playoffs, he single handedly got the lakers back in it

03-04-Kevin Garnett. Maybe, but he had spree and cassell with him. None of the less, he had a great season

04-05-Steve nash. Deserved it. Came to the suns, 1st year and had one of the best turn arounds record wise, in the history of the L.

05-06-Steve Nash-I think he is a worthy mvp for this season, but Bean just flat out deserved it a little more.

06-07-Dirk Nowitzki. HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAH. Damn, Kobe really did deserve it this year, if they are going to give an honor like that to Dirk.

People look at Steve Nash's skin color and discredit him

don't even pull the race card.

if Chris Paul was only averaging 15 and 11 and played with Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudamire, NOBODY would be calling him an MVP.

instead, Paul is averaging 21 and 11 and his only All-Star caliber player is David West. and not only does he have superior offensive abilitythan Nash did, he is a MUCH better defender. he leads the league in steals by a large margin. in fact, total all of Nash's steals from 04-05 AND 05-06COMBINED. that total is not within 60 of Paul's steals through 70 games of THIS season alone.

Steve Nash's MVP seasons are literally a JOKE compared to what Paul is doing right now.

and i haven't even mentioned that Nash's player efficiency wasn't even top 15 in the league when he won MVP. Chris Paul is sitting at #3 behindLebron and Amare. seriously. lmao. oh, and when Nash won, Amare and Marion both were top 5 in efficiency in the league. so Nash was playing with 2 of the mostefficient players in the league, he really did a lot with little there.

Chris Paul right now is a ridiculously better player than Nash EVER was. Nash is the only 2-time MVP whose achievements have been completely ****ted on byanother player this badly. it would be like John Starks having 2 MVPs and MJ having none.

so instead of worrying about race, look at how ******ed Nash looks with his 2 MVPs while Chris Paul is a much more deserving player than Nash has ever been andhasn't even locked up one.

^Tyson Chandler says hi.
u do know that Amare was out the year that Nash got his 2nd mvp, right? and u do know that Nash leads the most efficient offense in 4 years since stockton,right? im curious to know why u vote for obama besides being black?

Originally Posted by rocboys

^Tyson Chandler says hi.
u do know that Amare was out the year that Nash got his 2nd mvp, right? and u do know that Nash leads the most efficient offense in 4 years since stockton, right? im curious to know why u vote for obama besides being black?

lol, check out this clown

if you didn't sound so ignorant i would actually bother responding. but knowing your post history, there's no point

Chris Paul right now is a ridiculously better player than Nash EVER was.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom