Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Just got my BA in Criminal Justice.

Looking to find something in TX. New York really ain't right for me right now.

I've just started, but it ain't easy.

Pookie, you say you've moved to another place, correct? How did that work? This'll be my first time moving away for real, so I'd like some advicefrom people who've done it.

i feel sorry for people without degrees ... i have a nice job and just started another, but damn if i didnt have a degree i dont know what id be doing ...

Man reading this thread is like a reality check...I'm a supervisor for a hotel and a server part time and I'm searching for a good paying stable jobcuz I know any minute now I'm about to get laid off...hopefully it doesn't happen but just want to make sure I have a back up plan

Man i been out of a job for about a month and a half. I really am not able to afford college anymore. I know theres loans but i don't know if i should. Itseems liek work experience is what is getting you work and not a degree...Makes me think twice about what i'm doing right now.

Just started my new job this week at Xerox....I would suggest that any one in any type of salesposition with a degree try applying there or with a company like Canon....

Understand were everybodys coming from. I was in the same boat a while back. With no job to pay for school but finally found one.
keep hope alive

You can always try selling on egay, to get some money. It works for a friend of mine. Regardless don't lose hope.

been unemployed since Feb. and ive filled out 579869879 online job apps. I hate the fact that you cant just walk into a place and apply anymore. I feel that ifI could go in and talk to the hiring manager and hand them an app id be able to get any job I apply for im that good. But all these stupid @@#!## companieswant you to fill out an online app and spend 30 minutes answering "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" questions that dont have jack@%%* to do with my ability to perform a job.

Yall should check out Best Buy.. im only 19 and working there at Best Buy Moble making $13 hr plus bonus if we make budget , which is EVERY month at my dept.=extra $300-700.

Easy money while attending UMD.

Dam with the economy the way it is you just have to breathe easy, pray and help out friends.

If anyone is in the Houston area, I have extra work for my shop, 150-200 cash a weekend. PM me

Good luck guys.

Just checking in.

Not jobless. But frustrated.

I can't even complain since my country has been in recession over the past 100 years.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Yall should check out Best Buy.. im only 19 and working there at Best Buy Moble making $13 hr plus bonus if we make budget , which is EVERY month at my dept.= extra $300-700.

Easy money while attending UMD.

When did you start there? Just went to the website and it said that they aren't hiring for most jobs at this time.

I am working, but this economy has cut back my OT, which is what I depended on for clothes, shoes, etc. Now all I'm making is going str8 to the bills. SMH

Got laid off about 2 weeks ago... Not too frustrated yet because I had some savings, taxes coming in, and got some severance pay. Plus, the unemployment willbe nearly as much as my part time position paid.

Also, got an interview lined up for a city position this friday. If everything goes well I should be hired in about 3 months or so.
smile.gif
smokin.gif

I know lots of people that have gotten laid off though. Just keep your head up and something will come your way.

smh.gif
joint is mad frustrating. i have ZERO faith in online job sites, like monster, career builder, hotjobs, snagajob. i feel hopeless. don't know what todo. every job in the paper seems to be a 'make $1000 a day working from home!' scam
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
ridiculous. i may just do like someone above suggested and goto best buy.

on top of that my car broke down and i don't have the money to fix it. i just need a break. no lie, if i could just come up on 5g's, that would changemy life right now.

i've been considering having a 'John Q' type yard sale, where I let everything go for like $1-5.

Thank God my rent/bills are paid for the month.

got laid off from caterpillar last month..luckily i had a part time job at fedex..its not enough..but i am fortunate to have a check coming in every week..beenapplying to full time places..harassing them like crazy so hopefully something will come through

Time to bring this thread back.....cause I ain't working...

Anyone know anybody who needs a technical sales rep/applications engineer?

^ what happened to the job interview where you had to possibly move?
im assuming you got a sales background with engineering degree...
just curious, do you even mention the sales job you recently got on your resume, if it was that short of period?

keep grinding...

as for me, im considering leaving stuff out some stuff to not seem overqualified for some lower jobs i apply to. cant even get a low paying job, smh

you go to school, grad, and there are no avail jobs, what kind of $**+ is that???ugh

Back
Top Bottom